Windows 10: Windows users are still hit with error 0x8000FFFF

Discus and support Windows users are still hit with error 0x8000FFFF in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows administrators who install the October 2018 rollup patch on a Windows 7 device may run into error 0x8000FFFF once again. Microsoft explained... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 8, 2018.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows users are still hit with error 0x8000FFFF

Windows administrators who install the October 2018 rollup patch on a Windows 7 device may run into error 0x8000FFFF once again.

Microsoft explained when update error 0x8000FFFF happens on Windows Update last month.

It boiled down to this: Microsoft released a Servicing Stack Update for the operating system back in October 2016 and made that update a requirement for the August 2018 update for Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

Systems threw error 0x8000FFFF when administrators attempted to install the monthly update rollout in August 2018 if the Servicing Stack Update was not installed on the device.

Microsoft promised to resolve the issue by pushing the Servicing Stack Update again to Windows Update. Previously, while it was marked critical back then, it was not installed on devices serviced with security updates only.

Microsoft wanted to avoid the same scenario by adding the security tag to the reissued update so that admins would not ignore it anymore.

Things are still not alright

Windows users are still hit with error 0x8000FFFF windows-7-ssu-error.png

Ideally, the issue should have been resolved by now. Admins should notice the Servicing Stack Update and install it on devices so that monthly rollup patches can be installed.

Problem is, this is not necessarily the case. Microsoft marked the Servicing Stack Update as exclusive and that turned out to cause another issue. Exclusive updates are not distributed with other updates. So, any other update pushed to the queue needs to be installed before the exclusive update can be installed using Windows Update.

As Woody Leonard puts it:

In simplest terms, a Windows update that’s marked “exclusive” won’t appear in the Update list until the whole queue is cleared out, either by installing everything that’s backed up, or by hiding available updates.

In other words: the required update to install the monthly rollup patch does not show up until the rollup update is installed. Since the rollup update requires the Servicing Stack Update to be installed, error 0x8000FFF is thrown and the vicious circle of getting nowhere continues.

Microsoft has yet to respond to the issue. Administrators who run into the issue may want to download the Servicing Stack Update from the Microsoft Update Catalog website to install it manually prior to running Windows Update or using other automated update systems to push the most recent updates to these systems.

Closing Words

It is clear that the updating system is still flawed in regards to Servicing Stack Updates, at least on Windows 7 devices. It would be a lot better if the update system would check for updates for components that it depends on first before it starts to check for other updates.

Issues like error 0x8000FFF would never have happened in that scenario.

Now You: What is your take on this never-ending story?

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon. Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows users are still hit with error 0x8000FFFF appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 8, 2018

2. ERROR 0x8000FFFF. HOW CAN I FIX THIS?

Hi Pao,

Error 0x8000FFFF means that you cannot load a page from a
    Microsoft Store
    . To be more specific, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you encounter this on Microsoft Store?
    • In what activity did you receive this message?
    • What is the status of your Internet connection?

In addition, you can visit this link:
    Windows 10 Store app error 0x8000FFFF
    to start troubleshooting this error.

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Nov 8, 2018
  3. 0x8000FFFF error in Windows Store

Hi Joe,

Error 0x8000FFFF means that there's a restriction on your network to prevent you from downloading apps from
    Microsoft Store. To resolve this, you need to disable the proxy.

To do so, follow these steps:

1. Press Windows + R to open
      Run window.
    2. Type inetcpl.cpl, then
      press Enter.
    3. Click Connections tab, then click LAN settings.
    4. Uncheck the Use proxy server for your LAN.
    5. Click Ok to apply changes.
    6. Click OK to close Internet Properties.

In addition, you can visit this link: Top 7 Ways to Fix Error 0x8000ffff on Windows 10 | Driver Talent
    to know what are the other steps that you can do to resolve this error.

Let us know if this works for you.

Johann Eva, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Windows users are still hit with error 0x8000FFFF

hTconeM9user, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows users are still hit with error 0x8000FFFF

1. Windows users are still hit with error 0x8000FFFF - Similar Threads - users are still

2. 0x8000ffff error message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    0x8000ffff error message: I have tried everything to get rid of error code 0x8000ffff but to no avail. I don't want to do a restore because all my disk, passwords and account info is in storage for at least 3 more weeks. HELP! You are my last hope...
  3. Error code: 0x8000ffff

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error code: 0x8000ffff: i cant log in with my private Microsoft account. my school office 365 account works but not my private. i cant even log into Microsoft account on any Microsoft app on my windows 10 including Microsoft phone or outlook. could someone please help me?...
  4. Windows Update Error 0x8000ffff

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Error 0x8000ffff: I am trying to run Windows update and have received Error 0x8000ffff. Here are the two errors I receive: 2020-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 KB4534132 - Error 0x8000ffff 2020-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10...
  5. Error code: 0X8000FFFF.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error code: 0X8000FFFF.: Hi my phone is lomia 950 XL after update when adding August Luke Payam Something went wrong We're sorry. But we were unable to do that . Error code: 0X8000FFFF. Will give Of course, vsphere Store is active and allows downloading and updating, but all apps that need sync with...
  6. 0x8000FFFF Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    0x8000FFFF Error: error when running network check. Tried dism and sfc unable to fix. why? Running insider preview 10.0.19041 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x8000ffff-error/3c51aea0-c49a-4fad-8448-12b8f627d9e8
  7. Error 0x8000FFFF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x8000FFFF: Whenever I try to open the game Minecraft on the Microsoft store, it always say it has an error (error code 0x8000FFFF), but whenever I open any other game, it works out just fine. I've already tried to do wsreset.exe. Is there any other way to fix this? I've also reinstalled...
  8. 0x8000ffff error on every Windows update user for 2 weeks now

0x8000ffff error on every Windows update user for 2 weeks now: 0x8000ffff error shows every time I try to check for updates. Tried Virus scan (Use Webroot and scan with Defender) and SpyBot S&D DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth SFC /scannow Run Windows Update Troubleshooter Reboot Administrator logon Sometimes other...
  9. error 0x8000ffff

error 0x8000ffff: each time I try to open an app on the windows 10 app store I get the error 0x8000ffff[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/error-0x8000ffff/e840ff6a-3f93-4b83-8477-3e0a6682b626
  10. Windows 10 error 0x8000ffff

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 error 0x8000ffff: Hello, I have windows 10 pro, upgraded from original windows 8 pro OS. From 5 to 6 days, I am trying to update windows store app, but during installing app it is giving me error 0x8000ffff. Also when I am going to windows update, no new update is shown. Also I have tried the...
Tags: