Windows 10: Windows volume mixer doesn't remember application/games volume after the app or PC has been...

Discus and support Windows volume mixer doesn't remember application/games volume after the app or PC has been... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Pretty much what the title says. Volume mixer only remembers the volume of certain apps like firefox and discord, but does not remember volume of Games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/graftin123, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Windows volume mixer doesn't remember application/games volume after the app or PC has been...

Pretty much what the title says. Volume mixer only remembers the volume of certain apps like firefox and discord, but does not remember volume of Games (call of duty, dark souls, etc.)

Anyone knows why this happens or how to fix it? Or maybe if there is another program i can download to help me with that?

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/graftin123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/graftin123, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

How can i get the volume mixer sound for a particular game if it's muted from volume mixer

Hello,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would like to inform you if a game is permanently muted in volume mixer, then you won’t be getting sound for that particular game. The applications which are having sound option might be listed in the volume mixer if you find those applications in
    the volume mixer separately, then you can adjust the volume of those applications separately.

Hope this helps.

Arul_D, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Tjeros Win User
    Volume Mixer not showing muted app

I do not have an audio problem in the context of "Audio is not playing". The problem is in the fact that Volume Mixer will not show a muted app. This issue has been around since Windows 7.

If you mute an application, it will not show up in Volume Mixer next time you start it. Is there any way I could find the settings for muted applications and change those to 'unmuted'?

Tjeros, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Tjeros Win User

Windows volume mixer doesn't remember application/games volume after the app or PC has been...

Volume Mixer not showing muted app

Hello!

On my PC I've got a game called Banished that I muted once from the Volume Mixer, because I wanted to listen non in-game music instead.
    So now, when I want to re-enable it - I can't. Why? Because Banished does not show up in the Volume Mixer, meaning I cannot unmute it.

I have tried the fixes described in this post - Applications missing from Volume Mixer to no avail.

This is what it looks like:

Windows volume mixer doesn't remember application/games volume after the app or PC has been... [​IMG]

So, how would I go about solving this problem? Thanks in advance for your help! Windows volume mixer doesn't remember application/games volume after the app or PC has been... :)

Tjeros, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows volume mixer doesn't remember application/games volume after the app or PC has been...

1. Windows volume mixer doesn't remember application/games volume after the app or PC has been... - Similar Threads - volume mixer doesn't

2. Applications/Games missing from Volume Mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications/Games missing from Volume Mixer: Suddenly, for no apparent reason no new software, drivers or Windows updates installed certain games and apps have vanished from the Volume Mixer when app/game is running. The only ones that remain are System and Opera browser. Discord, Spotify, and all game apps do not...
  3. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume mixer not remembering volumes: Once a sepcific volume has been set for an application, it usually remains until the next time its been touched again. However here, everytime I change the volume and restart the application, it just falls back in line with the system volume. I am unaware of this happening...
  4. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume mixer not remembering volumes: Once a sepcific volume has been set for an application, it usually remains until the next time its been touched again. However here, everytime I change the volume and restart the application, it just falls back in line with the system volume. I am unaware of this happening...
  5. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. No applications in volume mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No applications in volume mixer: Before this incident, I was watching tutorials on how to fix AMD Software not running. One of the fixes somehow broke my audio and now I don't have any solutions. Reinstalling windows is my last resort, can I ask for help?...
  7. No applications in volume mixer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No applications in volume mixer: Before this incident, I was watching tutorials on how to fix AMD Software not running. One of the fixes somehow broke my audio and now I don't have any solutions. Reinstalling windows is my last resort, can I ask for help?...
  8. No applications in volume mixer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Build 1909 not remembering volume levels in the Volume Mixer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Build 1909 not remembering volume levels in the Volume Mixer: I recently updated from 1803 to 1909 and I've noticed that the Volume Mixer does not store volume levels for any apps and instead just resets them to 100% if they are restarted. This was not an issue I experienced with 1803, I've already tried seeing if it was just an issue...
  10. Default app volume in Volume mixer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default app volume in Volume mixer.: By default, Groove music is too loud, so I turn to the Volume mixer and set its volume to 1%. But when I close Groove window and launch it again, it again becomes 100% in the Volume mixer, so I need to change it every time. Can I solve this problem?...