Windows 10: Windows volume & brightness overlay slider missing

Discus and support Windows volume & brightness overlay slider missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot see the volume slider overlay and brightness slider overlay on top left of screen when i press the designated buttons on my laptop keyboard.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Arafath164, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Windows volume & brightness overlay slider missing

I cannot see the volume slider overlay and brightness slider overlay on top left of screen when i press the designated buttons on my laptop keyboard.

Brightness and volume actions work but cannot see the overlay for some reason. even tried recent update of windows and restarting the services and even disabling the device in device manager.

Any help will be appreciated

thank you

:)

Arafath164, Apr 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Screen brightness - Please bring the slider back

Hello Microsoft,

Please bring back the brightness slider and the volume sliders from the charms menu (slide from right). These were the features which were hugely useful and they are missing now. The stepped brightness setting is OK. But, we need the slider.

PareshBhagwatkar, Apr 12, 2020
  3. zHeathy Win User
    Windows 10 Volume popup - Disable?

Hi, thanks for the reply. I don't mind which one is removed; the Dell volume overlay is more intrusive though, so we'll go with that one. Out of interest though, is it possible to disable the Windows 10 volume overlay? Before reinstalling Windows 10, after
    an error led me to format the HDD's, only the windows 10 overlay would show, regardless of me using the function key or slider in the taskbar. I've just tried it in the volume settings and only the Dell volume overlay shows up, not the Windows 10 overlay.
    Also, similar has occurred with the brightness overlay, where the function key also brings up both overlays, however, using the brightness slider in settings cause no overlays to appear unlike the volume. Very strange indeed and I'm not sure why it's changed,
    thanks for the help!

zHeathy, Apr 12, 2020
  4. rlee123 Win User

Windows volume & brightness overlay slider missing

Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options

My HP laptop performed a Windows Update today. As a result, I've lost my "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider in Power Options. I can still find it in Settings - Display.

I have Win 10. I've found a YouTube video (specifically for Win 7) that suggests going to Device Manager - Monitors - Properties - Uninstall Device, but I've also read that doing so will merely result in the same driver being reinstalled.

What should I do to get the "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider back in Power Options?

Thanks so much for your help.

rlee123, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows volume & brightness overlay slider missing

1. Windows volume & brightness overlay slider missing - Similar Threads - volume brightness overlay

2. MISSING BRIGHTNESS SLIDER!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MISSING BRIGHTNESS SLIDER!!!!: Hello,I am going to use the text of another person as it describes exactly what my problem is for my pc on windows 11.On march 3/3/2022 seallen wrote:"I'd really like help, because none of the solutions I've found online that supposedly fix the issue work for me. Before...
  3. MISSING BRIGHTNESS SLIDER!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MISSING BRIGHTNESS SLIDER!!!!: Hello,I am going to use the text of another person as it describes exactly what my problem is for my pc on windows 11.On march 3/3/2022 seallen wrote:"I'd really like help, because none of the solutions I've found online that supposedly fix the issue work for me. Before...
  4. Brightness slider missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness slider missing in Windows 10: I have already gone to Microsoft help and followed all the instructions for finding the brightness slider change windows 10 display brightness site:microsoft.com - Search bing.com. I have also gone through display settings and there is no brightness adjustment other than...
  5. Missing brightness slider Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing brightness slider Windows 11: Hello, I am going to use the text of another person as it describes exactly what my problem is for me laptop Dell Inspiron 3505.On march 3/3/2022 seallen wrote: "I'd really like help, because none of the solutions I've found online that supposedly fix the issue work for me....
  6. Brightness Icon/ slider missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness Icon/ slider missing: Hello, After the update, brightness slider is missing from taskbar and from display settings. I tried disabling/enabling, installing/uninstalling by going to Devices>Monitor, it shows Generic PnP monitor and driver provider is microsoft. I have absolutely zero clue how to fix...
  7. Brightness slider bar missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness slider bar missing: I've searched for answers to this problem, and they all say to update the driver. I've done that, and it's still missing. My sister's computer is also recently missing her slider bar for display brightness. Definitely seems to be tied to an update. It's starting to kill my...
  8. Brightness slider missing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness slider missing.: I am using Windows 10 and my brightness slider suddenly disappeared. Also I can not adjust the display brightness from anywhere else not even the brightness function keys. I checked the Monitors and display adapters drivers and they are up to date. Any help? Thanks!...
  9. Brightness Slider Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness Slider Missing: [IMG] Brightness slider disappeared windows 10 Home,1909 I did Graphic Drivers Updated went to action center used function keyUp, Down and display off but my problem not fix yet, everywhere I found how to fix this... Please Help Me!!!...
  10. Brightness slider missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness slider missing: Got a new laptop only 5 days ago and windows auto-updated and now I can’t turn up the brightness past 25%. The keys won’t work and the slider is missing. Any fixes I’ve found from Microsoft won’t work, what the hell is going on? How do I fix this? Edit: it won’t detect the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BRIGHTNESS ADJUSTMENT ON KEYBOARD WITHOUT A FN KEY