Windows 10: Windows users report bugs, crashes after recent security patches

Discus and support Windows users report bugs, crashes after recent security patches in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Was going to ask if anyone has been experiencing weird issues since this last batch of patches. On my laptop I've been having spotty Wi-Fi and internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by sygnus21, Nov 11, 2015.

1. sygnus21 Win User

Windows users report bugs, crashes after recent security patches

Was going to ask if anyone has been experiencing weird issues since this last batch of patches. On my laptop I've been having spotty Wi-Fi and internet issues. My desktop has also been experiencing internet issues as well as restart issues. Anyway I was searching the net when I ran into this article...

Source: ZDNET - Windows users report bugs, crashes after recent security patches

We "might" have to remove a patch *Shock

:)

sygnus21, Nov 11, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Programs Reopening after restart in windows 10.

This is a known bug in the Fall creators Upgrade. Microsoft report they are aware of this and are currently working on a patch

A lot of users are waiting on the fix or workaround . . .

DaveM121, Nov 11, 2015
  3. Error code 0x80029c4a

Other users reported that this issue/bug has been fixed with the recent updates....

Please see
    here

Jsssssssss, Nov 11, 2015
  4. Windows users report bugs, crashes after recent security patches

Have you updated your Wi-Fi driver.
    Mine updated its self just after the patch went in, and been ok since also a lot faster
    See my System Spec for what laptop I have
    For driver updates I use Auslogics Driver Updater as soon as it finds a driver playing up or out of date it notifies me and installs the latest one.

hTconeM9user, Nov 11, 2015
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    No problem with my outlook after installing those patch files. Runs fine....as far as wifi, I don't use it, everything here is hardwired. *Smile

OldMike65, Nov 11, 2015
  6. dheck1961 Win User
    I'd suggest removing kb3097877 first - it has been linked to several issues not just Outlook crashing - we had to remove via a script from all in our environment (400+ pcs)

dheck1961, Nov 11, 2015
  7. sygnus21 Win User
    I don't user driver update programs, never did. I'm also an update fanatic so I keep drivers, BIOS', firmware, and software patched whenever there are new releases.

Anyway I'm also pointing out that these latest updates seems to be causing problems with some systems.

Thanks.

sygnus21, Nov 11, 2015
  8. jfreemont Win User

What else is new. Windows 10 is becoming an absolute update disaster.

Guess what will happen during the next build? The same exact thing. Expect Windows to have major issues every 3 to 4 months as Microsoft craps out these new builds.

jfreemont, Nov 12, 2015
  9. sygnus21 Win User
    Yes because every other release before it was perfect *sarc

sygnus21, Nov 12, 2015
  10. jfreemont Win User
    Before what?

Microsoft didn't release a new build of XP every 3-4 months.

Microsoft didn't release a new build of Vista every 3-4 months.

Microsoft didn't release a new build of 7 every 3-4 months.

Microsoft didn't release a new build of 8 every 3-4 months.

So what are you talking about? Who is holding a gun to Microsoft's head to update Windows 10 like this? Oh, nobody? So it's Microsoft's fault they are doing this? That's what I thought.

jfreemont, Nov 12, 2015
  11. BillyBob Win User
    While I had my share of problems early on in the insider programme, I've had none at all with RTM and none on the previews lately, and that's on 4 entirely different computers from Atom to Core i7.

BillyBob, Nov 12, 2015
  12. Read more: http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsof...b3097877-fixed

ZDNet: http://www.zdnet.com/article/outlook...are-not-alone/

Cluster Head, Nov 12, 2015
  13. dheck1961 Win User

We didn't have the issue with the few Windows 10 computers we have in our environment or the Windows 8 ones. It was only Windows 7 computers.

dheck1961, Nov 12, 2015
  14. meebers Win User
    Yesterday after I updated, W7 Outlook2010, would not allow me to click on the inbox to read mail without crashing. (stopped responding, checking with MS for fix....) Tried about 5 times same problem. After about an hour, it worked normal

meebers, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows users report bugs, crashes after recent security patches - Similar Threads - users report bugs

2. Bug Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug Report: Hello i would like to report a bug with windows 11 where there are blank gaps where shopping and games should be in the widgets panels. Another bug ive been encountering is where the widgets sometimes dont update automatically and i have to manually refresh to actually see...
  3. Google chrome crashed when print webpage to pdf after recent win11 security patch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google chrome crashed when print webpage to pdf after recent win11 security patch: After installation of recent security patch for win11, I used Microsoft PDF printer to print webpage to pdf, and google chrome kept crashed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-crashed-when-print-webpage-to-pdf/b4b06060-e41c-4854-ae78-703b4cd49e6b
  4. Google chrome crashed when print webpage to pdf after recent win11 security patch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google chrome crashed when print webpage to pdf after recent win11 security patch: After installation of recent security patch for win11, I used Microsoft PDF printer to print webpage to pdf, and google chrome kept crashed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-crashed-when-print-webpage-to-pdf/b4b06060-e41c-4854-ae78-703b4cd49e6b
  5. report a bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    report a bug: bug ? .. regarding windows 10 file explorer. sorry for the grammar .. I am 80 and i have arthritis in my hands so i try to minimize typing. when a new version of my vb.net desktop application is run for the first time it does the following. 1 .. the program deletes any old...
  6. Bug Report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bug Report: Hello My Self Neeraj From India Here Is A Big Bug On Your Windows 10 Oprating System win10 is not working perfactly in acer aspire E5-573Gin this laptop touchpad not working in windows 10 but its work perfactly in windows 7 here is no any driver issue i was try many of ways...
  7. Reporting bugs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reporting bugs: I am currently running Windows 10 verison 20H2 and I am unable to connect to my mobile hotspot sometimes, it says "Unable to connect to this network, also Settings app freezes when we click on System....
  8. Report a bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Report a bug: Hi all, I already posted before regarding frequent BSOD and unexpected crashing where we found out that the main cause was the RAM. We already replaced the RAM and when I turned on the PC, prior to logging in another BSOD event happened. It was pointing to the following...
  9. NSA Reported Security Vulnerability Patch Hardware Dependent?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NSA Reported Security Vulnerability Patch Hardware Dependent?: My HP Compaq nc6120 runs Windows 10 1709 with all the quality updates currently offered by Windows Update. Reading about the recent NSA reported security vulnerability, I downloaded patch KB4534276 from http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/ and ran it; after about 10...
  10. bug in patch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bug in patch: It been reported by numerous posts that KB4512508 is defected. I also read that a new patch will be published by Microsoft --- when the publish a new (fixed) patch will it retain the same KB number?? In my case KB4512508 installed and lead to all sorts of issue...