Windows 10: Windows user Profile picture issue, email address, Yahoo mail domain.

Discus and support Windows user Profile picture issue, email address, Yahoo mail domain. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was visiting someone and checking an e-mail I'd sent them and noticed to my alarm that my Windows User Account picture was appearing as a small image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Morton1815, May 14, 2019.

1. Windows user Profile picture issue, email address, Yahoo mail domain.

I was visiting someone and checking an e-mail I'd sent them and noticed to my alarm that my Windows User Account picture was appearing as a small image next to my name / e-mail address. I had assumed this image along with other images on my computer was entirely private which is how I want them to be.

A similar question has been asked in the past but there are some key differences here. I am not an Outlook user - it's not even installed on my computer - so I can't change anything in Outlook to prevent this happening. I use Yahoo Mail and the messages I send and receive have no pictures except for the sender / recipient's initials and this is why I was unaware of the issue, otherwise I would have acted on it straightaway. Apparently systems such as Outlook sometimes use an image from a person's social media profile in their messages but I'm only on Facebook in the most limited way and have prevented links from it to my other accounts. The image in any event is from my Windows User Account, perhaps because it can't access a social media image.

What this means is that potentially for years people I correspond with who use Outlook have been seeing these images which were meant to be private. I'm very unhappy about that but I now want to make sure it is no longer possible. The only way I can think to do it is by changing my Windows Settings for privacy so apps cannot access my Windows account information but I'm not sure that will work. Does anyone have any other ideas (bearing in mind that I don't have Outlook on my computer so cannot change any of its settings)?

As a final point I do not think it is acceptable in any way for images a user assumes are private to be used in their messages as avatars, etc, unless they have given explicit permission. It can't be assumed that a picture a person is happy to use for their private account is one they want others to see. The same is also true for pictures used on social media, e.g. a Facebook image is intended to be seen by Facebook users, not others who are known from e-mail.

***Modified Title from: Windows User Account picture appearing in emails received by Outlook users***

:)

Morton1815, May 14, 2019

2. Windows user Profile picture issue, email address, Yahoo mail domain.

Hi Morton,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. In order to guide in right direction, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Have you setup Microsoft account using your Yahoo email address?

2. How are you sending emails, is it from mail app using the same Microsoft account?

We would suggest you to log into login.yahoo.com using your preferred browser and try to send email and check if the profile picture is visible in recipient account.

If you have turned on sync settings on your system, it could be possible that your user profile picture is synced across your accounts. We recommend you to refer

About sync settings on Windows 10 devices
    to turn of the sync and check.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, May 14, 2019
  3. Windows user Profile picture issue, email address, Yahoo mail domain.

I was visiting someone and checking an e-mail I'd sent them and noticed to my alarm that my Windows User Account picture was appearing as a small image next to my name / e-mail address. I had assumed this image along with other images on my computer was
    entirely private which is how I want them to be.

A similar question has been asked in the past but there are some key differences here. I am not an Outlook user - it's not even installed on my computer - so I can't change anything in Outlook to prevent this happening. I use Yahoo Mail and the messages
    I send and receive have no pictures except for the sender / recipient's initials and this is why I was unaware of the issue, otherwise I would have acted on it straightaway. Apparently systems such as Outlook sometimes use an image from a person's social media
    profile in their messages but I'm only on Facebook in the most limited way and have prevented links from it to my other accounts. The image in any event is from my Windows User Account, perhaps because it can't access a social media image.

What this means is that potentially for years people I correspond with who use Outlook have been seeing these images which were meant to be private. I'm very unhappy about that but I now want to make sure it is no longer possible. The only way I can think
    to do it is by changing my Windows Settings for privacy so apps cannot access my Windows account information but I'm not sure that will work. Does anyone have any other ideas (bearing in mind that I don't have Outlook on my computer so cannot change any of
    its settings)?

As a final point I do not think it is acceptable in any way for images a user assumes are private to be used in their messages as avatars, etc, unless they have given explicit permission. It can't be assumed that a picture a person is happy to use for their
    private account is one they want others to see. The same is also true for pictures used on social media, e.g. a Facebook image is intended to be seen by Facebook users, not others who are known from e-mail.

***Modified Title from: Windows User Account picture appearing in emails received by Outlook users***

Morton1815, May 14, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Windows user Profile picture issue, email address, Yahoo mail domain.

Yahoo! Offers Unlimited Email Storage

As Yahoo! Mail approaches its 10-year anniversary, the company has announced that it will begin providing Yahoo! Mail users with unlimited email storage starting in May 2007. When Yahoo! Mail launched 10 years ago, users got a 4MB of storage for their entire mailbox. Today, the company is aiming for unlimited mailboxes. Yahoo! Mail is currently the world's largest provider of email accounts. Yahoo! Mail has over 250 million global users.

Source: Yahoo!

malware, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows user Profile picture issue, email address, Yahoo mail domain.

1. Windows user Profile picture issue, email address, Yahoo mail domain. - Similar Threads - user Profile picture

2. Issues with receiving emails in code for Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with receiving emails in code for Yahoo Mail: Hello,My wife and I recently started seeing some emails in code. We both use Yahoo Mail. She has Window 10 and I have 11. Does anyone have a possible solution to fix this? These emails are from trusted sources and sometimes they are not in code. Any help appreciated!Thank...
  3. Issues with receiving emails in code for Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with receiving emails in code for Yahoo Mail: Hello,My wife and I recently started seeing some emails in code. We both use Yahoo Mail. She has Window 10 and I have 11. Does anyone have a possible solution to fix this? These emails are from trusted sources and sometimes they are not in code. Any help appreciated!Thank...
  4. Add yahoo mail address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add yahoo mail address: Is there a way to add a yahoo sbcglobal.net to a windows 8mail app? I’m trying to add it as other, but no luck. Any help will be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-yahoo-mail-address/ba38e61b-b88e-40f4-95a3-2f332aca8551
  5. Add yahoo mail address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add yahoo mail address: Is there a way to add a yahoo sbcglobal.net to a windows 8mail app? I’m trying to add it as other, but no luck. Any help will be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-yahoo-mail-address/ba38e61b-b88e-40f4-95a3-2f332aca8551
  6. odd email address in Yahoo mail address bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    odd email address in Yahoo mail address bar: When I attempt to open my Yahoo email the address bar displays a long string of coded letters and symbols afterhttps://yahoo.com. Can that indicate a hacked account or is it normal. When I click on the lock presiding the address the info displayed states the certification...
  7. Yahoo Mail Issues

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo Mail Issues: I just noticed that I am unable to reply or move any of my yahoo.mail messages. I researched and found that the culprit is likely the JAVA download .... in my case, the lack of it. I have also read that Microsoft EDGE browser will not run JAVA. Is there a known work around...
  8. Printing email issue with Yahoo Mail and Firefox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printing email issue with Yahoo Mail and Firefox: Good morning! I have a technical inquiry that I need assistance or guidance regarding printing of email correspondence in my Yahoo account. I have been experiencing issues with specific emails not completely printing. To be more specific, I wanted to print a copy of a...
  9. YAHOO MAIL and email apps

in Browsers and Email
    YAHOO MAIL and email apps: I see from searching there are others who have a problem similar but not the same as mine. For no reason Windows started to report that accounts in the Windows Mail app needed fixing. Google was not affected but Outlook and Yahoo were and many attempts to fix them failed. The...
  10. yahoo email on windows 10 mail

in Browsers and Email
    yahoo email on windows 10 mail: for the last 2 days i have been getting a message that my 'account needs to be updated' and asking me to update my password for my yahoo.ca email, my password doesn't work finally found a thread that advised me to delete the account and re-add it, so i put all my very...