Windows 10: Windows VPN - Can connect and ping VPN server but cannot ping any other devices on remote LAN

Discus and support Windows VPN - Can connect and ping VPN server but cannot ping any other devices on remote LAN in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've set up a VPN in Windows exploiting the "Incoming connection" feature and a DDNS service no-ip.com.Follows my configuration:- Remote LAN vpn server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Enrico Zaninelli, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Windows VPN - Can connect and ping VPN server but cannot ping any other devices on remote LAN

I've set up a VPN in Windows exploiting the "Incoming connection" feature and a DDNS service no-ip.com.Follows my configuration:- Remote LAN vpn server LAN:192.168.1.0/24 router IP 192.168.1.1VPN server pc static 192.168.1.50PPP interface 192.168.10.1- VPN connection settings on server static ip pool to be assigned to vpn clients: 192.168.10.1 - 192.168.10.10 outside from remote LAN as Microsoft says- My local LAN clients LAN192.168.1.0/24 same as remote LANrouter IP 192.168.1.2PPP interface 192.168.10.2 correctly received from server- VPN connection settings on client"Use defaul

:)

Enrico Zaninelli, Nov 2, 2022
  2. bro67 Win User

Cannot ping server name when connected to other VPN

It is most likely that the VPN server is blocking Ping requests or the Gateway is. Usually VPN's will not respond to a Ping, since you are encapsulating traffic inside packets that appear to the Gateway as transparent. Depending on what VPN Server software you are using or if using the Gateway to be the VPN server, along with what you are using for the connection.

We do not want the devices behind the wall to respond to pings from a computer outside of the LAN that is connecting via a VPN connection. We want to define in the VPN software what devices or shares that only the outside user is only allowed to be given access to. If we do want a Ping to go through the VPN, we allow ICMP requests, which is not needed, unless you have a remote server using that IP ping as a way to give a Heartbeat keep alive or for WOL to make sure that the device we wish to wake up is actually still on the network with the Static IP assigned.

Now if you are using RDP, VNC or Teamviewer, you really are not using a VPN. You are just making a remote connection.

VPN types
    Remote Access VPN.Site – to – Site VPN.
    Internet Protocol Security or IPSec:
    Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP):
    Point – to – Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP):
    Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS):
    OpenVPN:
    Secure Shell (SSH):

bro67, Nov 2, 2022
  3. entrack Win User
    Cannot ping server name when connected to other VPN

I am using a VPN created in Win 10 Settings> Network and Internet > VPN

entrack, Nov 2, 2022
  4. ryley2637 Win User

Windows VPN - Can connect and ping VPN server but cannot ping any other devices on remote LAN

Can't Ping VPN Server or Access Shares While Using VPN

I've been dealing with this issue for hours now and have tried everything I can think of. I have a Windows 10 Home PC that I have an incoming VPN connection on. I can connect to it, but if the firewall is enabled, I can't ping it or access the shares. If I turn the firewall off I CAN ping and access shares. It was working fine yesterday and I don't remember doing anything to cause this. I've tracked it down to being something with my Public networks. When I disable the firewall on public networks (the VPN adapter) I can ping, but once I enable that it stops pinging. I've tried everything listed below but still can't get it to work:

• Checked port 1723 is open
    • Allowed EVERYTHING with a firewall rule, through it
    • Checked multiple devices on another Wi-Fi network and 3G with a phone
    • Restarted PC; other devices and router
    • I can ping every other device on my network besides the one creating the VPN (which is the one I need)
    • and so many other steps.
    • Made sure file and printer sharing were enabled in network and sharing center

Is there some other rule that got removed from the firewall I need to re-add? Any help or tips would be appreciated!

ryley2637, Nov 2, 2022
Thema:

Windows VPN - Can connect and ping VPN server but cannot ping any other devices on remote LAN

1. Windows VPN - Can connect and ping VPN server but cannot ping any other devices on remote LAN - Similar Threads - VPN connect ping

2. Windows VPN - Can connect and ping VPN server but cannot ping any other devices on remote LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows VPN - Can connect and ping VPN server but cannot ping any other devices on remote LAN: I've set up a VPN in Windows exploiting the "Incoming connection" feature and a DDNS service no-ip.com.Follows my configuration:- Remote LAN vpn server LAN:192.168.1.0/24 router IP 192.168.1.1VPN server pc static 192.168.1.50PPP interface 192.168.10.1- VPN connection settings...
  3. Windows VPN - Can connect and ping VPN server but cannot ping any other devices on remote LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows VPN - Can connect and ping VPN server but cannot ping any other devices on remote LAN: I've set up a VPN in Windows exploiting the "Incoming connection" feature and a DDNS service no-ip.com.Follows my configuration:- Remote LAN vpn server LAN:192.168.1.0/24 router IP 192.168.1.1VPN server pc static 192.168.1.50PPP interface 192.168.10.1- VPN connection settings...
  4. Not able to ping win 10 after successful VPN connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to ping win 10 after successful VPN connection: Hi, I connect to my network through SSL VPN and can access differenr windows server, windows 10 except 1 windows 10 machine. Firewall is disable on the 3 profiles.What can be the root problem or which setting should be checked? When I am on my LAN I can ping it, can RDPit,...
  5. VPN Connected but Remote Server Not Connected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPN Connected but Remote Server Not Connected: elloI Purchase HP Laptop Spectre Windows 10 Home editionNow My PC Configuration VPN in My Machine, Also Update Group Policy Configuration Then I want to connect remote server in my office PC then Getting ErrorPlease Check it and give me feed back ThanksAlpesh Patel...
  6. VPN there is ping but no data

VPN there is ping but no data: When this happens I just restart the router and it works again. But i want to find a more stable solution for this Instead of restarting the router https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpn-there-is-ping-but-no-data/0068a27e-987b-487f-b526-ade5fce19c3b
  7. Pinging Yourself When On VPN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinging Yourself When On VPN: If you ping your own machine name when on a VPN would you expect it to return the IP address of your NIC or the IP address from your VPN? I've run into an issue where this behaviour appears to have changed in Windows 10, I've not yet narrowed down which version. This is...
  8. Cannot access Express VPN or any other VPN websites.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot access Express VPN or any other VPN websites.: Hello, Im off on me hols soon and i need to set up my VPN access. I normally use express vpn but for some reason I can't connect to their website. I've disabled my antivirus, checked my firewalls status, rebooted the laptop several times but still can't connect. Any...
  9. Can't Ping VPN Server or Access Shares While Using VPN

Can't Ping VPN Server or Access Shares While Using VPN: I've been dealing with this issue for hours now and have tried everything I can think of. I have a Windows 10 Home PC that I have an incoming VPN connection on. I can connect to it, but if the firewall is enabled, I can't ping it or access the shares. If I turn the firewall...
  10. Cannot ping server name when connected to other VPN

Cannot ping server name when connected to other VPN: I have a local server where the Server name is setup with the server IP address. I can ping the server name or the IP address from my Win/10 PC. I also connect to several other companies using a VPN connection. When I am connected to one of the VPNs, I can no longer ping...