Windows 10: Windows Virtual Machine Platform Not Working

Discus and support Windows Virtual Machine Platform Not Working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I know the titles vague buy in my BIOS everything is enabled, and up until the last update I had no issues. Now both Ububtu for windows and Docker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by thefootisontheothershoe, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Windows Virtual Machine Platform Not Working

I know the titles vague buy in my BIOS everything is enabled, and up until the last update I had no issues. Now both Ububtu for windows and Docker crash on start with an error about enabling virtualization in BIOS, which is done. Im not sure what readout would be helpful, thank you in advance.

:)

thefootisontheothershoe, Sep 13, 2021

2. [Windows Features] Virtual Machine Platform

In what case would I need to install the Virtual Machine Platform (found in - Turn Windows features on or off)? What is it good for?

artifact4727, Sep 13, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    BSOD when launching Virtual Machine

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand how difficult it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to, we will look into this for you. Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps:

• Which application are you using to create Virtual Machine?
    • Does the issue occur only when launching a Virtual Machine?
    • Have you reinstalled Windows on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you. Since the issue occurs when you launch Virtual Machine, I suggest you to try disabling the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and double click on it to open
      Properties.
    4. Select Disabled from the drop down for
      Startup and Stop the service.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 13, 2021
  4. Windows Virtual Machine Platform Not Working

Virtual Machine Platform in Windows 10 update 1809

Ya I am not sure what this guy is talking about.... Virtual Machine Platform is clearly in the Windows 10 Add or Remove Features section. I myself am very curious as to what it is. If anyone can give a real legitimate answer to this fake one that buddy provided
    that would be great!

Jesse Poland, Sep 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows Virtual Machine Platform Not Working

1. Windows Virtual Machine Platform Not Working - Similar Threads - Virtual Machine Platform

2. Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform: I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 10.0.19043.1826I was trying to install WSL2 but when I was trying to enable Virtual Machine Platform I got this error when restarting: "Failed to update services".I ran systeminfo.exe and checked to make sure virtualization is...
  3. Can't disable Virtual Machine Platform

Can't disable Virtual Machine Platform: Hi,in the window "Windows features" "Turn Windows features on or off" I can't uncheck the Virtual Machine Platform.If I do so it loads and then tells me to restart the PC. I click on restart and it restarts two times telling me "we couldn't complete the features undoing...
  4. Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays: Hello,I'm trying run WSL2 on my Win 11 22000.556 ThinkPad t440p and after thicking "Virtual Machine Platform" in "Turn Windows features on or off" I'm getting unwanted virtual displays I cannot access 3, 4, 5, 6 - https://i.imgur.com/hcb14DJ.png.I disabled them to stop moving...
  5. Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays

Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays: Hello,I'm trying run WSL2 on my Win 11 22000.556 ThinkPad t440p and after thicking "Virtual Machine Platform" in "Turn Windows features on or off" I'm getting unwanted virtual displays I cannot access 3, 4, 5, 6 - https://i.imgur.com/hcb14DJ.png.I disabled them to stop moving...
  6. Unable to Enable 'Virtual Machine Platform'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Enable 'Virtual Machine Platform': Hello, I need to use WSL2 on my Windows 10 system, HP pavilion CS1000-TX. Whenever I enable Virtual Machine Platform and go for a reboot, the reboot doesnt go through. I witness the HP logo and then a blank screen upon. The only solution I've found is to perform a power off....
  7. Windows Hypervisor Platform and Virtual Machine Platform

Windows Hypervisor Platform and Virtual Machine Platform: I have "ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DT” with “AMD Ryzen 5 3550H” with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2100 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 running on “Windows 10 Home 2004” I wanted to run AVD in Android Studio for that: I enabled “SVM” in BIOS BIOS...
  8. Unable to enable "Virtual Machine Platform"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to enable "Virtual Machine Platform": submitted by /u/CautiousCrazy6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvs9sn/unable_to_enable_virtual_machine_platform/
  9. Can't enable"Virtual Machine Platform"

Can't enable"Virtual Machine Platform": I'm running Windows 10 on ASUS FX705DY AU072T. Windows doesn't boot after enabling "Virtual Machine Platform" and just shows a black screen after showing the windows 10 logo during boot. I've tried it on updated version 1909 and also after updating to version 19041.264 I...
  10. [Windows Features] Virtual Machine Platform

in Windows 10 Customization
    [Windows Features] Virtual Machine Platform: In what case would I need to install the Virtual Machine Platform (found in - Turn Windows features on or off)? What is it good for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-features-virtual-machine-platform/9a31aa63-36bc-4e6c-a054-e8dc47af3c0e