Windows 10: Windows Virtual Desktop

Discus and support Windows Virtual Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Has anyone ever tried Windows Virtual Desktop? How to use it on Azure? I want some first hand experience. Please talk about personalized stuff, not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Elisha Hammond, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Windows Virtual Desktop

Has anyone ever tried Windows Virtual Desktop? How to use it on Azure? I want some first hand experience.

Please talk about personalized stuff, not info which I can get from Google.

Thanks,

Elisha

:)

Elisha Hammond, Oct 23, 2019
  2. sirBait Win User

Virtual desktops

In the article you linked it says talks about 4 goals Microsoft has with virtual desktops:

• Give you more desktop space to group related windows
    • Help you quickly locate and switch to any window or group of windows
    • Let you easily re-organize your groups and move windows as tasks evolve
    • Keep you in control of the degree of separation between your grouped windows
    Not being able to control what desktop the program opens on really doesn't fit in with these goals.

Give me one good reason for why it is suppose force me to change virtual desktop when I open a program, just one good reason and I will consider to drop the issue. To me this sounds like virtual desktops isn't ready yet and you refuse to acknowledge that
    there are bugs, because this makes it very hard to work with multiply virtual desktops.

sirBait, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Virtual Desktops Windows 10?

Hi Lucas,

Modifying the settings of a virtual desktop requires complex steps. Because of this, we might need to refer you to our Microsoft TechNet forums for further assistance. For us to direct you to the correct forum category, we would need the answers to the following:

• Are you using a Windows Server?
    • Is your device connected to a domain network?
    • What virtual desktop are you using?

If you are using Hyper-V, you can use this article published
    by Andre Da Costa as your reference on how to use Windows 10's built in Hyper-V for creating Virtual Machines.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Windows Virtual Desktop

How to uncouple two virtual desktops

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue with virtual desktops then I would suggest you to refer the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 – The Power of Windows…Multiplied

If issue persists try to create new user profile as an administrator and see if issue persists in new user profile. For creating new user profile you may refer to the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type control userpasswords2 and click OK

• Click on add under users tab

• Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account

• Click on Local account

• Choose a name for the account

• Add password if you want to

• Apply and click OK.
    For more clarification you may refer to the article mentioned below.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

To know more about Windows 10 I would suggest you to refer the article
    Get Started with Windows 10. Hope this link will provide you more information
    about Windows 10.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows Virtual Desktop

1. Windows Virtual Desktop - Similar Threads - Virtual Desktop

2. Icons in taskbar went transparent after switching virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in taskbar went transparent after switching virtual desktops: Quite often after switching between virtual desktops some icons in taskbar become transparent. Reinstalling drivers, updating, restarting Explorer did not help....
  3. Icons in taskbar went transparent after switching virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons in taskbar went transparent after switching virtual desktops: Quite often after switching between virtual desktops some icons in taskbar become transparent. Reinstalling drivers, updating, restarting Explorer did not help....
  4. Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature: I would like to disable Task View on the Taskbar AND render the hotkey combinaiton unusable. I have tried several registry edits that hide task view, however, the keystroke combination Windows Key + Control +D continue to function. Also, if there is a way to uninstall...
  5. Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature

Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature: I would like to disable Task View on the Taskbar AND render the hotkey combinaiton unusable. I have tried several registry edits that hide task view, however, the keystroke combination Windows Key + Control +D continue to function. Also, if there is a way to uninstall...
  6. i'm unable to have different wallpapers on my virtual multi desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i'm unable to have different wallpapers on my virtual multi desktops: Hello i'm windows11 home user i'm unable to have different wallpapers on my virtual multidesktop the options are there but whenever I try to change the wallpaper got set on all the desktop....
  7. i'm unable to have different wallpapers on my virtual multi desktops

i'm unable to have different wallpapers on my virtual multi desktops: Hello i'm windows11 home user i'm unable to have different wallpapers on my virtual multidesktop the options are there but whenever I try to change the wallpaper got set on all the desktop....
  8. Can virtual Desktops in Windows 11 be used maliciously? Can I disable this feature?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can virtual Desktops in Windows 11 be used maliciously? Can I disable this feature?: Long story short, I’m worried about the security of it. If my computer was compromised, could a new virtual desktop on Windows 11 be opened and used in the background to run things and do anything on my PC without my knowledge as I use it? I would rather not run that risk of...
  9. Can virtual Desktops in Windows 11 be used maliciously? Can I disable this feature?

Can virtual Desktops in Windows 11 be used maliciously? Can I disable this feature?: Long story short, I’m worried about the security of it. If my computer was compromised, could a new virtual desktop on Windows 11 be opened and used in the background to run things and do anything on my PC without my knowledge as I use it? I would rather not run that risk of...
  10. Still cannot have different backgrounds for Virtual Desktops

Still cannot have different backgrounds for Virtual Desktops: I keep reading different posts about issues setting different backgrounds wallpapers for virtual desktops in Windows 11. Everyone keeps saying they can't do it and the response is always the same; "Here is how you do it".PLEASE. FOR THE LAST TIME. I know HOW you are SUPPOSE...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Desktop