Windows 10: Windows Vulnerable Ports Exposed

Discus and support Windows Vulnerable Ports Exposed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello there, I recently conducted a few vulnerability tests regarding my windows 10 computer and noticed that there were a few open ports. Those... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ProChess, Apr 9, 2021.

1. ProChess Win User

Windows Vulnerable Ports Exposed

Hello there,

I recently conducted a few vulnerability tests regarding my windows 10 computer and noticed that there were a few open ports. Those ports are as follows,

PortService
    135/tcpmsrpc
    139/tcpnetbios-ssn
    445/tcpmicrosoft-ds
    5357/tcpwsdapi

I got the above results by conducting a nmap scan.

As far as I know, port 135 and port 139 pertaining to NetBios are vulnerable. And port 445 which is for Windows File Sharing is vulnerable as well.

Hence my concern is that, is there a way to close these open ports and please let me know why these ports were opened is it due to malware

A quick response is highly appreciated in this regard.

Thanks and regards

:)

ProChess, Apr 9, 2021
  2. Yukikaze Win User

WPA2 Vulnerability Found

A small update with regards to the Microsoft fix. The fix itself is sufficient to solve the issue on Windows, even if your WiFi device has no driver update, with one caveat:

Does this security update fully address these vulnerabilities on Microsoft Platforms, or do I need to perform any additional steps to be fully protected?
    The provided security updates address the reported vulnerabilities; however, when affected Windows based systems enter a connected standby mode in low power situations, the vulnerable functionality may be offloaded to installed Wi-Fi hardware. To fully address potential vulnerabilities, you are also encouraged to contact your Wi-Fi hardware vendor to obtain updated device drivers. For a listing of affected vendors with links to their documentation, review the ICASI Multi-Vendor Vulnerability Disclosure statement here: http://www.icasi.org/wi-fi-protected-access-wpa-vulnerabilities

Source: Security Update Guide - Microsoft Security Response Center

Yukikaze, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Windows 10 lost COM ports

Hi John,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the missing ports on your Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we’d like to know the following information:

• What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Which devices are using the COM port on your computer?

Additionally, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to perform the
    Advanced startup options (including safe mode).
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps and complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if you’re able to install the port on your PC properly.

We’re looking forward to your response.

Joseph Ban, Apr 9, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Does NVIDIA Display Driver Service Make Your System Vulnerable?

So let me get this straight. For someone to exploit this vulnerability the following must be true:

• The attacker mush know the username and password of an active local user account on the machine.
    • The firewall has to allow traffic in through whatever port the service is listening on.
    You'd have to have a pretty shitty security setup already for this vulnerability to really affect you.

newtekie1, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Vulnerable Ports Exposed - Similar Threads - Vulnerable Ports Exposed

2. Passkey vulnerability?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Passkey vulnerability?: Isn't it a significant issue with using passkeys that anyone who can break into your device can essentially circumvent the protection offered by using the passkey? On my Windows desktop, for example, breaking in would only require knowing my Windows login PIN code.Isn't this...
  3. ports vulnerable but no updates for them in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ports vulnerable but no updates for them in Windows 10: I got a ransomware in-and outbound directions from port 445 and port 139. In spite of the ports are closed, l am still getting attacks from them. I tried download the proper updates to fix it, but they are all for earlier Windows edition, none for windows 10. FIX IT PLEASE on...
  4. Windows vulnerabilities - unbelievable!!!

Windows vulnerabilities - unbelievable!!!: Today I just looked once more at the current state of known Win vulnerabilities, their potential impacts and prices in the Darknet see attachment: just a small excerpt. I do this every now and then. And no: I don't exploit them!Like always: embarassing, frightening, very...
  5. Commercial and Personal information exposed and changed.

Commercial and Personal information exposed and changed.: I would like to advise the costumers that this image software is very vulnerable. All my information was changed easily, I refer about all accounts in all ambitus, nothing about protection from FIREWALL works. I would like to have your opinion too, because every time I have...
  6. Unobtrusive Start & Exposed Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unobtrusive Start & Exposed Apps: Tiles are unnecessary and find/accessing things can be easier & nice than via Start. Here is what Start can be... small & minimalistic while nothing is sacrificed. And a file explorer window with ALL applications Store, default, User installed easily visible, easy to find &...
  7. VISUAL STUDIO COMMUNITY 2019 EXPOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VISUAL STUDIO COMMUNITY 2019 EXPOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!: ITS PAID NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-studio-community-2019-exposed/3c21af45-0ddf-4dd9-a190-952b84eb7290
  8. Vulnerability?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Vulnerability?: Windows 10. Files can be accessed without the user password from Troubleshoot>System Image Recovery>select a system image>Advanced >install a driver and it loads up the Local storage where files can be copied to external storage....
  9. Windows Defender Vulnerable

Windows Defender Vulnerable: Windows Defender Antivirus Still Vulnerable to Attacks Despite Patches Researcher finds RCE flaws in Windows Defender Jun 15, 2017 09:38 GMT · By Bogdan Popa · Share: Microsoft rolled out several patches for Windows Defender in order to address vulnerabilities...
  10. Malwarebytes Vulnerability

Malwarebytes Vulnerability: A security vulnerability has been discovered and patched in the Malwarebytes antivirus for Windows, as COSIG (Centre Opérationnel de Sécurité Informatique Gouvernemental) is reporting. The discovery was made by Francis Provencher, a member of the COSIG research & pentesting...