Windows 10: Windows Volume goes down when Spotify is switch off

Discus and support Windows Volume goes down when Spotify is switch off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Team, While playing music Spotify even when I am not logged into Spotify, its effecting my Windows Volume What I mean is, when Spotify is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pradeep Nair India, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Windows Volume goes down when Spotify is switch off

Hello Team,

While playing music Spotify even when I am not logged into Spotify, its effecting my Windows Volume

What I mean is, when Spotify is not running vs when Spotify is running, the sound coming out of my laptop is are different, even though I am not changing the volume.

When Spotify is running even if I am not logged in, and its just the application is active the volume is higher, then when spotify is closed or minimized.

Regards,

Pradeep

:)

Pradeep Nair India, Jun 20, 2020
  2. ChanceH Win User

Why isn't Spotify showing up in the volume-mixer?

Here's an interesting issue. The audio coming from Spotify desktop no longer appears in the system volume mixer (the program entirely, not just audio activity), and seems to be entirely bypassing EqualizerAPO. This observed behavior seems to imply that Spotify's audio is not going through the "system effect infrastructure". Aside from the troubleshooting that I have tried below, does anyone have any suggestions as to why a particular program (in this case, Spotify) would not list itself in the volume mixer and how to remedy the issue?

Further details/Troubleshooting:

• Spotify is affected by the main volume control.
    • Spotify appears to be the only program that isn't appearing as expected in the volume mixer.
    • If all playback devices are disabled, Spotify still plays.
    • I have reinstalled Spotify several times, alternating between installing from the store and installing through the SpotifySetup.exe
    • I have reinstalled my audio driver several times (this actually started after I reinstalled my audio driver because my mic was marked as "currently unavailable" but all it took to fix that is to swap back and forth the default recording device.
    • sfc /scannow doesn't find any issues, this is a fairly new installation to begin with of Windows 10.

Link to image showing Spotify not appearing in volume mixer despite playing

Edit: I reinstalled Windows because that seems to fix everything. And it seems to have solved the issue described above. I will leave the question open in case someone knows what would cause a program to exhibit such behavior.

ChanceH, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Variation in Volume while playing music in Spotify

Hi Macab,

There are several application that control its own volume. In order to have a default variation of volume while playing music or watching videos, you may follow these steps:

1. On the search bar, type sound and press Enter.
    2. Double-click on your playback device and select Advanced.
    3. Un-check Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.
    4. Select Apply and click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Justine Pel, Jun 20, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Windows Volume goes down when Spotify is switch off

Volume goes to zero and mute.

Hi William,

If the volume of your computer automatically mutes, it could be that the audio drivers are corrupted or damaged, or that there are software conflicts occurring within the system. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the audio troubleshooter
    and lets Windows find and automatically resolve problems with your audio. Here's how to run the audio troubleshooter:

• Select the Start button, then type troubleshoot, and select
      Troubleshoot from the list of results. From there, select
      Playing Audio
      > Run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter does not help resolve the problem with your volume settings, we suggest that you check Device Manager and update your sound card drivers. Updating would replace any corrupted or damaged components of the audio driver. Here's how to
    update your audio drivers through Device Manager:

• Open the Start button, then type device manager, and select
      Device Manager from the search results.
    • Under Sound, video and game controllers, right-click your sound card driver, then select
      Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically search for updated driver software.
    If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you may look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions on how to install their driver.

If the above steps doesn't resolve the problem, feel free to post back to us.

David Haz, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows Volume goes down when Spotify is switch off

1. Windows Volume goes down when Spotify is switch off - Similar Threads - Volume goes down

2. Volume goes down by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume goes down by itself: The volume on my pc isn't working when I playing game. It starts going down . My speakers are on 100%. I have run troubleshooting but nothing is coming up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-goes-down-by-itself/47581b96-55a1-4cbe-8dcc-a6b7c000d669
  3. Volume goes down by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume goes down by itself: The volume on my pc isn't working when I playing game. It starts going down . My speakers are on 100%. I have run troubleshooting but nothing is coming up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-goes-down-by-itself/47581b96-55a1-4cbe-8dcc-a6b7c000d669
  4. Volume goes up and down by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume goes up and down by itself.: I wonder if anyone has found a solution to windows automatically changing volume, especially if using web apps i.e. Edge/Chrome/TikTok etc. I'm using windows 11 home edition, fully updated with Windows Update. The sound changing is infuriating and according to web forums only...
  5. Audio Goes Up and Down When Volume Is Low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Goes Up and Down When Volume Is Low: My audio volume is on 32 and when I'm playing an audio, if the audio volume is too low, it goes quiet. It's very annoying when I'm listening to songs, the experience will not be very nice since the volume kept going up and down constantly until you have your volume on 50-60+....
  6. Audio Goes Up and Down When Volume Is Low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Goes Up and Down When Volume Is Low: My audio volume is on 32 and when I'm playing an audio, if the audio volume is too low, it goes quiet. It's very annoying when I'm listening to songs, the experience will not be very nice since the volume kept going up and down constantly until you have your volume on 50-60+....
  7. Audio Goes Up and Down When Volume Is Low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows 10 volume goes down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 volume goes down: Hello,I need help when I listen to music in youtube and open another youtube tab with song one of tab is automatically suprassing sound, can someone tell me how can I fix it?...
  9. Volume goes up & down by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume goes up & down by itself: The volume on my pc isn't working when I take part in a zoom meeting or playing back a recording zoom/youtube/webinar. It starts out ok then dips down to almost nothing, then goes up again for a few seconds before going down again. My speakers are on 100%. I have run...
  10. Volume goes down automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume goes down automatically: I’ve faced an issue with sound. When I try to increase it by the button on the sound slide, the volume goes down automatically. I tried to troubleshoot it and reset my Windows, then re-installed audio driver. And it really helped but after the Windows update the issue showed...