Windows 10: Windows v1809 fresh install does not see SD or USB

Discus and support Windows v1809 fresh install does not see SD or USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows v1809 fresh install does not see SD or USB. What is going on Microsoft! Also missing links for the ISOburner for USB installations. MS is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 1MrBee, May 7, 2019.

1. 1MrBee Win User

Windows v1809 fresh install does not see SD or USB

Windows v1809 fresh install does not see SD or USB. What is going on Microsoft! Also missing links for the ISOburner for USB installations. MS is really slacking at the moment...

Are you going to be able to fix this or shall I purchase a different set of machines as I'm fed up of re-installing now.

:)

1MrBee, May 7, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 7, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 7, 2019
  4. GSG-9 Win User

Installing vista on an SD card...

I am interested in installing vista on to a SD/XD Card. Is there a way to do this? I imagine I could significantly increase my battery life of my laptop by running windows off of the hard drive.
    Thanks for any input/suggestions

GSG-9, May 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows v1809 fresh install does not see SD or USB - Similar Threads - v1809 fresh install

2. My fresh install of windows 10 on usb stick does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My fresh install of windows 10 on usb stick does not work: So, my dad and I have tried basically everything to try and fix this Lenovo laptop. We are basically stuck in a loop. First, it tries to boot from USB stick dual 64 + 32 bit but basically ignores it.Then, it goes to the boot manager which says that windows 10 x64 bit and x 32...
  3. My fresh install of windows 10 on usb stick does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My fresh install of windows 10 on usb stick does not work: So, my dad and I have tried basically everything to try and fix this Lenovo laptop. We are basically stuck in a loop. First, it tries to boot from USB stick dual 64 + 32 bit but basically ignores it.Then, it goes to the boot manager which says that windows 10 x64 bit and x 32...
  4. My fresh install of windows 10 on usb stick does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 fresh USB install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 fresh USB install: So I've just built a 64gb ram weapon and plugged in my new windows 11 USB, only to get through the first few steps of the install, to learn it doesn't meet the minimum system requirements. Even though it blows them out of the water.I have no way of installing windows, or...
  6. Windows 11 fresh USB install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 fresh USB install: So I've just built a 64gb ram weapon and plugged in my new windows 11 USB, only to get through the first few steps of the install, to learn it doesn't meet the minimum system requirements. Even though it blows them out of the water.I have no way of installing windows, or...
  7. Fresh Windows Install from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Windows Install from USB: I have performed a refresh installation from 2 different USB drives and my HP Elitebook continously freezes on Just A Moment. Can some one please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fresh-windows-install-from-usb/4e318321-4776-48e2-923d-39db72bfb940
  8. USB fresh install or Recovery?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB fresh install or Recovery?: Hi. I had drivers problems and I wanted to reinstall Windows. Is it safe to do it through the recovery? With the option of Reset this PC > 'Remove everything'? Or you should use a USB and delete all partitions and reinstall. Ty submitted by /u/borjahen [link] [comments]...
  9. Does Windows fresh install defrag?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Windows fresh install defrag?: submitted by /u/NewbFromAQW [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9d2zz/does_windows_fresh_install_defrag/
  10. Windows sees but won't use freshly installed RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows sees but won't use freshly installed RAM: Hello all, I have a very nagging problem on a computer I use for production. I recently installed an extra 16 GB of RAM but Windows refuses to use them. It *recognizes* the extra amount but will not allocate it for use. Have looked around the internet for a solution but...