Windows 10: Windows version number reporting conflict

Discus and support Windows version number reporting conflict in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. When I run winver, the WIn10 splash screen reports I am running Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1379). However, the version painted to the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MikeyChris, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Windows version number reporting conflict

Hello. When I run winver, the WIn10 splash screen reports I am running Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1379). However, the version painted to the screen is Build 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202. Any idea why these two aren't the same? (BTW I have tried turning the HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Desktop/PaintDesktopVersion reg key off & back on, but no change). Thanx.

:)

MikeyChris, Feb 17, 2021
  2. tfwul Win User

On updated to 1511 machines gpedit.msc reports namespace conflict

Method 2

• Delete the LocationProviderADM.admx and LocationProviderADM.adml files from the central store.
    • Rename Microsoft-Windows-Geolocation-WLPAdm.admx to LocationProviderADM.admx
    • Rename Microsoft-Windows-Geolocation-WLPAdm.adml to LocationProviderADM.adml

But, as always ...

Easier said then done!
    Error: "You require permission from Trustedlnstaller to make changes to this file"

Windows version number reporting conflict [​IMG]

Windows version number reporting conflict [​IMG]

tfwul, Feb 17, 2021
  3. dark2099 Win User
    Catalyst reporting wrong version fix

I think there was a similar issue that was never reported with the 12.2s, cause IIRC, when I opened CCC with those, it reported the package version as 12.3. Honestly, if the actual driver version rather than package version is listed correctly, then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

dark2099, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Windows version number reporting conflict

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows version number reporting conflict

1. Windows version number reporting conflict - Similar Threads - version number reporting

2. enoparser version conflict

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    enoparser version conflict: At Times when I try to save a document or picture I get the following error message. It says 1- power media player/ Enoparser version conflict. Any suggestion's are welcome. Thank you, William Olsen...
  3. evoparser version conflict

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    evoparser version conflict: PowerMediaPlayer version 14.2.9528.0 Type: HEVC, DVD, SR#DVD171013-04. TR# TR181128-013 HP laptop, Windows 10. Photo has "evoparser version conflict" every time I open a pic, which takes forever....
  4. Windows 10 Version 2004. Conflict with Norton Security?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version 2004. Conflict with Norton Security?: Just run the latest update on my PC. Everything seemed to work fine but I tried to do a manual updated on my Norton security after the installation was completed. Although everything looked normal and running properly in the background, it will not open. Checked 'settings'...
  5. How to fix COM number conflicts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to fix COM number conflicts: When we install the clean win10 system and enter win10 for the first time, windows assigns a COM number is conflicts with the standard serial port from LPC IO chip. [ATTACH] When we install the clean win10 system and enter win10 for the first time, windows will load USB...
  6. Version & Build numbers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Version & Build numbers: Quick question: WinVer shows I am running Version 1903 (Build 18362.356); so am I on 19H1? I see sites that show: Windows 10 build 18323 (version 19h1 1903), another shows: Windows 10 build 18317 (19H1). These numbers are just confusing. 142776
  7. Incorrect numbers reported in Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Incorrect numbers reported in Folder Properties: Hello, I've noticed an error or bug that has begun occurring in the last month with the Properties box. I have a folder that contains more than 4 terabytes of data in more than 23,000 files and yet when I right click within the folder and select Properties, the popup box...
  8. windows version number

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows version number: Hi folks, How do I find the windows version number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-version-number/546d9f8f-a512-44c0-a515-c1b0acc112e6
  9. Windows Mail Version number

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail Version number: How can I tell if I got the Aug 19, 2015 update to the mail app? Where is the version number of the updates found? 18156
  10. On updated to 1511 machines gpedit.msc reports namespace conflict

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    On updated to 1511 machines gpedit.msc reports namespace conflict: It looks like it began after the update to 1511, but I'm not sure about that. Maybe it happened sometime earlier, since I don't use gpedit.msc too often. A computer with clean install of 1511 does not suffer from this problem. Anyway, trying to run gpedit.msc now results...