Windows 10: windows version update

Discus and support windows version update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my windows version is 1803 how can I increase it. I need dark mode in file explorer so... I do check windows update daily but there are only minor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SoruSharma, May 2, 2019.

1. windows version update

my windows version is 1803 how can I increase it.

I need dark mode in file explorer so...

I do check windows update daily but there are only minor updates for windows defender nothing for version

please help

:)

SoruSharma, May 2, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond windows version update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 2, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 2, 2019
  4. Al Burc Win User

windows version update

Unable to update Window 10 Pro version 1607 to version 1709

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1607 to the latest version 1709 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer
    • Ran the DISM.exe
    Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101 - 0x30018
    • 0x900704c7
    Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you

Al Burc, May 2, 2019
Thema:

windows version update

1. windows version update - Similar Threads - version update

2. Update for version Win 10 2004 (S0 19041.264) cause me this problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Update for version Win 10 2004 (S0 19041.264) cause me this problem: Hello. The upgrade of Windows 10 version 2004 did not go well for me. The system has become unstable and freezes several times and takes a long time to restart or close. It is very irritating. All the drivers are up to date. I think it is due to this error: Error 809 task...
  3. Windows 10 Version 2004 Update install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version 2004 Update install: Hi. Windows 10 Version 2004 Update installed but it failed. Now my system has done a rollback to July 2019 with Windows 10 Version 1903 Update?? Why?...
  4. 2020-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4556799 -...

2020-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4556799 -...: I am having an issue where this is not instaliing. I have tried everything from using sfc scan to DISM and nothing works. I really do not want to completely reset my pc to factory due to the large amount of content on my PC. Is there anything thing else I can do to get this...
  5. Win 10 update from Version 1909 to 2004

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 update from Version 1909 to 2004: Hi Updated Win10 from Version 1909 to 2004 this morning. Installation proceeded without incident and everything appears to be working normally. After running disk cleanup to remove Old Windows folder from C Drive I noticed a file named DumpStack.log.tmp. I have attempted...
  6. Cant offline Install Windows Update to version beyond 1709

Cant offline Install Windows Update to version beyond 1709: Dear Microsoft, I am trying to update the SO from Win10 1709 OS build 16299.1239 to OS build 16299.1868 by install the kb4541731 and kb4556812 that download from Microsoft, but both of them were failed to install. It show that message "Windows update could not be...
  7. Update to Version 1909 Windows

Update to Version 1909 Windows: Copy and paste of previous question because no one is answering. If you have ANY advice, PLEASE let me know. I've been trying for days. Even if your advice is contacting Microsoft staff via phone or whatnot. When I try to update my Windows version to 1909 in "Check for...
  8. What is new in the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004

in Windows 10 News
    What is new in the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004: The Windows 10 May 2020 Update has started to become available to customers around the world as a free update. [ATTACH] Since the beginning of this year, we have seen the world significantly change all around us. People, families and businesses are adjusting to new ways...
  9. How to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004

in Windows 10 News
    How to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004: [ATTACH] Windows 10 continues to play a key role in how we learn, live and work during these unique times, and we want to ensure a high quality and reliable experience, while also delivering you the latest innovations. In mid-April, we announced the initial availability of...
  10. "Undoing Changes" at end of update and boots back into old version

"Undoing Changes" at end of update and boots back into old version: Hello I'm running version 1809 of Windows 10, and when I try to update to the latest version, either with the built-in Windows Update or with the Update Assistant I downloaded from Microsoft, I get the same error at the end of the update each time, i.e "Undoing changes made...