Windows 10: Windows VPN Won't Accept Any Username or Password

Discus and support Windows VPN Won't Accept Any Username or Password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use Windows 10's default VPN for tethering reasons and because, in the past, it was really simple to setup. I've had the same VPN saved on my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BoulderPie, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Windows VPN Won't Accept Any Username or Password

I use Windows 10's default VPN for tethering reasons and because, in the past, it was really simple to setup. I've had the same VPN saved on my laptop for months and previously was able to simply click it on when I needed to and it worked great. This isn't the case anymore. Now when I go to tell it to "connect" it'll go through its connecting phase fine enough but then have a pop-up telling me to verify my sign-in information with a username and password. This is baffling since I have no idea what it wants me to put in those boxes on account of having those boxes blank (as they are optional) during setup.

Even when I do try to put something (or nothing in some cases as I tried leaving them blank) it doesn't work. I've went through every combination I could possibly think of to no avail.

So recently I said to heck with it and removed the long-standing VPN I originally made so I could setup a new one with the same information. At the stage where it asks you to provide an optional username and password I, instead of leaving them blank like last time, wrote an easy-to-remember combo. I go to "connect" after setup and BAM, same thing. I enter the username and password I know to be correct but it still doesn't accept it. I try other combinations again but still nothing. Not sure what to do anymore. Would really appreciate some help on this!

:)

BoulderPie, Mar 24, 2021
  2. Doug399 Win User

After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Mar 24, 2021
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Mar 24, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows VPN Won't Accept Any Username or Password

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Windows VPN Won't Accept Any Username or Password :D

P4-630, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows VPN Won't Accept Any Username or Password

1. Windows VPN Won't Accept Any Username or Password - Similar Threads - VPN Won't Accept

2. Why won't Windows Security reauthentication prompt accept my windows username and password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Windows Security reauthentication prompt accept my windows username and password...: This is a re-authentication Windows Security prompt for login info to view my passwords in my chrome password manager but it does not accept my normal login information which I've confirmed many times. I've restarted the computer and reinstalled chrome several times and...
  3. Why won't Windows Security reauthentication prompt accept my windows username and password...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't Windows Security reauthentication prompt accept my windows username and password...: This is a re-authentication Windows Security prompt for login info to view my passwords in my chrome password manager but it does not accept my normal login information which I've confirmed many times. I've restarted the computer and reinstalled chrome several times and...
  4. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't accept password: My laptop encountered an error and I've been in a bit of a loop with the recovery part e.i. restarting and ending up with the error and then being told automatic repair can't fix the issue. Every attempt I've made to use things like command prompt and stuff like the reset...
  5. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't accept password: My laptop encountered an error and I've been in a bit of a loop with the recovery part e.i. restarting and ending up with the error and then being told automatic repair can't fix the issue. Every attempt I've made to use things like command prompt and stuff like the reset...
  6. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Laptop won't accept password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop won't accept password: I have a laptop that won't accept my microsoft.com password. When I type in my password I get the message "That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset".I am using the...
  8. Windows VPN Won't Accept Any Username or Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows VPN Won't Accept Any Username or Password: I use Windows 10's default VPN for tethering reasons and because, in the past, it was really simple to setup. I've had the same VPN saved on my laptop for months and previously was able to simply click it on when I needed to and it worked great. This isn't the case anymore....
  9. Factory reset hp stream now won't accept username or password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Factory reset hp stream now won't accept username or password.: I reset my hp stream 14-cb013wm back to windows 10 S. When I go to login it asks for "other account" username email and password. I tried several times plugging in my email and password I had on here to no avail. Also can't get it to connect to internet only airplane mode...
  10. Why won't facebook accept any of my passwords?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why won't facebook accept any of my passwords?: Facebook problems... it won't accept my passwords and keeps asking for new ones which don't work when I get them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why-wont-facebook-accept-any-of-my-passwords/611db86f-a518-47f0-aad3-94cd887bc850