Windows 10: Windows - users logged on to samba NT domain cannot connect WIFI ! but local domain users can.

Discus and support Windows - users logged on to samba NT domain cannot connect WIFI ! but local domain users can. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi everybody, The problem I'm experiencing is pretty much what is in the subject. ver. 1903 windows are members of Samba (classic NT) domain and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lejeczek, Aug 15, 2019.

1. lejeczek Win User

Windows - users logged on to samba NT domain cannot connect WIFI ! but local domain users can.

hi everybody,

The problem I'm experiencing is pretty much what is in the subject.

ver. 1903 windows are members of Samba (classic NT) domain and users of that domain when logged in cannot connect to WIFI, but if a local user logs in on the same workstation then WIFI gets connected.

How to troubleshoot it and what can be the cause of the problem?

Many thanks, L.

:)

lejeczek, Aug 15, 2019
  2. RobJM# Win User

User Name or Password Incorrect When Trying to Log In as Domain User

I've tried searching repeatedly for an answer to this problem but I seem to be getting nowhere.

My client purchased a desktop PC with Windows 10 Home edition installed. I upgraded the machine to Windows 10 Pro. I added a Microsoft account to the machine.

I logged in using this account and added the machine to the domain (Windows Server 8). When prompted to enter a domain user account, I used my Administrator account. The machine was added fine. I can see it in the list of devices on the server.

Now when I try to log in to the machine as a domain user or the domain administrator, I get an error. Here are my steps at the login screen:

1. Click on Other user (Note that "Sign in to: <DOMAIN>" is displayed)

2. Enter user name (I've also tried DOMAIN\User and *** Email address is removed for privacy ***)

3. Enter password.

4. Click on arrow.

5. Message displayed is "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again."

I've tried multiple domain accounts and verified their passwords. It seems that only the local/Microsoft account will let me into the PC.

RobJM#, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Scoggs Win User
    Domain users immediately logged out

We got it figured out.

Below is the guide my boss made to fix the issue:

After certain Windows updates, standard users (users who are not members of Elevated Group) cannot log into machines that they have not previously logged into. They input their credentials properly but are immediately signed out.

The cause for this issue is that the Default User profile is corrupted by the update, and the new user cannot create a profile, because the system cannot use the Default profile template to properly create a proper registry key. One will be created, but
    it is corrupted.

To fix this issue follow these instructions:

• Go to C:\Users
    • If you cannot see the Default user folder click “View” and check the box next to “Hidden files”. Be sure to uncheck this box when you are finished with all other steps.
    • Rename the Default folder to “Default.bak”
    • Go to C:\Windows.old\Users (If there’s no Windows.old folder use the backup Default folder in this share to complete the following steps ****see below****)
    • Copy the Default user folder.
    • Go back to C:\Users and paste the Default folder there.
    • If a folder has been created for the affected user, delete it.
    • Deselect the check box next to “hidden files”.
    • Right click over the Windows icon and select Run.
    • In the “Open” window type “regedit.exe” to open the registry editor.
    • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
    • Find the registry entry of the affected user (should have a .bak extension) and delete it.
    • After a restart of the machine the user should be able to log in successfully

Scoggs, Aug 15, 2019
  4. BooBoe Win User

Windows - users logged on to samba NT domain cannot connect WIFI ! but local domain users can.

Difference between local user and domain user?

Excuse me. please help me !

I search everything in the Internet for the question "what is the difference between data of local user and domain user?"

But, i don't understand. You can help me to answer the question?

What happen when i access "administrator" in the local then join to domain controller ?

- windows will added domain user ?

- difference between " new user " and administrator

Besides, if i access "administrator" in local to join domain "Abc.xyz" of my company.
    Can i delete the user local ? if can delete, what happen ?

Thank you very much . sorry for English my bad

BooBoe, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows - users logged on to samba NT domain cannot connect WIFI ! but local domain users can. - Similar Threads - users logged samba

2. Connecting to rdp - domain user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting to rdp - domain user: I connect to the Windows 10 Professional with Microsoft Remote Desktop app for MacOS - on my Windows PC, I've account created by logging to Windows with my work credentials, name@company.com - which I understand is domain account(but the remote computer is not in domain...
  3. User@Domain / Domain\User problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User@Domain / Domain\User problem: So I was checking my Windows 10 computer and saw that there was no domain, it was in a WORKGROUP. I needed to use the format "User@Domain" or "Domain\User" for something, and I do not know what to put. The username is just "User" and there is no password. submitted by...
  4. Adding Domain User as Local Admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Domain User as Local Admin: Hi there, We are trying to set up the computer of one of our remote employees in house and are running into the issue that every time a setting is changed or a program is installed, it is requiring an administrator password from our domain. We don't want this meaning having...
  5. Windows 10 - Join Domain - Domain user logs in and reverts back to the log in screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Join Domain - Domain user logs in and reverts back to the log in screen: This has been happening for over a year. Not every installed new PC, just many time. Newer Win10 builds have not corrected it. We have a Dell Optiplex, Win10 installed. We complete the initial set up, patch etc., then join the domain. After joining the doamin, I go to...
  6. Issues with Local Users and Domain

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues with Local Users and Domain: Hi All New to all of this so apologies if I get some terminology wrong. I am currently in the process of trying to change the settings for the primary user account for a Windows 10 PC, but it would appear that the PC was a part of a domain which has restricted access to...
  7. Configure IIS under different Domain user than the current logged in User domain

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Configure IIS under different Domain user than the current logged in User domain: Hi, We have to configure IIS 1o.o for web application/services which requires windows authentications to connect with backend DB and other services for application to work. We have machines in which user has Admin access in Domain1 (i.e. Domain1/User1). But the application...
  8. Logging in as new User in domain

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging in as new User in domain: My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal. My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues -...
  9. Logging in as Other User in domain

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging in as Other User in domain: My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal. My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues -...
  10. Domain users?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Domain users?: Our company has about 40 Laptops that all have windows 7 on them. Since they are all connected to our domain the GWX app will not appear on any. Would running the upgrade from a WIN 10 DVD activate properly? 9968