Windows 10: Windows v1903 Default App Problem

Discus and support Windows v1903 Default App Problem in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; So, I just done a fresh install of v1903. It will not let me install my genuine copy of Office University (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). It says it can't... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by vgkfan83, May 24, 2019.

1. vgkfan83 Win User

Windows v1903 Default App Problem

So, I just done a fresh install of v1903. It will not let me install my genuine copy of Office University (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). It says it can't be installed at the same time as "O365ProPlusRetail". Nothing is showing under Add/Remove Programs either. There's nothing installed, so I have no idea what the deal is. I've ran the Office Tool kits and everything. I've rebooted, nothing works.

Windows v1903 Default App Problem [​IMG]

:)

vgkfan83, May 24, 2019

2. Default apps are not working in Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the default apps on your computer, let us try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the default apps for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 24, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Windows v1903 Default App Problem :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 24, 2019
  4. Windows v1903 Default App Problem

Default Apps Problem

Yes, I have tried that too. I went into programs and features and tried to see if I could uninstall the windows app but it is not listed. I can open the program with (open with) context menu but , still will change back.

Thanks for suggestion.

Marshall Moore, May 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows v1903 Default App Problem

1. Windows v1903 Default App Problem - Similar Threads - v1903 Default App

2. v1903 Customize Folder Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    v1903 Customize Folder Problem: [img] When i Change Folder type to Pictures and press Apply but it not Change to Large icons view. i trying to go back and open this folder again but folder type still stuck in General items. it look like i cant Customize my Folder anymore. i just updated to v1903 this...
  3. problem updating to Windows 10 v1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem updating to Windows 10 v1903: I've currently October update v1809 installed on my laptop. two days ago, I got to know that there is a new update available named "feature update v1903". I've downloaded it till 99% but there was a message saying "there was a problem installing the update, please restart and...
  4. An app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app: I did a clean install of Windows 10 and the first app I installed was Google Chrome, and I began experiencing this issue after every restart. I've installed other apps since then, all the latest versions and my default apps keep getting reset to the generic Windows options....
  5. default apps problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    default apps problem: After latest upgrade I can not change any default application. Could you help, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-apps-problem/b2adf23d-9b82-47d2-91f6-8ab67c816dfb
  6. Problem with default apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with default apps: When I change settings of my default apps to preferred one and then restart the system, the preferred disappear and they come to the default settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-default-apps/ec2e27b3-3480-4e8a-bcdf-02bd28ecc4a3
  7. Default Apps Problem

Default Apps Problem: I go into settings and change my default app for photo viewing and Windows keeps changing it back to the windows photo app. I prefer my software for photos. What can I do? Thanks 35371
  8. Problem with reinstalling default apps

Problem with reinstalling default apps: I am having a problem with reinstalling the default apps of Windows 10. When I have uninstalled an app, and then try to reinstall the default package through: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  9. Problem with Default apps

Problem with Default apps: Hello again everyone, This is something else I found happening to my PC since the installation of the windows 10 pro (service pack) update. I change all the default apps to apps I prefer to use by selecting them as you would in the defaults app area. I have been using these...
  10. Setting Default App Problem

Setting Default App Problem: I prefer to open pdf files in Acrobat. My computer is determined that I shall not. It will open only in MS Edge. I try to set the Default App by Type to Acrobat, but even if I select it in the drop down table, it refuses to change. How can I PERMANENTLY set my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not change media default apps after update 1903

2. windows 1903 default program corrupt

3. win 10 v1903 usb probleme

4. top apps w10 v1903,
  5. security baseline for windows 10 v1903 and windows server v1903 crash