Windows 10: Windows vhdx image problem

Discus and support Windows vhdx image problem in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I made a vhdx image of Win10 (1909) from Backup and Restore in the Control Panel. Having successfully downloaded it to my external drive, when I boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by bendipa, Nov 28, 2020.

1. bendipa Win User

Windows vhdx image problem

I made a vhdx image of Win10 (1909) from Backup and Restore in the Control Panel. Having successfully downloaded it to my external drive, when I boot to Win RE ->Troubleshoot->Advanced Options->System Image Recovery, in an attempt to restore it Win10 fails to locate my image. Furthermore, there's no means of browsing to point Windows to the appropriate folder on my external drive.

I then copied the image folder to my hard drive, but unfortunately with the same result. So how does one use this facility to restore an image if Win 10 can't ever find it. This was never an issue with Win 7.

:)

bendipa, Nov 28, 2020

2. DualBoot Windows 10 with native boot on vhdx file.

Thanks for the tip but it's been a long time since I made the script and I don't remember much.

I'd like to check everything with you.

I read this tutorial to create the VHDX Create and Set Up New VHD or VHDX File in Windows 10. and this Problem creating GPT VHD automatically even if I haven't understood much.

For the installation of windows on the vhd I had found a tutorial but now I can't find it.

Can you help me find the remaining tutorials?

Do you know if there is a script already ready?

In the meantime, I fix the script a little (which is not finished) and place it as soon as it is done.

This is the steps in the script

1. backup bcd
    2. create vhdx
    3. apply windows image to vhdx (install?)
    4. add entry in bcd
    5. restore bcd

einstein1969, Nov 28, 2020
  3. cereberus Win User
    How to install vhdx image onto win 10 new computer

Post image from disk management.

cereberus, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Windows vhdx image problem

How to install vhdx image onto win 10 new computer

I tried to locate my system volume but it wasn't listed. This might be because my hard drive is going bad *Shock

So at this point I'll probably reinstall Windows to another drive.

Is there a way to take my Windows 10 VHDX file and apply it to another drive so that drive will boot?

Note: The VHDX I'm referring to was created using Disk2VHD. Is that all I needed to do to create a bootable VHDX, or were there more steps involved? This is my first time trying this so please forgive my ignorance *Huh

Day Trooper, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows vhdx image problem

1. Windows vhdx image problem - Similar Threads - vhdx image problem

2. Windows 11 Image problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Image problem: Assuming I've posted in correct forum-I've using Macrium Reflect for a number of years to create and image of main disc c:. Had no problems imaging Windows 10 and now Windows 11.However, Having imaged. I restarted the image. It failed to start intimating that a recent...
  3. Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal: Hello, I tried to restore from a windows server 2016 vhdx image on another server with another configuration, I want to specify that I used the restore system from windows and that the server is a domain controller, and after restart the system is locked in troubleshooter,...
  4. Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal

Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal: Hello, I tried to restore from a windows server 2016 vhdx image on another server with another configuration, I want to specify that I used the restore system from windows and that the server is a domain controller, and after restart the system is locked in troubleshooter,...
  5. ISO or VHDX image file

ISO or VHDX image file: I am a iMac User running Sur. To use an app name3d Parallels to run a Windows 10 environment, I need to download a ISO or VHDX image file but cannot find it anywhere. Can you please point me in the nright direction?The message I receive during the Parallels installation is:...
  6. Scheduled Backup of VHDX

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Scheduled Backup of VHDX: Hi there, 1st post & it doesn't appear to be a duplicate (or at least a search revealed nothing) :) I'm looking for the simplest solution to schedule automatic backups of the VHDX files of my VMs. Currently I'm just manually copying the folder once a week but it would be...
  7. Problems with images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with images: سلام: مدتی پس از نصب ویندوز 10 ، هنگام پخش فیلم در یوتیوب و غیره ، یا یک خط عمودی در وسط تصویر ظاهر می شود و تصویر را به دو قسمت تقسیم می کند ، اکثر موارد https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-images/5aaa29e4-feb4-44ba-9d35-36593fc36ddb
  8. Problems with images

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with images: Hello: Some time after installing Windows 10, when the video is played on YouTube, etc., or a vertical line appears in the middle of the image and divides the image into two parts, most of the time the two images are higher or lower than each other. This problem also exists...
  9. Problems with an interrupted .vhdx burning proces

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with an interrupted .vhdx burning proces: My version of Windows is in Spanish so I'll translate the options I selected to do this operation so maybe they are not the same names of the English version. I created a rescue disk I created a recovery disk that included almost every folder of mi PC with the option Create a...
  10. How to install vhdx image onto win 10 new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install vhdx image onto win 10 new computer: Can I install a vhdx image backup file from an old computer (win 10) onto a new one? I no longer have access to the old computer. From my internet reading it would appear that virtualization might be invovled and I've managed to install a virtual machine on the new...