Windows 10: Windows Vista dead computer to Windows 10 installation possibilites

Discus and support Windows Vista dead computer to Windows 10 installation possibilites in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had a Windows Vista 3-bit laptop with faster graphic card and unfortunately one day it did not open. Therefore, I purchased Windows 10 laptop with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ari94, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Ari94 Win User

Windows Vista dead computer to Windows 10 installation possibilites

I had a Windows Vista 3-bit laptop with faster graphic card and unfortunately one day it did not open. Therefore, I purchased Windows 10 laptop with slower graphic card.
    Question: Though Windows Vista computer can not be powered on, if hard disk is replaced with new one in that case is there any possibility to install Windows 10?

Please share your thoughts and enlighten me.
    Thank you in advance.

:)

Ari94, Feb 27, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Snipe343 Win User

Windows Vista SP1 Install Troubleshooting

Okay I got these from customer service from Microsoft, I'm going to post them here, so people don't need to go through that, or for those who can't.

I did all of these except the last one, I just reinstalled Vista because i was having another error, but the last one probably would have fix it

Good luck on fixing yours, if anyone is having trouble

(I don't think anyone has posted anything pertaining to this)
    1-----------------------------------------------------
    Things to Know Before You Download Windows Vista SP1

Things to Know Before You Download Windows Vista SP1

Installing SP1 requires a minimum of 5 GB free disk space on the Windows partition. The recommended free disk space is as follows:

• 7 GB Recommended for 32-bit Windows Vista

• 12 GB Recommended for 64-bit Windows Vista

If your original system is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) version preinstalled in the computer, I recommend contacting the computer manufacturer before installing Windows Vista SP1. Please ask them if any of the software applications and hardware drivers need to be updated for Vista SP1. Otherwise, installing Vista SP1 may cause unexpected problems.

The installation may take more than 45 minutes, depending on the system. The system will reboot several times during the installation. Please do not turn off the power manually. If we are using a laptop, please connect it to the AC Power Adapter.

After that, I recommend downloading Windows Vista Service Pack 1 in Normal Mode and installing it in Clean Boot Mode. Please follow the steps below.

Step 1: Download Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Standalone Installer

===================================================

1. Download Windows Vista SP1 from the link below according to your System Type:

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista 32-bit (Size: 434.5MB)

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...4c056d4c34d/Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave0.exe

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista 64-bit (Size: 726.5MB)

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...c1f58727b8b/Windows6.0-KB936330-X64-wave0.exe

2. Please save it on the Desktop.

Step 2: Install Windows Vista SP1 in Clean Boot mode

========================================

Please disable all startup items and third party services when booting to avoid conflict when installing Vista SP1:

1. Click "Start", type: MSCONFIG in the search box and press Enter.

Note: Please click "Continue" if the "User Account Control" window pops up.

2. Click "Services", check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3. Click "Startup", click "Disable All" and click "OK".

Note: Temporarily disabling the Startup Group only prevents the startup programs from loading at startup. This shouldn't affect the system or other programs. We can manually run these programs later.

4. Please double click the downloaded Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Standalone Installer and follow the instructions to install Windows Vista SP1.

To restore the computer to use a Normal Startup, repeat step 1 above. Then click "Normal Startup" on the General tab, click "OK", and then restart the computer.

2---------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1: Manually install and run CheckSUR

========================

1. Click "Start", click "All Programs", click "Accessories", right-click "Command Prompt", and then click "Run as administrator".

2. In the User Account Control dialog box, click "Continue".

3. Input the following commands in the DOS Prompt window and press ENTER at the end of each line:

REG ADD HKLM\COMPONENTS /V STORECORRUPTTIMESTAMP /T REG_SZ /D "0" /F

REG DELETE HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\CHECKSUR\

Note: You can copy the above commands, right click in the opened command window, and then choose Paste. Press ENTER and you will receive a message "The operation completed successfully". You may receive an error message indicating that the related registry key does not exist. Please continue to perform the remaining steps.

4. Please download and run CheckSUR tool from the link below according to your System Type:

CheckSUR tool for Windows Vista 32-bit

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...9327-1dba0b43ccd1/Windows6.0-KB947821-x86.msu

CheckSUR tool for Windows Vista 64-bit

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...aac7-2db2003972d5/Windows6.0-KB947821-x64.msu

5. Double click on the downloaded file to run the CheckSUR tool and restart the computer to check the results.

If we can install this hotfix, please continue to reinstall Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1).

If the error code persists, to resolve this issue, we need Windows Vista Installation Disk to repair Windows. Please be assured that this solution is the most efficient way to resolve this Windows Update issue.

3----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 2: In-Place Upgrade

================

Note: After performing In-Place Upgrade, your personal data and installed programs usually will not be removed but we may need to run Windows Update to install all the available updates for your system to update these system files to the current version. You can back up personal files in case of unexpected issue. This troubleshooting process is time consuming. Your patience is highly appreciated.

If you would like to perform the In-place Upgrade, let’s refer to the following steps.

1. Start the computer by using the current Operating System.

2. Insert the Windows Vista DVD in the computer's DVD drive.

3. Use one of the following procedures, as appropriate:

• If Windows automatically detects the DVD, the Install now screen appears. Click Install now.

• If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:

a. Click Start, click Run, type Drive:\setup.exe, and then click OK.

Note Drive is the drive letter of the computer's DVD drive.

b. Click Install now.

4. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen, click Upgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows Vista.

4---------------------------------------------------------------

1. Back up your personal files, format and reinstall

Snipe343, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Vista dead computer to Windows 10 installation possibilites - Similar Threads - Vista dead computer

2. Windows Vista installation failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Vista installation failed: I’m doing a windows 7 and Vista dual boot boot project on a Lenovo G575, but whenever I try installing vista it always does this error once it enters full screen “This computer does not have enough space for temporary files. Windows installation needs atleast 440 megabytes of...
  3. Windows Vista installation failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Vista installation failed: I’m doing a windows 7 and Vista dual boot boot project on a Lenovo G575, but whenever I try installing vista it always does this error once it enters full screen “This computer does not have enough space for temporary files. Windows installation needs atleast 440 megabytes of...
  4. Windows Vista Installation Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Vista Installation Problems: Hello everyone,I know Windows Vista ended support, but I am used to it.I bought a new PC with modern UEFI that supports CSM, the hard disk is SATA.When I tried to boot the installation, it just gave me a BSoD.What should I do, I really want this operating system on my PC to...
  5. Windows Vista Installation Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Vista Installation Problems: Hello everyone,I know Windows Vista ended support, but I am used to it.I bought a new PC with modern UEFI that supports CSM, the hard disk is SATA.When I tried to boot the installation, it just gave me a BSoD.What should I do, I really want this operating system on my PC to...
  6. Windows Vista Hard Drive in Windows 10 Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Vista Hard Drive in Windows 10 Computer: I have set up a new windows 10 computer and everything is operating fine. I have two hard drives from my old Windows Vista Computer and I have installed them into the Windows 10 computer. I want to pull old files and pictures from the old hard drives. They don't show up...
  7. Can't install windows 10 Home on Vista

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install windows 10 Home on Vista: Hi. I bought new version of windows 10 home from Microsoft. It arrived as a usb stick. It will not install. It states that it can't install on current operating system.Vista. It says it can be booted from installation media. I do not know how to do this. I will admit to not...
  8. Installing Windows 10 from a dead computer to an older, live computer

Installing Windows 10 from a dead computer to an older, live computer: My Dell T7500 Precision Workstation would not boot and the IT guys said it was a motherboard problem and not worth saving, so we recycled it. However, I kept the hard drive and thought I would install Windows 10 from the T7500 into and even older Dell Precision 670. But...
  9. vista to new computer windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    vista to new computer windows 10: Hi I have transferred all my files from my external hard drive from my old vista to windows 10 but cant open or view. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vista-to-new-computer-windows-10/c976e16a-45ff-4af0-b6c4-fd0d5b0fe1f6"
  10. Windows 10 failed computer dead

Windows 10 failed computer dead: windows update failed. I’ve tried to go back to previous version it ask me for password then say its incorrect ive tried the pin and the password to microsoft account and still get incorrect password. This means i cant get to the command prompt to try any of the fixes, is...