Windows 10: Windows User corruption help

Discus and support Windows User corruption help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently i upgraded my PC with a Kingston SSD to act as a boot drive. I got windows running on it and i have the HDD acting as a storage drive. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/duebers, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Windows User corruption help

Recently i upgraded my PC with a Kingston SSD to act as a boot drive. I got windows running on it and i have the HDD acting as a storage drive.

My issue is that when i try to go into D:\ > Users > My name it stops me with an error message that reads "File Directory is corrupted and unreadable"

I have no idea how it could have been corrupted because all i did with it was physically uninstall it for the windows installation process on the SSD.

I have files and projects for multiple things and i was hoping someone had a solution. Can anyone help me?

submitted by /u/duebers
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/duebers, Oct 19, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 19, 2020
  3. I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Windows User corruption help

Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows User corruption help

1. Windows User corruption help - Similar Threads - User corruption help

2. Corrupted windows user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted windows user account: HiI wanted to restart my computer operating systemso I've chosen the restart option in settings->recovery->restart, and I've chosen the option to delete my files, because I wanted clean system.After that I could not log into my user profile account which is named "navad" -...
  3. Corrupted windows user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted windows user account: HiI wanted to restart my computer operating systemso I've chosen the restart option in settings->recovery->restart, and I've chosen the option to delete my files, because I wanted clean system.After that I could not log into my user profile account which is named "navad" -...
  4. Corrupted windows user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Corrupt User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt User Profile: Recently, I've been trying to purchase an application on the Microsoft Store, however the payment screen would always go blank in a matter of seconds. After some online research, I was able to follow a thread that proposed the solution of trying to purchase the application...
  6. Corrupted user profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted user profile: Hello,A couple days ago I tried to rename my personal folder name viaProperties > Advanced system settings > Settings Under user profiles > I don't remember the rest.After this sometimes the taskbar does not peek when I move my cursor to the screen bottom I have turned on...
  7. Corrupted user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted user profile: Hello,A couple days ago I tried to rename my personal folder name viaProperties > Advanced system settings > Settings Under user profiles > I don't remember the rest.After this sometimes the taskbar does not peek when I move my cursor to the screen bottom I have turned on...
  8. Corrupted windows help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupted windows help: Hi everyone, so I think I might've corrupted my windows a little bit by restarting my pc again right after i booted in from another restart. I'm not sure if that's 100% the reason but now my pc on boot goes to the automatic repair screen and then says it failed and takes me...
  9. login user corrupt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    login user corrupt: How do I locate the login on a user profile as i don't want to delete the user profile just the login. I thought I had set up two user profiles yet can not find the other so I'm assuming the login is embedded within the other. Cheers. Hercules....
  10. Corrupt User

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Corrupt User: Hi My PC has an extra user account on the login screen. Everytime the computer starts up it tries to log into that first. This user does not show up on the list of accounts in the conrol pannel and I do not know the password for it. I have tried a fresh install of windows...