Windows 10: Windows version compatibility with Macrium Reflect questions

Discus and support Windows version compatibility with Macrium Reflect questions in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, Windows Ten forum. I am a newly registered member (10 minutes ago). I have some questions about Macrium Reflect and Windows 7/10. I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by slipstream55, May 5, 2021.

1. Windows version compatibility with Macrium Reflect questions

Hello, Windows Ten forum. I am a newly registered member (10 minutes ago). I have some questions about Macrium Reflect and Windows 7/10. I have been using Reflect V5.2 for some time now for image creation of my Windows 7 laptop. I am very happy with the program. I am now ready to image partitions on my Windows 10 laptop. My options are to continue using Reflect 5.2 (if it will work on Windows 10) or use Reflect V7. My question(s)...will Reflect V5.2 work for both OS's so I am using one program for both OS images, or will Reflect V7 be compatible with my Windows 7 images created using V5.2 or, am I going to have to use two versions of Reflect (V5.2 for Windows 7 and V7 for Windows 10)? I hope I haven't confused anyone with my wordy post. Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

slipstream55, May 5, 2021
  2. Ghot Win User

Windows version compatibility with Macrium Reflect questions

Just install v7.3
    Remake the bootable media
    Make a new full OS image backup

Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

You should "install" Macrium Reflect on Windows.
    For example, I use Macrium installed on Windows to make the backups, then I use the bootable media to restore if I need to.

Windows version compatibility with Macrium Reflect questions [​IMG]

Ghot, May 5, 2021
  3. Windows version compatibility with Macrium Reflect questions

Hello, Windows Ten forum.

I am a newly registered member (10 minutes ago).

I have some questions about Macrium Reflect and Windows 7/10.

I have been using Reflect V5.2 for some time now for image creation of my Windows 7 laptop. I am very happy with the program. I am now ready to image partitions on my Windows 10 laptop. My options are to continue using Reflect 5.2 (if it will work on Windows 10) or use Reflect V7. My question(s)...will Reflect V5.2 work for both OS's so I am using one program for both OS images, or will Reflect V7 be compatible with my Windows 7 images created using V5.2 or, am I going to have to use two versions of Reflect (V5.2 for Windows 7 and V7 for Windows 10)? I hope I haven't confused anyone with my wordy post. Thanks in advance for any help.

slipstream55, May 5, 2021
  4. Ghot Win User

Hello @slipstream55 , welcome to Ten Forums.

This is straight from Macrium Reflect's "Knowledge Base"...

Also, when you upgrade to v7 it will uninstall previous versions.
    I would probably remake the Macrium Reflect bootable media as well.

Keep in mind that all the FULL backups made with v5.2 will have Macrium Reflect v5.2, installed.
    So, it would be a good idea to make a new full OS image backup, once you upgrade to v7.x

Ghot, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows version compatibility with Macrium Reflect questions - Similar Threads - version compatibility Macrium

2. Macrium Reflect question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect question: I've been told I should be doing backups more often. My last one was 1.5 years ago and was a full disk image backup. I heard that a differential backup could be done that would simply update my original backup. So now I did that after looking up directions on how to do it and...
  3. Macrium Reflect Question

Macrium Reflect Question: Hi all, I know there is plenty of support for MR on this site but I could not find the answer to this particular question. I am thinking of installing MR and I noticed in KARI's how-to article (very good) that you could install Free or Home. I will just be using it on my...
  4. Macrium Reflect question

Macrium Reflect question: If I use MR to create an image of a MBR disk is it OK to store that image on a GPT disk ? Is it going to cause problems if I need to restore the image to the MBR disk ? 121523
  5. Macrium Reflect Question

Macrium Reflect Question: Ok Way i do thing is SSD is OS and 1 game that i put on there, and a few small programs, Storage drive has Music, pictures, documents, other games i don't want on the SSD, If i do an image after Redstone 5 clean install do i just image the SSD? or wait til i get stuff...
  6. Macrium Reflect home version question

Macrium Reflect home version question: This might be a silly question sorry if so but, each time I save an Image backup to my second SSD do I need to create a new Rescue Disc too? or does it really matter as long as I haven't changed any hardware components if I use the same rescue disc to boot from each time?...
  7. Macrium Reflect Question

Macrium Reflect Question: I have created a Macrium Reflect USB drive. That was in 2017. How can I upgrade it? Don Cole 113764
  8. Macrium Reflect Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect Question: I have created a Macrium Reflect USB drive. That was in 2017. How can I upgrade it? Don Cole 113764
  9. A Question About Macrium Reflect

A Question About Macrium Reflect: Will Macrium take care of it when making the Bootable rescue media on a USB or do I need a third party tool to make partitions and to make it Bootable? I'v got a brand new USB flash Drive that's factory formatted to FAT32. Do I need to make any further prep with it? 97810
  10. Macrium reflect free compatibility

Macrium reflect free compatibility: Short question are the images produced on reflect 5.1 compatible with 6.Long question: I have backed up my laptop over wireless to a network drive. Laptop is running xp and networked desktop is running win 10. I plan to change my laptop hard drive to an SSD but need to...