Windows 10: Windows User Account picture appearing in emails received by Outlook users

Discus and support Windows User Account picture appearing in emails received by Outlook users in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was visiting someone and checking an e-mail I'd sent them and noticed to my alarm that my Windows User Account picture was appearing as a small image... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Morton1815, May 13, 2019.

1. Windows User Account picture appearing in emails received by Outlook users

I was visiting someone and checking an e-mail I'd sent them and noticed to my alarm that my Windows User Account picture was appearing as a small image next to my name / e-mail address. I had assumed this image along with other images on my computer was entirely private which is how I want them to be.

A similar question has been asked in the past but there are some key differences here. I am not an Outlook user - it's not even installed on my computer - so I can't change anything in Outlook to prevent this happening. I use Yahoo Mail and the messages I send and receive have no pictures except for the sender / recipient's initials and this is why I was unaware of the issue, otherwise I would have acted on it straightaway. Apparently systems such as Outlook sometimes use an image from a person's social media profile in their messages but I'm only on Facebook in the most limited way and have prevented links from it to my other accounts. The image in any event is from my Windows User Account, perhaps because it can't access a social media image.

What this means is that potentially for years people I correspond with who use Outlook have been seeing these images which were meant to be private. I'm very unhappy about that but I now want to make sure it is no longer possible. The only way I can think to do it is by changing my Windows Settings for privacy so apps cannot access my Windows account information but I'm not sure that will work. Does anyone have any other ideas (bearing in mind that I don't have Outlook on my computer so cannot change any of its settings)?

As a final point I do not think it is acceptable in any way for images a user assumes are private to be used in their messages as avatars, etc, unless they have given explicit permission. It can't be assumed that a picture a person is happy to use for their private account is one they want others to see. The same is also true for pictures used on social media, e.g. a Facebook image is intended to be seen by Facebook users, not others who are known from e-mail.

:)

Morton1815, May 13, 2019
  2. alvez Win User

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Windows User Account picture appearing in emails received by Outlook users [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, May 13, 2019
  3. fisher99 Win User
    Best Multi-User Email App?

Hello. I am looking for an email app that will support 2 users, each with 2 different email accounts (one gmail and one outlook account each). Ideally they would like to use a single email program for both of them but would like separate inboxes for each person.

So, ideally:
    • One email program.
    • Two inboxes, with each inbox collecting email from a unique gmail account and a unique outlook account.

Will be interested in any suggestions.

fisher99, May 13, 2019
  4. Windows User Account picture appearing in emails received by Outlook users

Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows User Account picture appearing in emails received by Outlook users

1. Windows User Account picture appearing in emails received by Outlook users - Similar Threads - User Account picture

2. Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10: Hi,I have a laptop with LOTS of customisations literally thousands that I need for the businesses I run.It is all running great, doing exactly as I want.Unfortunately, my Microsoft account was hacked and stolen. And in typical Microsoft fashion, they have "been able to...
  3. Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10: Hi,I have a laptop with LOTS of customisations literally thousands that I need for the businesses I run.It is all running great, doing exactly as I want.Unfortunately, my Microsoft account was hacked and stolen. And in typical Microsoft fashion, they have "been able to...
  4. Transfer outlook email account to another microsoft user account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Transfer outlook email account to another microsoft user account: I have a Windows 10 Home system (V 20H2) on a HP Spectre laptop I have 2 email accounts defined on on one Microsoft User Account. I want to transfer one of these email accounts (and all its files and data) onto another separate Microsoft User Account on the same computer...
  5. User Account Pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Pictures: Excuse me, I have a problem after upgrading to windows 10 v2004 19041.508. I cant change my user account picture. How do I solve this ? Need help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-pictures/a42fae3f-c7ce-444e-95da-cee6fac71788
  6. User Account Picture Changing to Other User

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Account Picture Changing to Other User: I have three accounts on my desktop Win 10 computer. When another user logs in, the administrative account picture changes to their account picture and the administrative account desktop background changes to their background. In addition, all my laptops using the same MS...
  7. deleting a user account/users email and info

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting a user account/users email and info: I just swopped for this machine and need to know how to delete her user info(name and e-mail address) from it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-user-accountusers-email-and-info/3cad0258-727e-422c-99cb-a4a9dfe6a24a"
  8. User Account Picture

User Account Picture: Help! My User account (manage account, select picture) shows 2 pics to the right of the pic I have already selected. I have no idea where one of them came from & the other is a photo I just took, but I can't find its location on my computer. I want to delete these 'extra'...
  9. Suspicious email received from an Outlook account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious email received from an Outlook account: I received a suspicious email that appears to have been sent from an Outlook account. Here's the full header -- is there any way to determine the genuine originating IP address or any other information to unmask the identity of the person(s) who sent this? (I've redacted my...
  10. Remove User Account Picture

Remove User Account Picture: Pardon me if this is answered already. Bros i just installed Windows 10 Pro Creators Update Version 1703 Build 15063.0. I want to remove user account picture on login screen. I tried some tutorials but nothing is working for me. I don't remember how i did it in...