Windows 10: Windows version 2004 messed up IMAP accounts in "Email & accounts"

Discus and support Windows version 2004 messed up IMAP accounts in "Email & accounts" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the 2004 update today I noticed that I can't delete my IMAP account and then talked with someone they said to delete items under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by POQDavid, May 28, 2020.

1. POQDavid Win User

Windows version 2004 messed up IMAP accounts in "Email & accounts"

After the 2004 update today I noticed that I can't delete my IMAP account and then talked with someone they said to delete items under "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ActiveSync\Partners" which should get rid of the corrupted account unfortunately that didn't help no matter what the mail app still keeps those accounts and can't login to Cortana and feedback hub also i did remove and reinstall the mail and calendar using PowerShell

:)

POQDavid, May 28, 2020
  2. Solaris17 Win User

outlook account config

is the email account he is using IMAP or POP3?

Solaris17, May 28, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, May 28, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

outlook account config

His email provider should have the instructions for setting up outlook with an IMAP account.

newtekie1, May 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows version 2004 messed up IMAP accounts in "Email & accounts" - Similar Threads - version 2004 messed

2. Windows Mail app will not add work email account IMAP.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail app will not add work email account IMAP.: When I enter in the details for my work email on my Surface Laptop 2, it is stuck on "Finding your settings" or "creating account" indefinitely. I have tried doing this through Settings, or through the Mail app, and I encounter the same problem each time. Everything is...
  3. Windows Mail app will not add work email account IMAP.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail app will not add work email account IMAP.: When I enter in the details for my work email on my Surface Laptop 2, it is stuck on "Finding your settings" or "creating account" indefinitely. I have tried doing this through Settings, or through the Mail app, and I encounter the same problem each time. Everything is...
  4. Really messed up user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Really messed up user accounts: My laptop is running Windows 10 Home. I was trying to create an additional user account and somehow messed up my main account. It appears that instead of creating a new account I told it to log into my windows account with a local account instead of my Microsoft account. What...
  5. Really messed up user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Really messed up user accounts: My laptop is running Windows 10 Home. I was trying to create an additional user account and somehow messed up my main account. It appears that instead of creating a new account I told it to log into my windows account with a local account instead of my Microsoft account. What...
  6. Outlook 365 and imap accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 and imap accounts: I have an email account using my own domain that I have been accessing via imap on local outlook clients (and through my iPhone and IPad mail apps). This has never been ideal since I cant access my calendar, to-dos, notes and contacts across all my devices. I just subscribed...
  7. messed up user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    messed up user accounts: ok, got a win 10 pc for a friends mum from ebay. It came with the only account called User. I added another local account I then seen a video on YT to right click the start button, computer management, local user & groups and rename Administrator account to what i needed,...
  8. Microsoft Account Totally Messed Up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Account Totally Messed Up.: I continually get cards saying my account needs fixing. When I try to go through the procedure it says it has sent me an email to verify my account. It never arrives. Email is correct. There are so many problems with my MS accounts I can neither sign in from another computer...
  9. Windows Mail - Adding an imap account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail - Adding an imap account: Hello, So, I want to link my work mail account to the desktop app and no matter what I always end up having a "Can't get mail" message below my account. Step by step, here's what I'm doing : Under Account, select Add Account In the popup, choose Advanced setup and then...
  10. User account mess up

in Windows 10 Support
    User account mess up: Interesting problem yesterday. I was logged in on a local account without password. I went to the accounts settings to select the option to switch to an MS account. No such option. But there was an option to select a local account! Whaaat?? I restarted comp and it hung....