Windows 10: Windows User Deleted after Update

Discus and support Windows User Deleted after Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, we encountered some sort of issue. An update came by after a very long time and after it finished, it erased the user account + files and we tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StefanCiobotaru, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Windows User Deleted after Update

So, we encountered some sort of issue. An update came by after a very long time and after it finished, it erased the user account + files and we tried in so many ways to restore those files but we can only find data files, but we were unable to find photos or music and such.

What could i do/try? I tried with EaseUS but it only recovered data files...

:)

StefanCiobotaru, Sep 14, 2019

2. How to delete local user accounts on Windows 10?

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about delete the multiple user accounts on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps to delete local user account and check if it helps.

Note: When you want to delete a user account from your computer:

• You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account.

• You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first.

• Be sure to always have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.
    OR

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account
      " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Windows User Deleted after Update

Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows User Deleted after Update

1. Windows User Deleted after Update - Similar Threads - User Deleted Update

2. Windows 10 update deletes all user data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 update deletes all user data: Good DayWe have this issue where some windows 10 computers do an automatic update and then deletes all the user data, some software remains, but they do not work, why is this happening, this has happened over 10 times in the last 6 months, any advise?Kind Regards...
  3. Deleted User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted User: I deleted a user with a Microsoft account but the user still shows on login. I have tried:1. regedit to delete the profile and it does not show on list2. netplwiz and user does not show on the list3. from command prompt, tried netuser delete and did not find the user.Can...
  4. Deleted User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted User: I deleted a user with a Microsoft account but the user still shows on login. I have tried:1. regedit to delete the profile and it does not show on list2. netplwiz and user does not show on the list3. from command prompt, tried netuser delete and did not find the user.Can...
  5. Deleted User

6. Delete User

Delete User: I have a local account as my admin account. I am trying to remove a user account, and when I go to delete the file location it tells me, I need to be the admin, but I am the admin, and it wont let me delete the files.....I have taken over as the owner of the folders and...
  7. User Data still there after i delete the user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Data still there after i delete the user: A few months ago I had deleted a user from my laptop. Today I just checked my users folder in my C drive, and found that all the data of that user was there, but when I saw the amount of users on my laptop, it was only mine.... Pls Help its taking up a lot of space and its...
  8. UPDATE DELETED MY USER PROFILE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UPDATE DELETED MY USER PROFILE: I'm not sure if it even was an update to be honest. I opened up my laptop to find a notification to restart, which I did, and then told me to log into my normal user profile. When I did, everything was wiped off of that account. And when I went onto the Windows C drive...
  9. Deleted User

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleted User: So my user on an HP laptop got deleted about 4 years ago and I had some important files there which I need now. I can't remember the user username or whether I used an outlook email or Microsoft account to make that user. I think I can remember some potentially correct...
  10. Windows 10 Update Deleted User Profiles

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Update Deleted User Profiles: I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 on 7-7-2019 and I was required to do the update with a full erase of my files and settings. Luckily i backed up all of my files ahead of time with the notification that the update would be doing this. The problem arose when I...