Windows 10: Windows Voice Recorder - app doesn't not open

Discus and support Windows Voice Recorder - app doesn't not open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Windows Voice Recorder suddenly stopped working yesterday. The app now won't open. This app comes with the Windows operating system and cannot be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kinney Poynter, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Windows Voice Recorder - app doesn't not open

My Windows Voice Recorder suddenly stopped working yesterday. The app now won't open. This app comes with the Windows operating system and cannot be uninstalled and then reinstalled. Any ideas on how to fix this? Anyone else experiencing this problem?

:)

Kinney Poynter, Oct 1, 2018

2. Microsoft Voice Recorder Windows 10 will not open

Hi,

Thank you for posting back.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the app and check if the issue persists. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key
      and type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell
      and select Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder * | remove-appxpackage

4. Re-install the Windows Voice Recorder app from Windows Store

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Oct 1, 2018
  3. blpen Win User
    Microsoft Voice Recorder Windows 10 will not open

For some reason Microsoft Voice Recorder decided it will not open. The icon is still on the start menu, but nothing happens.

I looked to see if I can uninstall and reinstall but it is not listed with the apps.

Any suggestions?

Windows 10 Home edition, HP Desktop Computer

Thanks for the help.

blpen, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Windows Voice Recorder - app doesn't not open

Voice Recorder

Hello Linda,

Issues with Windows 10 apps can usually be fixed by running the troubleshooter for Windows apps. To do that, you may refer to the link below:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

If the problem persists, you may try to reinstall Voice Recorder by doing the following:

• Type in Powershell in the search field and hit Enter.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Click on Yes.
    • In the PowerShell box, type in or copy and paste Get-AppxPackage *soundrecorder* | Remove-AppxPackage, and press Enter.
    • Once Voice Recorder is uninstalled, open the Store app, download, and install Voice Recorder.

Also, we suggest that you refer to the troubleshooting steps for fixing Cortana and Start menu on the link below:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Windows Voice Recorder - app doesn't not open

1. Windows Voice Recorder - app doesn't not open - Similar Threads - Voice Recorder app

2. Voice Recording app not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Voice Recording app not working: Hi! I tried using my voice recording app today and to my surprise I was greeted with the message: "microphone not connected" in bright red letters. I have played around with the settings, troubleshooted, and I am at a loss of why suddenly the app isn't working. It was...
  3. Windows Voice Recorder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Voice Recorder: On my previous AIO desktop computer I used the Windows 10 voice recorder to record our veterans' group virtual meetings and used these recordings to create meeting minutes. I was able to hear all parties participating in these meetings and found the voice recorder feature to...
  4. Windows Voice Recorder.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Voice Recorder.: My Windows 10 Home was upgraded free from Windows 7 Home. The Windows Voice Recorder is NOT installed at default. I was using a 3rd Party sound recorder for the purpose, untill i found out that Microsoft itself has a Windows Voice Recorder, i logged into Microsoft store...
  5. Voice Recorder App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice Recorder App: I conducted an interview with Microsoft Teams and recorded the audio with the voice recorder app. I am unfamiliar with how the Teams recording function worked and figured the voice recorder work would still work. It did not. It captured my voice but not my interviewees'. Is...
  6. Voice Recording

Voice Recording: I have been recording meetings with Voice Recorder, am now trying to listen to these recordings but unable to hear any sound. I can hear prior recordings. I played around and figured that the microphone input made the difference. Is there anyway to retrieve the sound in...
  7. Voice Recorder App not working

Voice Recorder App not working: I can't get my Voice Recorder app to launch on Windows 10. My PC recognizes my mike, and I have downloaded the Voice recorder App, but the app refuses to move from the title page, which is simply the icon of the mike. When I hit Control R to record, nothing happens. I wonder...
  8. Voice rEcorder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Voice rEcorder: Hi. Every so often, we’re given online training to do through the federal government website at work. These trainings are essentially interactive PowerPoint presentations, which have audio recordings giving the “lecture” part of the training. While I’m able to use the Snip...
  9. Application (Voice Recorder) Opens then Closes??!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application (Voice Recorder) Opens then Closes??!: I am so baffled that every application seems to open normally but Voice Recorder. When I click on it from the task bar or from a desktop icon, it will pop up for a few seconds then seemingly close. I've used it quite frequently in the past and I'm not sure why it's now not...
  10. Voice Recorder Failing to Open

Voice Recorder Failing to Open: I have been having a problem with my voice recorder. I will click on the icon to open the application. For a split second it acts as if will open but it crashes and closes immediately without opening completely. I have already tried resetting the app but that did nothing....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. voice recorder will not open

2. voice recorder not opening

3. voice recorder app wont open

4. voice recorder will not launch,
  5. voice recorder keeps crashing,
  6. voice recorder wont open,
  7. voice recorder not launching,
  8. this app cant open voice recorder,
  9. voice rercorder app will not open windows 10,
  10. windows voice recorder wont open,
  11. windows voice recorder wont launch,
  12. windows voice recorder will not open,
  13. voice recorder app launches for 2 seconds then crashes,
  14. my voice recorder doesnt stay open and cannot use,
  15. application (voice recorder) opens then closes??!