Windows 10: Windows User accounts and microsoft accounts

Discus and support Windows User accounts and microsoft accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, My daughter added her microsoft account for school to my windows user account before I had added mine making it the default. I have added her as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TonySmithAu, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Windows User accounts and microsoft accounts

Hi,

My daughter added her microsoft account for school to my windows user account before I had added mine making it the default. I have added her as a user and put her Microsoft account on it. I would like to remove her Microsoft account off my user account but it doesn't allow me to remove hers only mine. Do I have to create a new admin user and delete my old admin user account to remove it?

:)

TonySmithAu, Jan 17, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows User accounts and microsoft accounts :(

Zakin, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

4. zsolt_93 Win User

Windows User accounts and microsoft accounts

Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

You could create a secondary account that is Microsoft account and leave the current one as it is. And it should only sync the Microsoft acc. eneabled user and you can still have your old things as they always were, in case you question MS security and what they might collect about you.

zsolt_93, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows User accounts and microsoft accounts

1. Windows User accounts and microsoft accounts - Similar Threads - User accounts microsoft

2. User account linked to wrong microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account linked to wrong microsoft account: Sometime after making both my wife's computer and my computer discoverable and allowing them to share files, my wife's only user account on her computer was somehow linked to my microsoft account. It shows her user but my account in the settings app. How can I change this so...
  3. User account linked to wrong microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account linked to wrong microsoft account: Sometime after making both my wife's computer and my computer discoverable and allowing them to share files, my wife's only user account on her computer was somehow linked to my microsoft account. It shows her user but my account in the settings app. How can I change this so...
  4. switch Microsoft account used on a windows user account,

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    switch Microsoft account used on a windows user account,: hi I was wondering if it's possible to switch what Microsoft account i use on my windows desktop account as i don't want to go through the pain of losing all my files and having to reinstall all my steam games. also will my windows key activated on this pc but also...
  5. User folders and Microsoft account ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    User folders and Microsoft account ?: I have now changed so I log on with my Microsoft account. If I look in the Users folder there is NO folder with my MSAcount name ! On the other hand there IS a folder for the a user I way back used - I think that a local account - right ? How do I get rid of that - OR...
  6. Incorrect Microsoft account associated to Windows 10 user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect Microsoft account associated to Windows 10 user account: When I first built my pc and was setting up a Microsoft account I made a typo in my email address. Now that I cant verify it, it will not let me change my correct email to the primary email. ***Original title: Account typo***...
  7. Microsoft user account on Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft user account on Windows 10: Hi, I accidentally trnafered my local user account on Windows 10 and signed in to a Microsoft account instead , I have tried to remove the Microsoft account and go back to a local but there is no option to and the account is a child account and there is no option in the...
  8. User accounts and Microsoft accounts

User accounts and Microsoft accounts: Our genealogy club has a room with a few PCs that members may use to access online databases the club pays for. With Windows 7, members use a flash drive for data transfer between their home PC and a club PC. If a member had a Microsoft account and could log in to a club...
  9. User profile of a Microsoft account

User profile of a Microsoft account: Hi Using the web, how do I see the public profile of a user who has a Microsoft account live.it or outlook.com or outook.it? Thanks Bye 64612
  10. Connecting User Account to Microsoft Account

Connecting User Account to Microsoft Account: Hello, I have done the upgrade for a few family members, connecting the accounts too with no issues at all, however, in one particular case, I ran into issues. The process started as it should do, and the window says it was currently doing the changes.... then the...