Windows 10: Windows UWP apps

Discus and support Windows UWP apps in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; It is 2020, almost 5 years of Windows 10 and Microsoft redesigning the UWP app icons. But still now it icons are disappeared or Disappearing from... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by djsubha007, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Windows UWP apps

It is 2020, almost 5 years of Windows 10 and Microsoft redesigning the UWP app icons. But still now it icons are disappeared or Disappearing from taskbar. My Question to Microsoft, when you planed for a proper solution of this? as a windows 10 user and lover I am very disappointed on this problem from past 3 years.

:)

djsubha007, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Remove all UWP built in apps in Windows 1903

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Windows 10 1903 feature update now lets the users to uninstall a few apps using the
    Context menu. If you’re on the latest build of Windows 10, it will let you uninstall a few UWP applications using the
    Context Menu.

Windows UWP apps 2ff7c851-136c-4751-a8a2-21c4babe9c57?upload=true.png

Please find the list of apps that can now be uninstalled using the Context menu below:

• 3D Viewer
    • Calculator
    • Calendar
    • Groove Music
    • Mail
    • Movies & TV
    • Paint 3D
    • Snip & Sketch
    • Sticky Notes
    • Voice Recorder

To know how to uninstall the apps that cannot be uninstalled using the context menu, refer the article
    Step-By-Step: Removing Windows 10 Universal Apps via
    PowerShell
    by Anthony Bartolo.

Cortana is an integral part of Windows and she cannot be entirely turned off. However, if you don’t want Cortana functionality available to you on your taskbar, I would suggest you to follow these steps:
    Manage Cortana settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Microsoft Adds Ability to Block Win32 Apps from Install on Windows 10

Yes, UWP is an interpreter, an app running in UWP can't function without the interpreter. Only the UWP core has access to the actual hardware, the app does not.

By not having direct access to the hardware, they perform slower. UWP has to translate everything and make sure it passes safety and security checks.

If UWP has issues, all of the apps running on top of it also will. I've seen that in early release of Windows 10 where all UWP based, Windows-included apps broke (Edge, Calculator, Mail, etc.). Granted, it was only broke in one user account.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Windows UWP apps

Certain apps are crashing upon start. App reset, re-installation nothing seems to help. Any fixes?

The app in question are as follows:

• Engadget UWP
    • Windows Central UWP
    • CNET (Windows 8 App)
    These were working fine in AU.

I have tried App reset and re-installation from store. Nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions?

Gupta Varun, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows UWP apps

1. Windows UWP apps - Similar Threads - UWP apps

2. Open file in UWP app e.g. Microsoft Photos via command line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open file in UWP app e.g. Microsoft Photos via command line: Hello,I would like to open a file programmatically with an UWP app. To give a concrete example, I would like to open the image "hello.png" with Microsoft Photos or the Snip & Sketch tool.The AppUserModelID for Photos for me is Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App.How do...
  3. Open file in UWP app e.g. Microsoft Photos via command line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open file in UWP app e.g. Microsoft Photos via command line: Hello,I would like to open a file programmatically with an UWP app. To give a concrete example, I would like to open the image "hello.png" with Microsoft Photos or the Snip & Sketch tool.The AppUserModelID for Photos for me is Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App.How do...
  4. Some built-in UWP apps such as notepad and camera are broken in Canary build 26016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some built-in UWP apps such as notepad and camera are broken in Canary build 26016: I can't access Feedback Hub probably because of this issue.I can't even use the normal Win+Shift+S because it is broken.Here is the issue in action: google driveThe names of each broken UWP app are changed to their link i think...
  5. Some built-in UWP apps such as notepad and camera are broken in Canary build 26016

Some built-in UWP apps such as notepad and camera are broken in Canary build 26016: I can't access Feedback Hub probably because of this issue.I can't even use the normal Win+Shift+S because it is broken.Here is the issue in action: google driveThe names of each broken UWP app are changed to their link i think...
  6. UWP apps keep crashing for new users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP apps keep crashing for new users: We are having an issue with new users not being able to start UWP apps, specifically Camera but this also affects Calculator and the Windows store. The issue seems to affect some devices more than others. The PCs are all running Windows 10 and have all been set up using the...
  7. UWP apps keep crashing for new users

UWP apps keep crashing for new users: We are having an issue with new users not being able to start UWP apps, specifically Camera but this also affects Calculator and the Windows store. The issue seems to affect some devices more than others. The PCs are all running Windows 10 and have all been set up using the...
  8. UWP apps keep crashing for new users

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. black is not black but grey in netflix uwp app with dolby vision OLED ASUS Vivobook labtop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black is not black but grey in netflix uwp app with dolby vision OLED ASUS Vivobook labtop: When I watching the Dolby Vison format videos in Netflix UWP APP installed from Microsoft Store, I notice that the dark scenes in the video are too grey while theyshould be pure black on my OLED screen .Such as the Netflix logo in the vides beginnings,the back ground should...
  10. black is not black but grey in netflix uwp app with dolby vision OLED ASUS Vivobook labtop

black is not black but grey in netflix uwp app with dolby vision OLED ASUS Vivobook labtop: When I watching the Dolby Vison format videos in Netflix UWP APP installed from Microsoft Store, I notice that the dark scenes in the video are too grey while theyshould be pure black on my OLED screen .Such as the Netflix logo in the vides beginnings,the back ground should...