Windows 10: Windows Vista not booting into recovery mode when I press F11?

Discus and support Windows Vista not booting into recovery mode when I press F11? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have recently found an old computer in my closet and cannot remember the administrator password for the life of me. I am trying to totally clear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chica Rumble, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Windows Vista not booting into recovery mode when I press F11?

I have recently found an old computer in my closet and cannot remember the administrator password for the life of me. I am trying to totally clear everything and start anew but I cannot seem to gain access to recovery mode. I have pressed F11 repeatedly upon start up but to no avail I still have not seen a recovery screen. How may I reset my computer?I have an SD card adapter but no USB. The old computer does however have a port for my SD. Is it possible to download the necessary files to create a personal backup with the said SD?Otherwise how might I access recovery mode or admin access?

:)

Chica Rumble, Oct 9, 2021

2. Windows Vista not booting into recovery mode when I press F11?

It is a USB keyboard..

That would explain why F11 wouldn't boot recovery settings. It will still boot the F8 terminal however.

Would I absolutely need a serial keyboard or is there another way?

MorganStiles, Oct 9, 2021
  3. Windows Vista not booting into recovery mode when I press F11?

I have recently found an old computer in my closet and cannot remember the administrator password for the life of me. I am trying to totally clear everything and start anew but I cannot seem to gain access to recovery mode. I have pressed F11 repeatedly
    upon start up but to no avail I still have not seen a recovery screen.

How may I reset my computer?

I have an SD card adapter but no USB. The old computer does however have a port for my SD. Is it possible to download the necessary files to create a personal backup with the said SD?

Otherwise how might I access recovery mode or admin access?

Much thanks,

Morgan.

MorganStiles, Oct 9, 2021
  4. Windows Vista not booting into recovery mode when I press F11?

Windows Vista not booting into recovery mode when I press F11?

HP is set up to press F11 repeatedly upon start up. Is the keyboard USB or serial? Some older computers need serial keyboard since they do not work with USB to get into factory reset.

TomJeson64, Oct 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows Vista not booting into recovery mode when I press F11?

1. Windows Vista not booting into recovery mode when I press F11? - Similar Threads - Vista booting recovery

2. Windows will not boot when I reinstall & won’t boot into recovery when pressing F1.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will not boot when I reinstall & won’t boot into recovery when pressing F1.: Title says it all. I’ve reinstalled window with MCT and try to boot windows and keep getting this error even after formatting the drive. I’ve tried to load into recovery environment but get taken back onto this screen....
  3. Windows will not boot when I reinstall & won’t boot into recovery when pressing F1.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows will not boot when I reinstall & won’t boot into recovery when pressing F1.: Title says it all. I’ve reinstalled window with MCT and try to boot windows and keep getting this error even after formatting the drive. I’ve tried to load into recovery environment but get taken back onto this screen....
  4. Windows will not boot when I reinstall & won’t boot into recovery when pressing F1.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I pressed F11 5 times...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I pressed F11 5 times...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Daniel_Maisuradze [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/u52x7x/i_pressed_f11_5_times/
  6. Windows Vista not booting into recovery mode when I press F11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Vista not booting into recovery mode when I press F11?: I have recently found an old computer in my closet and cannot remember the administrator password for the life of me. I am trying to totally clear everything and start anew but I cannot seem to gain access to recovery mode. I have pressed F11 repeatedly upon start up but to...
  7. Prepairing automatic repair and it's running all over time when I press F11 for recovery...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Prepairing automatic repair and it's running all over time when I press F11 for recovery...: "Preparing Automatic Repair" Screen Boot Problem So, i recently downloaded windows 10 and upgraded to it with a boot disc on my desktop. My computer was functioning as normal until i restarted it, and this problem happened. Whenever i boot up my computer, it goes to a...
  8. My F11 goes to a boot menu instead of recovery.

My F11 goes to a boot menu instead of recovery.: Is there another way to get to the recovery mode? Whenever I do F11 it goes to boot mode because that's what my MSI motherboard was designed to do. By the ways I can't get past the startup screen, so I would need to get to recovery mode somehow through only the keyboard and...
  9. Fullscreen not working when pressing f11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fullscreen not working when pressing f11: Hello there, I'm experiencing a problem on my new laptop that when I press f11 on google, the fullscreen shortcut won't work and instead, it uses page up pgup. I can't find anywhere on the settings where to enable/disable the hotkey. Any ideas?...
  10. There are no buttons when booting in recovery mode.

There are no buttons when booting in recovery mode.: Hello! Please help me to solve my problem. When booting up the system I press "F8" and get into recovery mode, but there are no buttons except two, but they have no texts and images. The first causes a reboot, and the second goes further, but there is only one button without...