Windows 10: Windows version 1809 - excel displays new comment instead of insert comment

Discus and support Windows version 1809 - excel displays new comment instead of insert comment in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; updated to windows version 1809. I use Excel 365. Went to update a spreadsheet created prior to getting update version 1809. Now when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RVer88, Jan 31, 2019.

1. RVer88 Win User

Windows version 1809 - excel displays new comment instead of insert comment

updated to windows version 1809. I use Excel 365. Went to update a spreadsheet created prior to getting update version 1809. Now when I try to insert a comment the option is not there. The option appears to be replaced with New Comment & creates a blue triangle in the top right corner of the cell. Is there a way to get Insert Comment back on the drop down list?

:)

RVer88, Jan 31, 2019

2. 2010 version Excel comments not displaying in windows

my 2010 version of Excel does not display comments. it only shows arrows but no boxes. I have to edit the comments by dragging box close to the cell and resizing the box. Is any simply way to resolve this issue?

jessiejxcheng, Jan 31, 2019
  3. 2010 version Excel comments not displaying in windows

I think you are posting in the wrong forum under the wrong category. You would get more informed help by posting in an Office forum about Excel. As the opening poster you actually have the option of moving your thread by editing the opening post to do
    that.

Here's what a quick search using that filtering found. It's for Office 2007 but hopefully that would be close enough to be useful for your 2010 version.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/excel-comments/69593ca5-eb3f-4755-b278-9514d09ca3d7

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Comments and tags not saved or disappears

Hello,

Could you please answer few question:

• Are you not able to see the Comments section in the file or the comment is missing for the MP3 file in the file section?
    If the Comment section is missing, I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Right click on the categories where you see the file section and click on more and scroll down and check on Comments section and check if it helps.

And issues with Microsoft Word 2010, suggest you to post your query in on the below link and check if it helps.

Results in Office - Microsoft Community

Hope this helps.

Arul_D, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows version 1809 - excel displays new comment instead of insert comment - Similar Threads - version 1809 excel

2. Comments in excel have disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Comments in excel have disappeared: Hello I have Microsoft Office home and Student 2013. The comments in my excel worksheets have all disappeared and also my columns have changed. Can you help me get all my comments back?...
  3. Comments in excel have disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Comments in excel have disappeared: Hello I have Microsoft Office home and Student 2013. The comments in my excel worksheets have all disappeared and also my columns have changed. Can you help me get all my comments back?...
  4. Comments in excel have disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows comment

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows comment: I just purchaed a new computer with Windows 10. I set upon removing all the fonts I do not need. After getting the comment "you cannot remove that font because iot is a protected system font" so many times, I turned off the option of getting that comment.How do I turn on that...
  6. windows comment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows comment: I just purchaed a new computer with Windows 10. I set upon removing all the fonts I do not need. After getting the comment "you cannot remove that font because iot is a protected system font" so many times, I turned off the option of getting that comment.How do I turn on that...
  7. @mentions for comments in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint available

in Windows 10 News
    @mentions for comments in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint available: Hello! What’s New My name is Apurv, and I’m a Program Manager in Microsoft Office. We recently added the capability to @mention your collaborators in comments in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. @mentions makes it easier for you to notify your peers, pull them into a...
  8. 2010 version Excel comments not displaying in windows

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    2010 version Excel comments not displaying in windows: my 2010 version of Excel does not display comments. it only shows arrows but no boxes. I have to edit the comments by dragging box close to the cell and resizing the box. Is any simply way to resolve this issue?...
  9. Comment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Comment: I just wanted to thank Greg Carmack (i think is his name) for amazingly clear, concise, informative, easy to follow, and best of all, very helpful information. In a sea of online help forums, etc., his was refreshingly on point. I am appreciative and grateful!...
  10. Excel change default comment font weight

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel change default comment font weight: In Excel 2010 the default comment font has been bold for me for as long as I can remember (even in a fresh install in Win 10). In this post Title Bar Text Size - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums The common fix of changing the tooltip font works for the font size but...