Windows 10: Windows user creation and change the default user profile

Discus and support Windows user creation and change the default user profile in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, This is the first time i use this site so I have no idea how it works, anyway... In the company where I work we need to create different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mattia Pettenati, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Windows user creation and change the default user profile

Hi everyone,

This is the first time i use this site so I have no idea how it works, anyway...

In the company where I work we need to create different users but with the same applications and configurations, but on different PCs.

I tried to use the guide to enable Microsoft's CopyProfile, but there doesn't seem to be any way out, it's long and difficult and every route I walked doesn't seem to work.

There is a method to create a default user that acts as a "father" for the users that will be created with the same applications, configuration, connections etc ..., or any application that I can use for the scope?

:)

Mattia Pettenati, Dec 23, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

User Profile Service failed

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Copy the Default folder (in C:\Users) from another windows 10 computer.
    • Rename the Default folder to something like DefaultOLD (just to keep it for safety reasons).
    • Paste it in your Users folder.
    • To make sure that you won't have problems with permissions of the "implant" folder, just transfer it via a FAT/FAT32 formatted USB stick (those filesystems don't have permissions).

This will provide solution to the error User Profile Service failed.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 23, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Windows user creation and change the default user profile

The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows user creation and change the default user profile

1. Windows user creation and change the default user profile - Similar Threads - user creation change

2. Change default user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change default user: I just had to totally replace my Windows 10 OS and now it's using deejh as the default user instead of wildchild1954, which is what it used to, and should still, be. Can anyone tell me in simple English how to make that back into the default user? I hate having to go...
  3. Change default user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default user: I just had to totally replace my Windows 10 OS and now it's using deejh as the default user instead of wildchild1954, which is what it used to, and should still, be. Can anyone tell me in simple English how to make that back into the default user? I hate having to go...
  4. Change default user

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. User Profile Name by Default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Name by Default: Hi everyone, my Microsoft email id is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, when on clean install i enter this email to login the user profile name under " C:\user\mail2 " shows like this.I want to know is there a way to change this " C:\user\mail2 " to " C:\user\...
  6. User Profile Name by Default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Profile Name by Default: Hi everyone, my Microsoft email id is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, when on clean install i enter this email to login the user profile name under " C:\user\mail2 " shows like this.I want to know is there a way to change this " C:\user\mail2 " to " C:\user\...
  7. Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User: How to copy All Users and Default User from C drive to D drive?All Users and Default User seems to be shortcut icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-users-profile-all-users-and-default-user/e94bb39f-d648-4b2e-a930-a7aea4c158e2
  8. User Profile Changed Into Backup and logged in using a default new profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User Profile Changed Into Backup and logged in using a default new profile: recently on 18-8-2020 my pc updated automatically . after the upate as i logged in my laptop .... it was as if i bought a new computer and there were no files in my desktop and other folders. when went in The Pc- Users- {My Main Account Username } i found all my files in...
  9. Changing Default New User Profiles on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Default New User Profiles on Windows 10: I'm trying to figure out how to change the default new user profile on WIndows 10. I'm not sure if I'm using the right terminology, but I'll describe what I'm trying to do. Whenever I add a new local user, I'd like that account to be customized a certain way. This way I don't...
  10. Default user profile startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Default user profile startup: I added a user profile for my wife to my PC, but for some reason the PC always boots tmher profile and Imhave to sign myself in. Is there a way t make my profile the default. Have removed the need for login with netplwiz. thanks UPDATE found the answer in netplwiz just had...