Windows 10: Windows uses too much memory?

Discus and support Windows uses too much memory? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Using task manager i see that my user is using 1.8 GB. But my computer is using 5.6 GB in total. I tried to check for memory leaks but I didn't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/trandus, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Windows uses too much memory?

Using task manager i see that my user is using 1.8 GB. But my computer is using 5.6 GB in total. I tried to check for memory leaks but I didn't find any. Is it normal? Like is this how windows is supposed to work? Cause it gives me some trouble when I am trying to use programs that use more than 3 GB of RAM

submitted by /u/trandus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/trandus, Jan 17, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 17, 2021
  3. HP stream wont update windows 10 , not enough memory

To further assist you, we suggest that you run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. Refer to the steps provided below:

• On the Start screen, type memory.
    • Click Settings and then click the result Diagnose your computer's memory problems.
    • Select the option to run the tool.

We also suggest you to temporarily disable the antivirus as it consumes more memory and then try to upgrade.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Windows uses too much memory?

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows uses too much memory?

1. Windows uses too much memory? - Similar Threads - uses too much

2. Vmmem Is Using Too Much Memory It Cant Be Deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vmmem Is Using Too Much Memory It Cant Be Deleted: and it says access denied please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vmmem-is-using-too-much-memory-it-cant-be-deleted/1de3105d-9ad2-4231-a8f7-3df985edc1fb
  3. Vmmem Is Using Too Much Memory It Cant Be Deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vmmem Is Using Too Much Memory It Cant Be Deleted: and it says access denied please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vmmem-is-using-too-much-memory-it-cant-be-deleted/1de3105d-9ad2-4231-a8f7-3df985edc1fb
  4. Vmmem Is Using Too Much Memory It Cant Be Deleted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows using too much memory than usually it takes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows using too much memory than usually it takes: I am using windows 11 pro in my pc for 9 month’s.but i am facing a problem, 3 days gone my pc is using too much memory than usually it uses i am using 8 gb of ram and 7.75 gb usable but windows taking 7.2 gb after booting i turned of all startup items yet now that's not...
  6. Desktop Window Manager using too much RAM Memory.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop Window Manager using too much RAM Memory.: I have 8Gb of ram in my laptop and for the past few days, Desktop Window Manager has been using more than 500mbs of RAM. I have the latest versions of the display adapters installed and the problem persists. Please help me out and let me know what to do....
  7. Too much memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too much memory usage: I have 16 GB of memory, but something is using over 60% of it. [ATTACH] What is causing this? I tried doing sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. What is causing this?...
  8. Too much memory usage?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Too much memory usage?: I've been noticing Chrome discarding tabs lately which is something that I haven't seen since I had my Windows 7 computer over six years ago. And I'm only using about 61 percent memory. And I've used more memory but didn't have that happen. What's happening? Is it because I'm...
  9. Too much memory usage?

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much memory usage?: I've been noticing Chrome discarding tabs lately which is something that I haven't seen since I had my Windows 7 computer over six years ago. And I'm only using about 61 percent memory. And I've used more memory but didn't have that happen. What's happening? Is it because I'm...
  10. Memory uses too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory uses too much RAM?: Howdy, I still have the problem that my memory is used 85% of the time even though I don't have anything on. I was using Process Explorer and lo and behold, my system and the registry are using way too much RAM! How can I eliminate this problem? With kind regards...