Windows 10: Windows version being switched to the wrong version

Discus and support Windows version being switched to the wrong version in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, As this is my first time posting here, do forgive me if there are any rules that I fail to follow correctly. Now the current issue that I face... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MervinEo, Jan 8, 2021.

1. MervinEo Win User

Windows version being switched to the wrong version

Hi,

As this is my first time posting here, do forgive me if there are any rules that I fail to follow correctly. Now the current issue that I face is this. Recently I've gotten myself a new pc. When I first started it up it was running on windows 10 Home. So as me still being a student I was hoping to be able to utilise my school's office 365 account as technically I could still use it being registered as a student of their school and I was hoping to have access to the office 365 versions of ms word and powerpoint. However after I have logged into my school account on if I remember correctly for both in the settings itself and the office 365 apps itself everything was still fine at this point of time. But , the issue arises when after I had shut down my pc and relogged back in the next day somehow my windows version got swapped to windows 10 Education and that annoying logo that says that windows is not activated keeps getting plastered onto my screen. Is there any way for me to be able to switch back to windows 10 home without having to do the factory reset as I am really getting annoyed that the logo keeps appearing saying that my windows 10 is not activated despite me clearly paying for the windows 10 to have been pre-installed onto my pc.

Now currently, I have emailed my pc manufacturer customer service option and so far the assistance that he has provided has not really proven to resolve the issue. Firstly, he advised me to unlink windows 10 from my school account for which when I tried to log into my school account. Somehow MicroSoft could not detect the existence of my school account could anyone advise me as to what might be the issue here>.

Next, he advised me on performing reformatting/ reinstalling windows . Fair enough it did technically resolve the issue although I am still not very sure on what reformatting windows could do but from my understanding basically I would be able to have a fresh copy of windows without any pre-installed software and that I could still revert back to my old windows version should I want to, although I find it troublesome that always in order to remove the pesky notification I would have to switch to the disk with the fresh copy of windows and then switch back to the old version that I have as I do not really wish to waste the time again to reinstall all of the software that I have already downloaded previously.

Now finally comes my last issue. As afterwards I requested to have my product key to see if just changing the product key would it be able to resolve the issue but an error pops out saying that my product key did not work. Hence as such, I was wondering could anyone in the community be able to resolve my issue on hand ? : . Although the customer service officer tries his best but his replies do always come quite late for me and I wish to be able to resolve the issue asap

:)

MervinEo, Jan 8, 2021
  2. [Ion] Win User

Which version of windows?

That's what I'd suggest. As long as you use a legit key (& no cracks) you can get the ISOs anywhere (MS, a friend, etc)

[Ion], Jan 8, 2021
  3. D007 Win User
    Catalyst reporting wrong version fix

Just thought I'd make a topic for this, as it seems, a few people, have this issue.

This an official response from AMD support.

Most people so far have been reporting that Catalyst 12.4 is installed, but continues to show as 12.3 Suite in the CCC software. It's a known issue, but the drivers are installed correctly.

After installing 12.4, compare the DRIVER version to the version listed on the release notes for 12.4. You can also check the driver version in Device Manager for that video card. If it is installed, it should list the version correctly.

Try these uninstall steps first, however:

1. Download the WICU.
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Securit...-Utility.shtml

2. Uninstall everything related to ATI/AMD and reboot through programs and features in the Control Panel (programs and features).
    Use DriverSweeper (freeware) to remove any remnants of AMD (check the "AMD Display" box) (_Driver Sweeper - Uninstall & Clean Drivers - Remove Leftovers - Official Home).

3. Launch WICU and delete anything related to ATI/AMD/CCC.

4. Delete all ATI/AMD folders in "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)".

5. Boot into safemode and navigate to the "C:\Windows\Assembly" folder and delete any assemblies which have the public token key "90ba9c70f846762e". It is possible that you won't find any, but check it.

6. Reboot.

7. Install the Catalyst package again. It should work now.

*Toast :toast:

D007, Jan 8, 2021
  4. dark2099 Win User

Catalyst reporting wrong version fix

I think there was a similar issue that was never reported with the 12.2s, cause IIRC, when I opened CCC with those, it reported the package version as 12.3. Honestly, if the actual driver version rather than package version is listed correctly, then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

dark2099, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows version being switched to the wrong version - Similar Threads - version being switched

2. Wrong Version . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong Version . . .: I've been trying to download, Windows 10 home version. But whenever I do it it's the pro version!I don't know, if I'm not licensed for it? But all I know, after installing pro. It says, "Activate" Windows!I want to put, the installation media. On my USB drive.So please give...
  3. Wrong Version . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong Version . . .: I've been trying to download, Windows 10 home version. But whenever I do it it's the pro version!I don't know, if I'm not licensed for it? But all I know, after installing pro. It says, "Activate" Windows!I want to put, the installation media. On my USB drive.So please give...
  4. Wrong Version . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Switching windows versions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching windows versions: Hello,My work has just purchased parts to build 20 computers, along with one prebuilt PC. On every computer we build, we have been installing windows 11 pro. We are going to purchase the licenses for them once the project is complete and activate every PC, but for now they...
  6. Switching windows versions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching windows versions: Hello,My work has just purchased parts to build 20 computers, along with one prebuilt PC. On every computer we build, we have been installing windows 11 pro. We are going to purchase the licenses for them once the project is complete and activate every PC, but for now they...
  7. Wrong version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong version of windows 10: I just purchased windows 10 pro from the Microsoft store. I received my product key by email and the link to install windows 10 Pro. After installation was complete, my computer shows that windows 10 Home edition was installed. My receipt from Microsoft even shows that i...
  8. Windows 10 wrong version

Windows 10 wrong version: I had upgraded my windows 8 to windows 10 beta when that was available. Windows 10 works fine but my problem is when I installed windows 10 it installed 32 bit. My PC is a 64 bit machine. How can i correct my windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit? Is there a way to upgrade to 64 bit...
  9. Wrong Windows Version

Wrong Windows Version: Recently I reset my PC running Windows 10 Pro Edition. After the reset, I found out that it had installed Windows 10 Enterprise Edition rather than the Pro Edition that it should of been running. I have no idea how to switch back onto the Pro Edition and I am in need of...
  10. Wrong version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong version of Windows 10: Hello, I have installed Windows 10 build 10.130 Pro. I should have installed another version, I am upgrading from Windows 7 Home Premium Dutch. I would like the stay at Dutch. At this moment it seems impossible to activate my Windows 10/ I presume because I have made wrong...