Windows 10: Windows very slow to boot

Discus and support Windows very slow to boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I just upgraded my processor/motherboard/ram to Ryzen 7 1800x, Aorus X470, 16 GB ram. I have a GTX 1080 Ti. When I restart my computer, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nick_825, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Nick_825 Win User

Windows very slow to boot

Hello,

I just upgraded my processor/motherboard/ram to Ryzen 7 1800x, Aorus X470, 16 GB ram. I have a GTX 1080 Ti. When I restart my computer, it loads very very slow. It gets stuck on the screenshot below for 3+ mins. I have multiple SSD drives installed and figured it might be trying to boot in the wrong order. This is not the case. It starts w/ SATA 0, which is the SSD I have my OS installed on.

I tried disabling the fast load from the power options. This did not work. I found some videos that said changing EnableULPS in the regedit may work, but I believe that is only for AMD video cards.

Any other ideas or troubleshooting I can do? I never had a problem with my old motherboard, as it boot very fast.

Windows very slow to boot [​IMG]

:)

Nick_825, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Slow boot

Hi Craig,

Boot performance may slow can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried booting up your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Oct 11, 2018
  4. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows very slow to boot - Similar Threads - very slow boot

2. Booting is very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting is very slow: Hello, My laptop taking around 6-7 minutes to boot. I have tried all possible fix like reinstall of Windows with both local install and cloud download , Disk cleanup and defragment, switching off superfetch, turned off hibernation, cleaning up registry editor. Nothing worked...
  3. Booting is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting is very slow: Hello, My laptop taking around 6-7 minutes to boot. I have tried all possible fix like reinstall of Windows with both local install and cloud download , Disk cleanup and defragment, switching off superfetch, turned off hibernation, cleaning up registry editor. Nothing worked...
  4. Very slow boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very slow boot: Hello! My laptop needs 7 minutes to boot up and start. It also has an i5 so it should be faster, I tried almost everything to make it faster but it didn't work. What should I do to fix this issue. Thanks! submitted by /u/Comfortable-Push-379 [link] [comments]...
  5. very slow boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    very slow boot: Hello everyone.. I have a lenovo l340 with the following specs: i5 9300h, GTX 1650 4GB, 8GB single channel ram, 1TB HDD, winodws 10 pro 20h2. my problem is that whenever I try to shut it down or restart or boot it, it takes a very long time, sometimes it takes up to 5 minutes...
  6. Boot is very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot is very slow: Hi I have a problem with my PC. I've recently updated my windows using windows settings.Everything is fine but my PC boots very slow after updating. I disabled apps with high impact in startup settings and I also reset my PC but nothing changed. I changed the boot...
  7. Very Slow to Boot

Very Slow to Boot: Hi, since the latest upgrade to Windows 10 1803, my computer is taking approximately four to five times longer to boot, than before. Is this normal? 110711
  8. Very Slow Boot

Very Slow Boot: Until yesterday (New Updates) i have Very Slow Boot and Installed Applications needs so much time to opens. I have Intel Core i5 4670K, SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250GB and 8 GB RAM. Yesterday Computer works normally until today. 9131
  9. Very slow boot

Very slow boot: Please help me for this..I have problem with boot. Its very slow. Windows 8 open very fast. Now show me one black screen then welcome screen and then open..But its slow. Maybe its isue from BIOS boot settings ? 66245
  10. Very Slow Boot

Very Slow Boot: I do have Dell Inspiron 3542 laptop. I have dual booted my laptop with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 15. My Windows 10 boots very very slow. First it shows me windows sign and loading screen then it goes "blank" for like 1 minute and then comes the login screen. After...