Windows 10: Windows uses Face Scan for Hello at sign in, but within Windows, Hello waits for manual...

Discus and support Windows uses Face Scan for Hello at sign in, but within Windows, Hello waits for manual... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have setup Hello with PIN, fingerprints, and facial recognition Brio 4K camera. Windows Hello works as expected to sign in to Windows, using facial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GraniteStateColin, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Windows uses Face Scan for Hello at sign in, but within Windows, Hello waits for manual...

I have setup Hello with PIN, fingerprints, and facial recognition Brio 4K camera. Windows Hello works as expected to sign in to Windows, using facial recognition. However, for signing in to Hello-supported applications within Windows, like password managers, instead of just scanning my face, it pops up the Hello prompt and says, "Scan your finger on the fingerprint reader." There is a "More choices" link. If I hit that, I can select Face or PIN as additional options. If I select Face, it works fine, but that misses the point of facial recognition and it's actually faster to just swipe my fin

:)

GraniteStateColin, Sep 26, 2022
  2. Edwin Win User

windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

Windows uses Face Scan for Hello at sign in, but within Windows, Hello waits for manual... [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 26, 2022
  3. Windows "Hello" face recognition.

Hi,

There are several possible reasons as to why you are facing this issue. We would like to ask you a few questions so we can provide a better assistance:

• Did you encounter any error messages while trying to sign in to Windows Hello? If yes, please send us a screenshot of the exact error.
    • Have you made any software or hardware changes on your PC prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

We'll wait for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Windows uses Face Scan for Hello at sign in, but within Windows, Hello waits for manual...

Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

Hi,

Please provide us below details to assist you better,

• How exactly you are trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?
    • What is the error you are getting, while trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.
    Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

I suggest you to try the below steps to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition and check if it helps.

• Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

• You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

• You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello, Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

• The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started".

• The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

• Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition.

• Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head
        left and right for verification.

For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17215/windows-10-what-is-hello

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Tenforo, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

Windows uses Face Scan for Hello at sign in, but within Windows, Hello waits for manual...

1. Windows uses Face Scan for Hello at sign in, but within Windows, Hello waits for manual... - Similar Threads - uses Face Scan

2. Windows Hello Face Scan Loads into another Windows Hello Face Scan

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face Scan Loads into another Windows Hello Face Scan: Hello, I am on a Windows 10 machine that is up to date fully.I have a client whose Windows Hello doesn't sign him in. It'll welcome him to the machine, we'll unlock the screen and it will immediately load into another lock screen.We've set up his face scan 3-4 times now...
  3. Windows Hello Face Scan Loads into another Windows Hello Face Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Face Scan Loads into another Windows Hello Face Scan: Hello, I am on a Windows 10 machine that is up to date fully.I have a client whose Windows Hello doesn't sign him in. It'll welcome him to the machine, we'll unlock the screen and it will immediately load into another lock screen.We've set up his face scan 3-4 times now...
  4. Windows Hello Face Scan Loads into another Windows Hello Face Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows uses Face Scan for Hello at sign in, but within Windows, Hello waits for manual...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows uses Face Scan for Hello at sign in, but within Windows, Hello waits for manual...: I have setup Hello with PIN, fingerprints, and facial recognition Brio 4K camera. Windows Hello works as expected to sign in to Windows, using facial recognition. However, for signing in to Hello-supported applications within Windows, like password managers, instead of just...
  6. windows hello face sign in

windows hello face sign in: Turning on my computer I get: " before you set up a windows hello you have to do a pin" window If I go to settings Windows hello set up I get this: "It looks like you've already set up Windows Hello on another account. Remove face recognition from your other account,...
  7. windows hello face sign in

windows hello face sign in: I have a problem now most of you said to remove the windows helo option and restore it but I didn't see the remove button on that my version is windows it says my windows edition is windows 10 pro and be safe from corona the virus....
  8. sign in with windows hello face

sign in with windows hello face: Recently there was a window update in my laptop and after that new feature of windows hello face came up. When I tried to setup the face it is saying "This option is unavailable" and "We couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face". Please help with this issue....
  9. Face Hello - Sign in

Face Hello - Sign in: I just purchased a Logitech C920s Pro Webcam and was curious how I can use it to sign into my computer running Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/face-hello-sign-in/eec796c9-452f-4463-8b0a-bb5d04b577b5
  10. No "Face" Sign In in Windows Hello

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No "Face" Sign In in Windows Hello: Just bought an Asus Q525, OS: Windows 10. Windows Hello should have "Face" sign in, but mine does not. I can sign in with fingerprint, PIN, password and picture password - but . Any ideas why this is, and can it be fixed? If so, how? Thanks. 109834