Windows 10: Windows User corruption help

Discus and support Windows User corruption help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently i upgraded my PC with a Kingston SSD to act as a boot drive. I got windows running on it and i have the HDD acting as a storage drive. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/duebers, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Windows User corruption help

Recently i upgraded my PC with a Kingston SSD to act as a boot drive. I got windows running on it and i have the HDD acting as a storage drive.

My issue is that when i try to go into D:\ > Users > My name it stops me with an error message that reads "File Directory is corrupted and unreadable"

I have no idea how it could have been corrupted because all i did with it was physically uninstall it for the windows installation process on the SSD.

I have files and projects for multiple things and i was hoping someone had a solution. Can anyone help me?

submitted by /u/duebers
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/duebers, Oct 19, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 19, 2020
  3. I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Windows User corruption help

Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows User corruption help

1. Windows User corruption help - Similar Threads - User corruption help

2. Windows 10 Corrupted? [Help]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Corrupted? [Help]: Hi and sorry if this question has already been asked, i could not find it anywhere I built a pc about 3 weeks ago and for the past 3 days its been working funny. Once a day, my google would stop working for a second and the screen would stop refreshing and sometimes go...
  3. login user corrupt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    login user corrupt: How do I locate the login on a user profile as i don't want to delete the user profile just the login. I thought I had set up two user profiles yet can not find the other so I'm assuming the login is embedded within the other. Cheers. Hercules....
  4. HELP! Corrupted Windows 10 Install

HELP! Corrupted Windows 10 Install: I have Windows 10 which appears to be corrupted and will not boot. My single HDD is partitioned into 2 partitions, the first(C) contains the current corrupted windows along with many important files. The second(D) has enough space for a Windows installation and is basically...
  5. Corrupt User

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Corrupt User: Hi My PC has an extra user account on the login screen. Everytime the computer starts up it tries to log into that first. This user does not show up on the list of accounts in the conrol pannel and I do not know the password for it. I have tried a fresh install of windows...
  6. My Windows is corrupted help

My Windows is corrupted help: I was playing a game and clicked off to another monitor to look something up on chrome this minimized the game. When I tried to click back on it would not come back up and stopped playback on Spotify, I gave it some time and it still wasn't showing up, and hovering over the...
  7. corrupt user profile/account

in Windows 10 Customization
    corrupt user profile/account: hi there: I like to know, when I go to clear temporary files, I freed up over 300MB of files for just using PPT. That is normal. Now, checking under accounts, it states under your family, we couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on your device might...
  8. Corrupt User Profile?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Corrupt User Profile?: A little while ago, I had a power outage whilst downloading an update. This caused fairly substantial file damage which after much work, I have more-or-less got everything back. The only real issue remaining is there is a four minute delay after Welcome screen to Desktop. I...
  9. Corrupted Default User

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupted Default User: Hi! Recently I had to reinstall my Win10 because probably some faulty drivers caused is to crash very often. After the istallation of the OS completed, I tried to log in as the default Admin user, but this user doesn't seem to exist at all. Now I'm trying to reset the OS,...
  10. Corrupted User Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Corrupted User Account?: Hi everyone. My first post here. I know enough about Windows to be dangerous, but not enough to solve this problem. I have only one user account on my laptop. Windows 10, 64 bit Asus UX305. My Pictures folder is now in my saved games folder, and I don't know why. A...