Windows 10: Windows Voice Recorder Crashes Immediately After Opening

Discus and support Windows Voice Recorder Crashes Immediately After Opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I click the voice recorder app it shows the loading screen and then immediately crashes. I don't even get to the actual app before it crashes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DanielleTaylor1, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Windows Voice Recorder Crashes Immediately After Opening

When I click the voice recorder app it shows the loading screen and then immediately crashes. I don't even get to the actual app before it crashes. I've troubleshooted and nothing came up as a problem. I reset the app and it didn't work. I'm fully updated on this PC. It was working fine yesterday and every day before that. I cleared all of the recordings out of the sound recordings file in case one became corrupted and that didn't help either.

What are my other options?

Thanks.

:)

DanielleTaylor1, Sep 30, 2018
  2. blpen Win User

Microsoft Voice Recorder Windows 10 will not open

For some reason Microsoft Voice Recorder decided it will not open. The icon is still on the start menu, but nothing happens.

I looked to see if I can uninstall and reinstall but it is not listed with the apps.

Any suggestions?

Windows 10 Home edition, HP Desktop Computer

Thanks for the help.

blpen, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Microsoft Voice Recorder Windows 10 will not open

Hi,

Thank you for posting back.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the app and check if the issue persists. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key
      and type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell
      and select Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder * | remove-appxpackage

4. Re-install the Windows Voice Recorder app from Windows Store

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Windows Voice Recorder Crashes Immediately After Opening

Windows 10 voice recorder

Same here. Reinstalled the voice recorder app because of this problem but still it opens and crashes immediately. I just see a white empty window, not any warning or any text.

Please help.

Bahri Yücel Erdoğan, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows Voice Recorder Crashes Immediately After Opening

1. Windows Voice Recorder Crashes Immediately After Opening - Similar Threads - Voice Recorder Crashes

2. Voice Recorder Crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Voice Recorder Crashing: Hi community,Good Afternoon!The operating system details are as follows :Microsoft Windows 10 EducationVersion 22H2 OS Build 19045.2846Every time I launch Voice Recorder it opens and then crashes immediatelyThe Event viewer log shows the following: Faulting application name:...
  3. Voice Recorder Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice Recorder Crashing: Hi community,Good Afternoon!The operating system details are as follows :Microsoft Windows 10 EducationVersion 22H2 OS Build 19045.2846Every time I launch Voice Recorder it opens and then crashes immediatelyThe Event viewer log shows the following: Faulting application name:...
  4. Voice Recorder Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows voice recorder crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows voice recorder crashes: I used Windows Voice recorder without any problems. But after the update to Windows 11 it crashes as soon as I hit record button. I tried the solution I'd found on the internet. I uninstalled Voice Recorder, then took ownership of WindowsApps folder and deleted all the...
  6. Windows voice recorder crashes

Windows voice recorder crashes: I used Windows Voice recorder without any problems. But after the update to Windows 11 it crashes as soon as I hit record button. I tried the solution I'd found on the internet. I uninstalled Voice Recorder, then took ownership of WindowsApps folder and deleted all the...
  7. Voice Recorder crashes

Voice Recorder crashes: Went to Microsoft Store, searched for for Voice Recorder, found Windows Voice Recorder download and installed it to my PC. Now when I launch it disappears after about 5 seconds. What could be the causing Voice Recorder to crash? My PC is an HP Elitebook 8440P running...
  8. Voice Recorder Crashes

Voice Recorder Crashes: I have been using Windows Voice Recorder for sometime . i liked it because it`s easy to run and the recordings have a clear sound. I have become familiar with how to save the files, transfer them and rename the files. I have the Voice Recorder working on my cell phone and on...
  9. Windows 10 Voice Recorder Crashing

Windows 10 Voice Recorder Crashing: When I launch Voice Recorder the application begins to open and ithen mmediately crashes. I followed the tips from prior, related posts (e.g. update all drivers, run PowerShell command to uninstall and re-download/install from Windows Store). No luck. I checked the Event...
  10. Windows Voice Recorder Crash After Rename of a File or Editing a Recording

Windows Voice Recorder Crash After Rename of a File or Editing a Recording: I have tried the following troubleshooting steps: Windows App Troubleshooter Reset The App Uninstall/Reinstall the Windows Voice Recorder App I am still experiencing the same deficit. When I attempt to rename a file or edit an audio track the voice recorder crashes....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. voice recorder crashes windows 10

2. voice recorder windows 10 crash

3. windows 10 voice recorder crashes immediately

4. voice recorder app crashes,
  5. voice recorder keeps closing,
  6. windows 10 voice recorder closes,
  7. windows voice recorder closes,
  8. voice recording app windows crashes,
  9. voice recorder windows closes immediately,
  10. voice recorder on windows shutting off,
  11. voice recorder keeps crashing,