Windows 10: Windows username setup with the Microsoft Account isn't displaying all the letters

Discus and support Windows username setup with the Microsoft Account isn't displaying all the letters in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm a former Mac user who recently bought a Windows laptop. While initially setting up the Windows from scratch, I opted to use the Microsoft Account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by skullsbymike, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Windows username setup with the Microsoft Account isn't displaying all the letters

I'm a former Mac user who recently bought a Windows laptop. While initially setting up the Windows from scratch, I opted to use the Microsoft Account which I had since the XP days rather than creating a local user. I don't remember the exact information asked in that setup, but my username now <My First Name> minus the last letter. For example, let us say the first name I entered was Oliver the username currently is Olive. I wouldn't have cared for that since my Microsoft Account's full name is always displayed where the username would have been. However, since I'm a developer, I keep looking at Olive every time I use the command line. I'm now wondering if anything else tops your name ruined better than this. I've tried most of the username-changing tutorials online that I was sure weren't going to break anything. I've even tried resetting Windows opting for a complete reset without preserving any data. I wasn't asked anything more than email, password and full name this time. Still, the username misses that last letter. Can someone please help me with this? I don't have much Windows experience.

:)

skullsbymike, Mar 12, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Windows username setup with the Microsoft Account isn't displaying all the letters

change admin username account

Hi
    vasilisnikolo

Are you logged in with the Microsoft account or a local account?

You can follow the steps below to change the username and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the User Account for which you want to select the password.
    • Click on Change the username.
    • Click on Change Name button.
    Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows username setup with the Microsoft Account isn't displaying all the letters

1. Windows username setup with the Microsoft Account isn't displaying all the letters - Similar Threads - username setup Microsoft

2. Change username for microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change username for microsoft account: Hi There,Is it possible to fix my username under my Microsoft account?Whenever I log into a new laptop/computer using my email/Microsoft account my username is incorrect:C:\Users\boran - it should be C:\Users\borange>How do I fix this?...
  3. Change username for microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change username for microsoft account: Hi There,Is it possible to fix my username under my Microsoft account?Whenever I log into a new laptop/computer using my email/Microsoft account my username is incorrect:C:\Users\boran - it should be C:\Users\borange>How do I fix this?...
  4. Microsoft account windows username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account windows username: I changed my windows User name a few months ago, everything worked fine since then,This week out of nowhere my apps one by one stopped working due to them trying to find a path that lead to my old username and I had no way of changing that path for the apps, even if I...
  5. Microsoft account windows username

Microsoft account windows username: I changed my windows User name a few months ago, everything worked fine since then,This week out of nowhere my apps one by one stopped working due to them trying to find a path that lead to my old username and I had no way of changing that path for the apps, even if I...
  6. Microsoft Account setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account setup: So - I had a Microsoft Account setup years ago and when I forgot my password I was asked lots of security questions about an old phone number from at least two houses ago in another state, etc etc. I could not remember any of this decades old info. Then it asked me to provide...
  7. Microsoft Account setup

Microsoft Account setup: So - I had a Microsoft Account setup years ago and when I forgot my password I was asked lots of security questions about an old phone number from at least two houses ago in another state, etc etc. I could not remember any of this decades old info. Then it asked me to provide...
  8. Setup Windows with other username

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup Windows with other username: By default Windows is setup with the username used as home folder name. as my email address is pretty long it adds to the whole path of everything in it. There is a maximum length of path names. So I tend to use a single character logon name. After that I connect to tha cloud...
  9. Windows 10 username setup with the Microsoft Account isn't displaying all the letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 username setup with the Microsoft Account isn't displaying all the letters: I'm a former Mac user who recently bought a Windows 10 laptop. While initially setting up the Windows from scratch, I opted to use the Microsoft Account which I had since the XP days rather than creating a local user. I don't remember the exact information asked in that...
  10. display so white letters and all

in Windows 10 Customization
    display so white letters and all: my alphabet are so white I darken the screen but it didn't help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-so-white-letters-and-all/25060ea9-7115-41a5-bc97-a306c407db3f