Windows 10: Windows Vista Hard Drive in Windows 10 Computer

Discus and support Windows Vista Hard Drive in Windows 10 Computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have set up a new windows 10 computer and everything is operating fine. I have two hard drives from my old Windows Vista Computer and I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DJMuirChloe, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Windows Vista Hard Drive in Windows 10 Computer

I have set up a new windows 10 computer and everything is operating fine.

I have two hard drives from my old Windows Vista Computer and I have installed them into the Windows 10 computer.

I want to pull old files and pictures from the old hard drives.

They don't show up under a drive in Windows Explorer. How do I make them visable?

:)

DJMuirChloe, Jan 5, 2021

2. How to Partiton a Hard Drive in Vista

This is a way to get Vista to see another hard drive that is not associated with the OS. There is some times when your new hdd doesn't seem to want to work well with Vista. But, there is a solution in it.

Open the Computer Management By doing these steps.
    • Click on the Start Button
    • Click on Control Panel
    • Click Administrative Tools
    • Double click on Computer Management
    You are now in the Navigation panel of the Computer Management.
    When in Computer Management, you then have to allow the new drive to be recognized.
    • Double click on Storage
    • Double click on Disk Management
    Now in the middle of your screen there is the layout of the Disk Drives that you have. The drives that are partitioned will show by the drive lettering. The others will just show up as having nothing at all in them. Below that there will be the Disk drives that are installed into the computer. You'll see that the primary one will all ways read as "Disk 0". Then you will have Disk 1 and so on. Under the Disks there will also see your CD-Rom drives.. If there is more then one, it will be labeled the same as Disk drives..

On to the Partitioning of the drive in question.
    • Right Click on the drive
    • Click to format the drive or Enable Volume. There will be a series of windows that open up. This is Vista's formatting. Just go threw the windows, and make sure everything is the way you want it to happen.
    • Once the formatting is done, will take some time depending on the drive size.
    • Right click on the drive
    • Click on Mark the Partition as Active
    After you have done those steps, The drive will be up and running threw Vista.

:Side Notes:
    If you are not the Administer to the Os, then you will have to enable it..
    You may also want to redo the drive lettering of it all. But, I really don't see a reason to do so. If you do, you have to redo drive paths and so forth.. A lot of work on something so small...

Cold Storm, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 5, 2021
  4. $immond$ Win User

Windows Vista Hard Drive in Windows 10 Computer

Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows Vista Hard Drive in Windows 10 Computer

1. Windows Vista Hard Drive in Windows 10 Computer - Similar Threads - Vista Hard Drive

2. Hard drive change in Vista laptop will not activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive change in Vista laptop will not activate: I have an Acer laptop with legally installed Vista Home Premium Sticker on the bottom of laptop. Cloned hard drive to larger hard drive. Now Windows will not activate. There is no activate by phone option. It is replaced by contact manufacturer. Acer will not help. Laptop...
  3. Hard drive change in Vista laptop will not activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive change in Vista laptop will not activate: I have an Acer laptop with legally installed Vista Home Premium Sticker on the bottom of laptop. Cloned hard drive to larger hard drive. Now Windows will not activate. There is no activate by phone option. It is replaced by contact manufacturer. Acer will not help. Laptop...
  4. Vista to windows 10

Vista to windows 10: Hello, I know this topic has been visited here before and I've read them but not sure if the 2 upgrades I've made make a difference, so here goes. I have a IPIBL-LB Benicia motherboard HP Pavilion a6400 PC it's all stock except i exchanged the CPU with an Intel Core 2 Quad...
  5. Vista to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vista to Windows 10: I have a computer with Windows Vista Enterprise, with a valid product key. I had some problems and got an error message saying I had to reinstall Windows. I don't have the installation disc. I contacted Microsoft to ask for help. They told me to make a bootable drive from...
  6. Vista to Windows 10

Vista to Windows 10: I have a computer with Windows Vista Enterprise, with a valid product key. I had some problems and got an error message saying I had to reinstall Windows. I don't have the installation disc. I contacted Microsoft to ask for help. They told me to make a bootable drive from...
  7. Accessing Vista Hard drive from Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing Vista Hard drive from Windows 10 Laptop: I am trying to recover music and photos from an old Vista hard drive using my Windows 10 laptop. I have a Sata to USB cable that seems to be working tested with a newer hard drive. However when I plug in the old Vista hard drive I can see no way to access the contents via...
  8. vista to new computer windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    vista to new computer windows 10: Hi I have transferred all my files from my external hard drive from my old vista to windows 10 but cant open or view. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vista-to-new-computer-windows-10/c976e16a-45ff-4af0-b6c4-fd0d5b0fe1f6"
  9. Vista to Window 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Vista to Window 10: I have got a senior center that has 10 pc's that are licensed with Vista and now I want to install/upgrade to Windows 10, how much I would I have to pay for license? Also can I upgrade to Windows 10 from Vista, or should I be doing a clean install? JohnRoss7...
  10. Vista to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Vista to Windows 10: How do I do a clean install from Vista Home Premium to Windows 10? What drivers or programs will need to be loaded after the install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/vista-to-windows-10/86a6f3aa-d214-4825-93db-b4a1ae513702