Windows 10: Windows Video Editor! (Not Movie Maker)

Discus and support Windows Video Editor! (Not Movie Maker) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I go to open an mp4 file onto the video editor, it pops up with the following message: 'These files have properties that can't be read, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ashlee112345, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Windows Video Editor! (Not Movie Maker)

Whenever I go to open an mp4 file onto the video editor, it pops up with the following message:

'These files have properties that can't be read, so we couldn't add them: Frappe.mov - Copy.mp4.'

If someone could assist me on how to fix this problem, that'd be great!

:)

ashlee112345, Sep 26, 2019
  2. spencerwa Win User

Movie Maker/Video Editor?

I can't find a good video editor that's compatible with a Windows computer. It seems like the only decent program out there now is iMovie since Windows Movie Maker is gone. The only things I can find now are low-quality video editing apps deisgned for
    mobile devices, or super complicated professional-grade programs that are too confusing to use. Does anyone have any recommendation for a replacement for Movie Maker?

spencerwa, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Microsoft Movie Maker versus Windows 10 Video Editor

I understand Microsoft has stopped supporting Movie Maker. However, I have continued using it and it still satisfies my video edit needs to create videos. I do feel continue using Movie Maker without Microsoft support may come back to haunt me.

I just heard there is a Windows 10 Video Editor that is part of my Windows 10. I searched my PC with Windows 10, and indeed I have Video Editor.

A Windows 10 Youtube video, , seems to say the Windows 10 Video Editor is meant as a replacement for Movie Maker. Is this
    true?

Should I learn this new release as it will have most, or even more, editing features to create a video that are available in Movie Maker.

Thank you.

OutdoorSteve, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Windows Video Editor! (Not Movie Maker)

Microsoft Movie Maker versus Windows 10 Video Editor

Thank you to Vijay and BossDweeb.

You both gave me a sense that Movie Maker and Windows 10 Video Editor are not compatible.

Maybe this Microsoft Community might get Microsoft to think again about bringing Movie Maker back or upgrading it. I have been using Movie Maker for over six years for over 20 local community TV shows plus hundreds of posts on my blogs. I have found it
    excellent!

I am not a professional video edit, but for what I need Movie Maker is top shelf. As noted in my question, I am concerned about support for Movie Maker issues.

I responded, "Did not solve" for you because "Solved" did not seem truthful. What is truthful is the five responses gave me similar responses to know, "Photos/Windows 10 Video Editor and Windows Movie Maker are NOT compatible - with Photos not close to
    the the capabilitiese of Movie Maker."

Thank you

I did give 5 stars to the answers for all.

OutdoorSteve, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows Video Editor! (Not Movie Maker)

1. Windows Video Editor! (Not Movie Maker) - Similar Threads - Video Editor Movie

2. Free Slideshow Maker & Video Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free Slideshow Maker & Video Editor: I purchased this today Free Slideshow Maker & Video Editor but cannot unlock. Help please when I click on premium it just returns to home screen yet it tells me I have purchasedCheersDale...
  3. Free Slideshow Maker & Video Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free Slideshow Maker & Video Editor: I purchased this today Free Slideshow Maker & Video Editor but cannot unlock. Help please when I click on premium it just returns to home screen yet it tells me I have purchasedCheersDale...
  4. Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO: Hello, I bought Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO today, order number 6464181728. Unfortunately something was wrong and I could not download the program. I don't want to buy it anymore. Please refund me the money. Regards, H. Chung Mr.E-mail: *** Email address is removed for...
  5. Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO

Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO: Hello, I bought Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO today, order number 6464181728. Unfortunately something was wrong and I could not download the program. I don't want to buy it anymore. Please refund me the money. Regards, H. Chung Mr.E-mail: *** Email address is removed for...
  6. Editing a video in movie maker

Editing a video in movie maker: Hi, I am trying to trim a video in the movie maker app, but when I cut the video to where I want and save it, it just saves the whole video again. How can I cut the video into the section I want and save only that portion and delete the rest?...
  7. Video Update Driver for Movie Maker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Update Driver for Movie Maker: I am using Movie Maker and it is running slow. The message that I am getting is to install a driver card or update one. What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-update-driver-for-movie-maker/3d5e009c-0ff7-475c-aba4-26317c93a441
  8. Microsoft Movie Maker versus Windows 10 Video Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Movie Maker versus Windows 10 Video Editor: I understand Microsoft has stopped supporting Movie Maker. However, I have continued using it and it still satisfies my video edit needs to create videos. I do feel continue using Movie Maker without Microsoft support may come back to haunt me. I just heard there is a...
  9. What is the most basic video editor outside of Widows Movie Maker?

What is the most basic video editor outside of Widows Movie Maker?: Hello, I'm new here. I managed to re-install movie maker 6.0 onto my Windows 10 laptop, but some of the features have ceased to work. What are some easy-to-use video editor alternatives that are good for beginners? 123654
  10. Windows Movie Maker video problems....

Windows Movie Maker video problems....: Does anyone use or has used Windows Movie Maker which is a great little video editing programme ? I know it was designed for Win 7 but in the link below it says suitable for Win 10 but having tried all I know for some reason I still can't get it to work at all. Virtual...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open mp4 file

2. open MOV file

3. open properties file

4. these files have properties that cant be read actual fix