Windows 10: Windows Various Features Not Working

Discus and support Windows Various Features Not Working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After attempting to move a bunch of files I have run into a problem whereby attempting to open File explorer causes the taskbar icons to dissappear and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelCailotto, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Windows Various Features Not Working

After attempting to move a bunch of files I have run into a problem whereby attempting to open File explorer causes the taskbar icons to dissappear and then reload after a short time, File explorer can only be opened via the trash bin as of now. Additionally right clicking on a file while file explorer is open causes it to crash. Attempting to unzip a zip file causes it to crash. Attempting to run cmd.exe as admin from the start menu fails, but manually navigating to the shortcut by opening file explorer from the trash bin is a work around.

I recently enabled the Windows subsystem for linux, if there is a chance that is the cause. Additionally running sfc/scannow has indicated that some files are corrupted. It also appears that third party tools for unzipping files still work, and the problem appears to be only with those native to Windows.

:)

MichaelCailotto, Aug 17, 2019

2. Windows 7 top feature request list leaked to the public

With Windows still managing to find its way to over 95 percent of the desktop computers sold each year, it's not surprising that one can find plenty of people interested in giving their feedback about what future versions of Windows should be able to do.

A few years ago, before Windows Vista had even shipped, Microsoft sent out a wish list form asking people what features they would like to see in the next version of Windows, currently code-named Windows 7. The top wished-for features in this list were recently leaked to the public and have popped up at various sites (e.g., Neowin). While anonymous sources at Microsoft tell us that they bear no relationship to the actual feature set Microsoft is currently writing for Windows 7, the list does provide interesting insight into what the Windows-using public most wants from Windows.

The features are listed in no particular order, but they break down into various categories depending on what part of Windows the feature request falls under. Many requests for improvements in Internet Explorer, such as a session restore function, are fairly obvious wishes for features that already exist in competitive products such as Firefox and Opera. Other suggestions, such as a tabbed Windows Explorer, look for features from web browsers to migrate into the general user interface.

Windows Various Features Not Working win7-early_feedback.gif

Some of the feature requests are clearly unrealistic, such as the desire to "back up" Xbox 360 games to the PC (yeah, I don't think Microsoft will be doing that one). Others are minor user interface enhancements that would be nice additions but wouldn't really change the Windows experience, such as a progress bar when hibernating the system. However, there are a few that make good sense and would be welcome additions to the operating system, such as a built-in video and audio codec manager.

A Windows 7 insider who wishes to remain anonymous told Ars that the leaked feature list was gathered before any real development on Windows 7 was started, and readers should not expect to see requests from the list necessarily implemented in Microsoft’s next major Windows release.

Ben Clarke, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows Various Features Not Working

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows Various Features Not Working

1. Windows Various Features Not Working - Similar Threads - Various Features Working

2. Various Windows Apps not working correctly or crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Various Windows Apps not working correctly or crashing: I'm having an issue with many of the various Windows Apps, including the Store, Settings, and many others.I don't know if this is connected but I originally had a problem with the Xbox app and installing games on the D: drive HDD rather than the C: drive SSD with the OS. The...
  3. Various Windows Apps not working correctly or crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various Windows Apps not working correctly or crashing: I'm having an issue with many of the various Windows Apps, including the Store, Settings, and many others.I don't know if this is connected but I originally had a problem with the Xbox app and installing games on the D: drive HDD rather than the C: drive SSD with the OS. The...
  4. Notification Center and various other features not working on administrator account in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Center and various other features not working on administrator account in...: Various features have stopped working for my account in windows 11, as you may see in the video, notification center does not open at all no matter how much I keep clicking on it. Apart from that, I'm also not able to use clipboard and emoji using the shortcut keys from...
  5. Notification Center and various other features not working on administrator account in...

Notification Center and various other features not working on administrator account in...: Various features have stopped working for my account in windows 11, as you may see in the video, notification center does not open at all no matter how much I keep clicking on it. Apart from that, I'm also not able to use clipboard and emoji using the shortcut keys from...
  6. Windows Feature is not working ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Feature is not working ?: I want to turn on credential guard on my windows PC , but isolated user mode feature is not present in my PC . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-feature-is-not-working/8ba6b491-d4da-457f-85ff-74e46caf9b5b
  7. Windows Feature is not working ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Feature is not working ?: I want to turn on credential guard on my windows PC , but isolated user mode feature is not present in my PC . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-feature-is-not-working/8ba6b491-d4da-457f-85ff-74e46caf9b5b
  8. Windows Feature is not working ?

9. Windows Feature Update 1903 failure. Tried various times

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Feature Update 1903 failure. Tried various times: Will not install update. Always fails at 27% and then comes up undoing changes. Running dell Studio 1749 with SSD and 8gb Ram, obviously running windows 10 64bit version 1809 Tried Various things Using admin account Fully uninstalled anti virus. Windows update fails...
  10. Issue with various apps and features/ freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with various apps and features/ freezing: ...OK, I'm not real tech savay so bear with me while I try to explain this issue. I have an issue on both my HP laptops that is just ripping my hair out. One laptop is New and worked for 2 weeks (with wifi connection issues) and the other is my previous laptop which worked...