Windows 10: Windows uwp apps start crashing after update to 1809

Discus and support Windows uwp apps start crashing after update to 1809 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, day after release, my laptop showed up update for version 1809. I updated, and went everything smooth. After update, i thought of updating windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yash12396, Oct 6, 2018.

1. yash12396 Win User

Windows uwp apps start crashing after update to 1809

So, day after release, my laptop showed up update for version 1809. I updated, and went everything smooth. After update, i thought of updating windows apps later next day, and on next day, BAM!

Windows store crashed. I thought must be temporary. Then i opened a music file to play song. An error showed, app couldn't be started. Like what? Then noticed that bunch of uwp apps started to behave like this (except edge, solitarie, settings and cortana).

It was so frustrating, that i reverted back to 1803. I opened store for cross check. It loaded. I was relieved. And kept it to update all apps.

Here comes most annoying and frustrated part. I dont know how but it started to behave like after update! I tried wsreset, reset from apps page, did powershell ****, even removed the store only to find that i cannot install it again. Not to mention all other apps were also behaving like this. So my last option was to upgrade the os inside os. Fortunately i have 1803 iso. And to no relief, all the nonworking uwp apps are now missing. Except the ones i mentioned like cortana. So my laptop is without calender, calculator. The last step should repair it right?

I am extremely frustrated because none troubleshooting steps work, even creating new user didnt saved

I was fortunate that my personal data was not deleted. But classic apps releived me for sake of operability. This proves uwp is biggest failure of microsoft. When someone uninstalls something, he should be able to install it the way he uninstalled! Do you even understand that?

Lesson learned, never update the os during launch, update after one month.

:)

yash12396, Oct 6, 2018

2. Error 0x2efd in XMLHttpRequests crashes Hosted Web UWP App

Hi,

i also posted this question in the developer forums, cause it is more appropriate there:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...ts-crashes-hosted-web-uwp-app?forum=wpdevelop

But to give you the asked infos:

• It is a self developed Hosted WebApp
    • The Windows is updated, Version in previous post
    • The issue started when i first tested the App offline
    • The troubleshooting steps are all described in my post
    • No Screenshot, cause the app crashes silently, when debugging the Exception comes from the WWAHost
    Greetings

Lars Wolter

LarsWolter, Oct 6, 2018
  3. WillBthr Win User
    Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Windows uwp apps start crashing after update to 1809

Certain apps are crashing upon start. App reset, re-installation nothing seems to help. Any fixes?

The app in question are as follows:

• Engadget UWP
    • Windows Central UWP
    • CNET (Windows 8 App)
    These were working fine in AU.

I have tried App reset and re-installation from store. Nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions?

Gupta Varun, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows uwp apps start crashing after update to 1809

1. Windows uwp apps start crashing after update to 1809 - Similar Threads - uwp apps start

2. UWP apps crash explorer after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP apps crash explorer after update: i recently updated my windows 11 machine to the latest 22h2 version but now whenever i try to open any uwp app e.g. settings, msstore, calculator, samsung flow, videos, photos etc.. explorer crashes and restarts. after it crashes a couple of times a window pops up with the...
  3. UWP apps crash explorer after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP apps crash explorer after update: i recently updated my windows 11 machine to the latest 22h2 version but now whenever i try to open any uwp app e.g. settings, msstore, calculator, samsung flow, videos, photos etc.. explorer crashes and restarts. after it crashes a couple of times a window pops up with the...
  4. HELP!!! UWP APPS CRASH ON OPENNING AFTER REINSTALLING WINDOWS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP!!! UWP APPS CRASH ON OPENNING AFTER REINSTALLING WINDOWS: Hi so i ran into some issues on windows 10 where every uwp app that i run crashes except settings of courseplease help me. i tried to bring them back but everything i tried didnt work. by bringing back i meant by making it work with powershell commands but none of those fixed...
  5. HELP!!! UWP APPS CRASH ON OPENNING AFTER REINSTALLING WINDOWS

HELP!!! UWP APPS CRASH ON OPENNING AFTER REINSTALLING WINDOWS: Hi so i ran into some issues on windows 10 where every uwp app that i run crashes except settings of courseplease help me. i tried to bring them back but everything i tried didnt work. by bringing back i meant by making it work with powershell commands but none of those fixed...
  6. HELP!!! UWP APPS CRASH ON OPENNING AFTER REINSTALLING WINDOWS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. UWP Apps Crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    UWP Apps Crashing: Since upgrading to 1909, I noticed I'm having issues trying to launch some of the Windows Store apps. SO far I've found issues with both the Feedback Hub and Xbox Console Companion (including beta) apps. What happens is that the app will launch for a second, before force...
  8. Update UWP App

in Windows 10 Support
    Update UWP App: This may have come with a LastPass install, but not sure. When booting this console window opens labeled like Thread Title. Cannot find how it is opening. Task Scheduler and AutoRuns checked. Scratching ass at this point as I never heard about Universal Apps while searching....
  9. Update UWP app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update UWP app: At bootup I keep getting this DOS window that says "Update UWP file?" It slows down my bootup noticeably! I researched this heading and found that the MIcrosoft Store Apps Settings should be Automatically ON. I followed the instructions and discovered thatthis feature is ON...
  10. UWP Calculator app crashes on startup after v1809 -> v1903 update

UWP Calculator app crashes on startup after v1809 -> v1903 update: The above is happening to me. I've already tried the sfc /scannow (possible wrong terminology), resetting the Microsoft Store, doing that PowerShell script that reinstalls all UWP apps, and resetting the app itself. Anyone have any idea why this is happening or how to fix...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 apps crashing

2. uwp process crashing laptop

3. win 10 1809 uwp app wont start

4. 1809 update apps crashing,
  5. uwp version 1809 required to run a uwp app,
  6. windows update 1809 uwp,
  7. Windows Universal apps not working since last windows 1809 update,
  8. 1809 uwp crash on launch,
  9. windows 1809 uwp keydown not working,
  10. uwp app stopped working in 1809,
  11. windows uwp apps crash on startup,