Windows 10: Windows User migration (and data migration!) from one OS to another, but also from one...

Discus and support Windows User migration (and data migration!) from one OS to another, but also from one... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We are on the verge of moving over appr. 100 colleagues from a newly acquired company. The users on the old 2012 Domain are running a mix of Windows 7,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LarsLundstad, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Windows User migration (and data migration!) from one OS to another, but also from one...

We are on the verge of moving over appr. 100 colleagues from a newly acquired company.
    The users on the old 2012 Domain are running a mix of Windows 7, 8 and 10 and Office 2013 and 2016, with their data stored locally on their PC’s.

Our own 2016 Domain is setup with Office 2016 and roaming profiles and we of course want the new users data on redirected folders for security reasons (important stuff stored locally gives me the creeps!)

My technician conducted an initial survey and quickly discovered that the only tool capable of successfully migrating User settings, from one Windows version to another and one Office version to another, is MS USMT. Several initially very promising tools has been tested.

We did create a simple setup with scripts that lets us run USMT as a standalone tool and it seems to work pretty well..

However, we need to figure out how to:

1. Migrate data to the roaming profile
      - and to the correct roaming profile version folder.
    2. We do have some applications & settings that USMT apparently does NOT migrate.

Any ideas as to how 1 & 2 can be handled will be greatly appreciated!

Lars Lundstad
    Staff reallocation resp.

:)

LarsLundstad, Jan 10, 2019
  2. artemp00 Win User

OS migration tools

good idea but I don't want my main system located on a flash stick drive. I just want to have a new clean system and don't spend a lot of time installing all my apps

artemp00, Jan 10, 2019
  3. JimP5 Win User
    Lumia update stuck at migrating your data.

A normal power button shutdown worked on my Lumia 640. W10 upgrade stalled at migrating data, Step 20 of 22, 0%. I performed a shutdown. The phone restarted automatically. It showed it was migrating data at Step 1 of 3. It completed in a minute. The phone
    appears to be operating normally with W10 installed.

JimP5, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Windows User migration (and data migration!) from one OS to another, but also from one...

Migrating data from Palm OS without Outlook

I am trying to migrate my data (calendar, contacts, etc.) from my old Treo 600 with Palm OS to my new Treo 700wx with Windows Mobile, but I do not have Outlook on my pc. I only have the home version of Microsoft Office with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
    Will I have to buy Outlook separately just to be able to migrate my data or is there some other solution?

domodomo999, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows User migration (and data migration!) from one OS to another, but also from one...

1. Windows User migration (and data migration!) from one OS to another, but also from one... - Similar Threads - User migration data

2. Migrate one windows drive to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrate one windows drive to another?: Hello,I had a problem after tyring to install Ubuntu and I kinda screwed some things up, so my Windows 10 wouldnt boot, luckily I had a drive with nothing important on it so I installed Windows 10 on it, and I am currently using it. But I want my old drive back or at least...
  3. Migrate one windows drive to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrate one windows drive to another?: Hello,I had a problem after tyring to install Ubuntu and I kinda screwed some things up, so my Windows 10 wouldnt boot, luckily I had a drive with nothing important on it so I installed Windows 10 on it, and I am currently using it. But I want my old drive back or at least...
  4. Migrate one windows drive to another?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Reinstall windows or migrate from one m.2 to another in PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall windows or migrate from one m.2 to another in PC?: Hello all, I just built my first PC and it's a SFFPC and i have two separate m.2 drives inside of it. Drive 0 is a samsung 980 pro 1TB and drive 1 is the same exepct a 2TB i intended for mass storage separate from my boot drive. During install, drive 0 wasn't able to be...
  6. Migrating from one W10 machine to another

Migrating from one W10 machine to another: I am about to pull the trigger on a new laptop and I am looking for a simple(ish) way to transfer profiles, settings and apps. On mobile phones, it is quite seamless, how about for Windows? What are you guys using? Tks. submitted by /u/Marathonmax [link] [comments]...
  7. Migrating files from one OS SSD to New Nvme

Migrating files from one OS SSD to New Nvme: Got a Samsung Evo 970 and I want to move the files and programs from my Samsung 860 to that as that’ll be where I want the OS to be on now. How do I go about this? Is there no way and I would just need to reinstall everything on the new OS and move documents and stuff using...
  8. User to User Data Migration

in Windows 10 Customization
    User to User Data Migration: When I got my current device, I used my parents Microsoft account for the main user and administrator on it. Now that I have my own account, I want to make a user using my personal information, but everything is on the first account. Is there a way I can migrate all the data...
  9. Migrating from multiple drives to one drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrating from multiple drives to one drive: I created an older gaming pc with an small SSD C drive, a small SSD game drive and a large harddrive where I installed my programs. Is it possible to migrate all the drives and Win 10 into one new drive?...
  10. USMT: Migration from two to one partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USMT: Migration from two to one partition: Hello, during the migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10 we want to move from 2 partitions to 1 partitions. On the external partition (E Drive) we have set the folder redirection for the user libraries. The E Drive is also used to store user data. Now we have folders...