Windows 10: Windows Vista Upgrade

Discus and support Windows Vista Upgrade in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an older desktop that came with Windows Vista. For the past few days, the computer turns on but Windows does not start. I have tried turning it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mimosa Fairbairn, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Windows Vista Upgrade

I have an older desktop that came with Windows Vista. For the past few days, the computer turns on but Windows does not start. I have tried turning it on several times. Usually I get the "Windows Error Recovery" screen and then after a few seconds, the screen goes dark. Once I got the blue screen PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA also. My Question is, can I fix my my computer by upgrading to a Windows 7 or later?Thank you.

:)

Mimosa Fairbairn, Nov 6, 2021

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 6, 2021
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Windows Vista Prices Revealed

Microsoft has accidentally leaked some details of the price of its next-generation operating system. U.S. full/upgrade prices:
    • Windows Vista Ultimate $349/$199
    • Windows Vista Business $269/179
    • Windows Vista Home Premium $239/$139
    • Windows Vista Home Basic $199/$99
    Source: ZDNet

malware, Nov 6, 2021
  4. Windows Vista Upgrade

Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Nov 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows Vista Upgrade

1. Windows Vista Upgrade - Similar Threads - Vista Upgrade

2. lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when HDD replaced.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when HDD replaced.: Hi,I have an older dell, still an OK PC. I lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when I had to replace the hard drive, is there a way of getting a new key free or do i have to buy a Key?...
  3. lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when HDD replaced.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when HDD replaced.: Hi,I have an older dell, still an OK PC. I lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when I had to replace the hard drive, is there a way of getting a new key free or do i have to buy a Key?...
  4. lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when HDD replaced.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have a TravelMate 6292 computer with a windows Vista. Can I update or upgrade it or is it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a TravelMate 6292 computer with a windows Vista. Can I update or upgrade it or is it...: I have a TravelMate 6292 computer with a windows Vista. Can I update or upgrade it or is it totally useless? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-travelmate-6292-computer-with-a-windows/9c077a83-b90e-4099-aa29-e346052e9cbe
  6. I have a TravelMate 6292 computer with a windows Vista. Can I update or upgrade it or is it...

I have a TravelMate 6292 computer with a windows Vista. Can I update or upgrade it or is it...: I have a TravelMate 6292 computer with a windows Vista. Can I update or upgrade it or is it totally useless? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-travelmate-6292-computer-with-a-windows/9c077a83-b90e-4099-aa29-e346052e9cbe
  7. Dell Inspiron 1440 Operating System-Windows Vista & Upgrading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron 1440 Operating System-Windows Vista & Upgrading: Hello,I have a dell inspiron 1440 that I’ve had for over 13 years. I can still use the internet but chrome needs to be updated as the page doesn’t work as intended. I think it has something to do with the operating system. I have windows vista and was wondering if I were to...
  8. Dell Inspiron 1440 Operating System-Windows Vista & Upgrading

Dell Inspiron 1440 Operating System-Windows Vista & Upgrading: Hello,I have a dell inspiron 1440 that I’ve had for over 13 years. I can still use the internet but chrome needs to be updated as the page doesn’t work as intended. I think it has something to do with the operating system. I have windows vista and was wondering if I were to...
  9. Can't uninstall VMware Tools after upgrading to Windows Vista

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall VMware Tools after upgrading to Windows Vista: So I upgraded to Windows Vista from Windows XP with VMware Tools for Windows XP installed, but now I can't uninstall it. The reason I want uninstall it and not just update VMware Tools, because if I try that, it says, "Setup requires Windows 7 SP1" or something along the...
  10. Can't uninstall VMware Tools after upgrading to Windows Vista

Can't uninstall VMware Tools after upgrading to Windows Vista: So I upgraded to Windows Vista from Windows XP with VMware Tools for Windows XP installed, but now I can't uninstall it. The reason I want uninstall it and not just update VMware Tools, because if I try that, it says, "Setup requires Windows 7 SP1" or something along the...