Windows 10: Windows User profile migration - browser credentials- and favorites

Discus and support Windows User profile migration - browser credentials- and favorites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Moving a users documents etc. from an old PC to a new one is quite simple But how do you get about easily migrating browser favorites and credentials... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by BoBoisen, May 16, 2020.

1. BoBoisen Win User

Windows User profile migration - browser credentials- and favorites

Moving a users documents etc. from an old PC to a new one is quite simple

But how do you get about easily migrating browser favorites and credentials from mainly
    Edge, Chromium Edge, Chrome and Firefox? (we've ditched IE completely by now)

/BB

:)

BoBoisen, May 16, 2020
  2. BoBoisen Win User

Moving a users documents etc. from an old PC to a new one is quite simple

But how do you get about easily migrating browser favorites and credentials from mainly
    Edge, Chromium Edge, Chrome and Firefox? (we've ditched IE completely by now)

/BB

BoBoisen, May 16, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to import favorites from Interner Explorer to edge in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: Check Favorites folder in User profile.

• Open C: Drive.

• Select User.

• Select user profile.

• Click on Favorites.

• If you’re able to see the favorites list, then you will be able to import the Favorites from there.
    Step 2: Import Favorites from folder or from browser.

• Open the Microsoft EDGE browser.

• Click on Favorites.

• Select Favorites settings.

• Click on Import.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, May 16, 2020
  4. Windows User profile migration - browser credentials- and favorites

Lost favorites with auto update of 12/31/15

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Which browser are you using? Is it Microsoft Edge or IE?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Check Favorites folder in User profile.

• Open C: Drive.

• Select User.

• Select user profile.

• Click on Favorites.

• If you’re able to see the favorites list, then you will be able to import the Favorites from there.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows User profile migration - browser credentials- and favorites - Similar Threads - User profile migration

2. User profile migration to new Windows 11 PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile migration to new Windows 11 PCs: As one department ~170 persons are in a transition to move to another department on new Windows 11 PCs I would like to move, not only relevant documents but preferably, the entire user profiles with them.Most of their functions will remain the same. And so most relevant...
  3. Migration of windows profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migration of windows profile: We're joining users to the domain, and we need to migrate their local user accounts with all their existing data from My Documents, Desktop, Installed Software, and etc. to their domain profile. How to do this properly, and will the Command Prompt username also be migrated...
  4. Migration of windows profile

Migration of windows profile: We're joining users to the domain, and we need to migrate their local user accounts with all their existing data from My Documents, Desktop, Installed Software, and etc. to their domain profile. How to do this properly, and will the Command Prompt username also be migrated...
  5. User Profile migration problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile migration problem: Customer I work for is pulling in a smaller firm running Windows clean Azure. I am to get those users onto the On-prem domain and have been given the task to move not only their data but also their current user account experience. Going through everything I could find over...
  6. User Profile migration problem

User Profile migration problem: Customer I work for is pulling in a smaller firm running Windows clean Azure. I am to get those users onto the On-prem domain and have been given the task to move not only their data but also their current user account experience. Going through everything I could find over...
  7. User Profile migration problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows User profile migration - browser credentials- and favorites

Windows User profile migration - browser credentials- and favorites: Moving a users documents etc. from an old PC to a new one is quite simple but my techs all tend to do this differently and the results are mediocre.. How do you get about easily migrating everything including browser favorites and credentials from mainly Edge, Chromium Edge,...
  9. Windows User profile migration - browser credentials- and favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows User profile migration - browser credentials- and favorites: Moving a users documents etc. from an old PC to a new one is quite simple But how do you get about easily migrating browser favorites and credentials from mainly Edge, Chromium Edge, Chrome and Firefox? (we've ditched IE completely by now) /BB 155720
  10. User profile migration – migrate user accounts - UPDATE

User profile migration – migrate user accounts - UPDATE: Summary: Originally The below post was posted by Johan Ole Svensson as the result of an internal Survey on his part. Sadly he made the mistake to just point to the excellent answer over at "Experts Exchange" but "Experts Exchange" have shut down access for users without a...