Windows 10: Windows VPN client and Folder Redirection

Discus and support Windows VPN client and Folder Redirection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to set up a VPN connection on a user account which has its folders redirected to the domain fileserver. When not connected to the domain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Christopher Battista -, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Windows VPN client and Folder Redirection

I am trying to set up a VPN connection on a user account which has its folders redirected to the domain fileserver. When not connected to the domain network, I am unable to save the VPN settings using the built-in client. I enter in the settings, but when I click 'Save' it just greys out the 'Save' button and stays on that same screen. When I connect using the third-party VPN client, I am then able to set up the VPN using the built-in client, but the connection profile disappears when the third-party VPN client is disconnected. Therefore, I cannot use the built-in client to connect to the VPN to get the settings to connect to the VPN.

Am I correct in thinking that Windows saves user VPN profiles in AppData\Roaming? Is there a way to save VPN connections to AppData\Local or another location? Why is there no error message when attempting to save the VPN settings, it just hangs with 'Cancel' being the only option?

:)

Christopher Battista -, Oct 13, 2020
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Oct 13, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Windows VPN client and Folder Redirection :D

P4-630, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Marksdale Win User

Windows VPN client and Folder Redirection

Per App VPN Clients

Hi,

I am keen to use the per app VPN functionality with Windows 10 on our Lumia phones. However, as we have Cisco ASA firewalls our VPN client is AnyConnect and this doesn't support the functionality.

Is there any Microsoft documentation that lists what VPN clients/firewall the per app VPN is supported on?

Does anyone have experience of using the per app VPN? with what client? thoughts?

Many thanks

Mark.

Marksdale, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows VPN client and Folder Redirection

1. Windows VPN client and Folder Redirection - Similar Threads - VPN client Folder

2. Checkpoint vpn client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checkpoint vpn client: Hi, so I have an issue regarding checkpoint vpn client, the client was deployed to our pc's "preconfigured" after a reboot the pc's are stuck in a boot loop "infinity circle" tried a number of things on some pcs it works the others not. we followed the following -Open a...
  3. Checkpoint vpn client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checkpoint vpn client: Hi, so I have an issue regarding checkpoint vpn client, the client was deployed to our pc's "preconfigured" after a reboot the pc's are stuck in a boot loop "infinity circle" tried a number of things on some pcs it works the others not. we followed the following -Open a...
  4. Checkpoint vpn client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Azure VPN Client

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Azure VPN Client: Please can someone provide an install package for the Azure VPN Client as we are unable to install from the Microsoft store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/azure-vpn-client/a5909ba1-fba3-48e8-812e-d37cd72d12fe
  6. VPN CLIENT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN CLIENT: Since i install WINDOWS 10 20H2 my VPN CLIENT avaya is working bad. It was working OK on WINDOWS 10 1909. I can open my connexion but after fee seconds i receive a message "VPN tunnel is disconnected de to physical link lost". Can you help please ?...
  7. Unified VPN Client for Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unified VPN Client for Windows: Hello, I'm using Linux as my main OS but sometimes it's annoying to fix errors or similar due to Software incompatibility or just due to plain unavailability. (like Google Drive Clients) With the advent of WSL 2 I can use the best of both worlds but one thing that still...
  8. Folder Redirection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder Redirection: I created a folder on Windows 10 and on my Server 2016 I created a GPO that will direct Desktop of the users on the domain to the folder I created on Windows 10. Because I applied wrong the GPO I tried to delete it and unchecked the share box on the folder I created under...
  9. Folder Redirection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Folder Redirection: Dear Support I applied Folder Redirection and it works fine But when the user delete the file from the client machine, it also deleted from the server I need to keep all the delete file on the server even if the user deleted from the client machine Waiting for your...
  10. Redirect Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Redirect Folders: I'd like to redirect the Downloads folder to a different disk (D drive). What's the best method? a. Right click Downloads folder -> Location -> change path b. or, use mklink? Thanks! 21618