Windows 10: Windows wake up screen asking to create sign-in password in which i did not set any

Discus and support Windows wake up screen asking to create sign-in password in which i did not set any in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a windows local account that has no password. I did this by not typing any characters and proceeding to continue. it worked a day ago because I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jigknot, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Jigknot Win User

Windows wake up screen asking to create sign-in password in which i did not set any

I have a windows local account that has no password. I did this by not typing any characters and proceeding to continue. it worked a day ago because I was having a worse case back then turned out I was using a Microsoft account that really require signing in everytime. see my topic here:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-windows-lockscreen-password-sign-in/b0a81358-12ac-45e6-b848-4c24ebde6b26?tm=1586661838001&page=3

i also tried to bypass creating a new password by typing none but I failed see photos

I also ticked the box no requiring to sign in at netplwiz and it was automatically set to never at sign in options, but now the netplwiz tick box is missing again and the sign in options have been greyed out again.

I have already check the gpedit about the characters that set to zeros' and disabled some and it was indeed zeros and disabled. but what I'm curious about is why are the policies not working despite of the setting? I alsodeleted the EAS exchange activesync security settings by editing the registry.

I'm having doubts about the EAS because deleting it restores back the next day i open up my laptop and probably connecting it into the internet. when i thought the problem was solved, i immediately set my password to none which byassed the minimum standards of a password but it was of course detected that i should make a password in which i ignored.

I'm going to repeat that this is a family laptop and I want the convenience for all who use our laptop. I don't want any passwords to make just like the old times because we never let our laptop go anywhere but to our house.

please see attached pictures for references

hoping someone who would help me out. thank you very much!Windows wake up screen asking to create sign-in password in which i did not set any [​IMG]

Windows wake up screen asking to create sign-in password in which i did not set any [​IMG]Windows wake up screen asking to create sign-in password in which i did not set any [​IMG]Windows wake up screen asking to create sign-in password in which i did not set any [​IMG]Windows wake up screen asking to create sign-in password in which i did not set any [​IMG]

Windows wake up screen asking to create sign-in password in which i did not set any [​IMG]Windows wake up screen asking to create sign-in password in which i did not set any [​IMG]Windows wake up screen asking to create sign-in password in which i did not set any [​IMG]

:)

Jigknot, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Barabba Win User

No Sign-in screen after wake-up (st-by)

Thank you for your kind reply, yes I tried all..
    well the problem may be that I don't have any chances to set the sign in as visible in the method 1, it ask me to create a password for my account to see other possible settings. Should I really? In all other windows if I set a password it will ask me always to insert it, I don't know about Win10
    I attach the screenshots:

Windows wake up screen asking to create sign-in password in which i did not set any [​IMG]

Windows wake up screen asking to create sign-in password in which i did not set any [​IMG]

Barabba, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Disable sign-in screen on wake-up without EVER having to type a password in the life of the computer

I am using local account. I'm not asking to not have a password, already done that. I want the sign in screen to go away. So when I wake up the computer, currently, I have to click sign in to get to the desktop. I want to go straight to the desktop, no
    sign in button or screen or anything. Step 1 click button to wake up, Step 2 watch desktop come on the screen, thats it. Windows settings has that options, IF I choose a password. I would like instructions on how to change the registry to disable the log in
    screen that comes up after you wake the computer from sleep or hibernation, or any easier way that leaves me without a password or having to choose a password, ever.

None_None_None_you_aint_geting_a_name_MS_F_U, Apr 11, 2020
  4. zalman Win User

Windows wake up screen asking to create sign-in password in which i did not set any

Automating Password sign in

Using the "Netplwiz" in the Run box, I was able to automate the sign in password upon initially booting up my machine. When I first start up my machine, it immediately goes to my desktop without asking for the password. So far, so good.

But when I put the computer to sleep and later wake it up, it asks for the password and won't return to the screen I left unless I put it in. Any suggestions?

zalman, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows wake up screen asking to create sign-in password in which i did not set any - Similar Threads - wake screen asking

2. Why any keyboard interaction doesn't wake login screen to ask for password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why any keyboard interaction doesn't wake login screen to ask for password?: What is so secrecy about not telling user how to get to password with just keyboard?Even using mouse click to register my presence doesn't wake password prompt into action. I see I have to click and drag the mouse up or down to start.This is so annoying. If there are...
  3. Why any keyboard interaction doesn't wake login screen to ask for password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why any keyboard interaction doesn't wake login screen to ask for password?: What is so secrecy about not telling user how to get to password with just keyboard?Even using mouse click to register my presence doesn't wake password prompt into action. I see I have to click and drag the mouse up or down to start.This is so annoying. If there are...
  4. Why any keyboard interaction doesn't wake login screen to ask for password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can not sign in on windows 11. computer asking for pin I did not set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not sign in on windows 11. computer asking for pin I did not set up: cant sign in due to pin request. no pin was set up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-sign-in-on-windows-11-computer-asking-for/8da2aa14-25c2-494c-b2f9-b98bc1c0749f
  6. can not sign in on windows 11. computer asking for pin I did not set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not sign in on windows 11. computer asking for pin I did not set up: cant sign in due to pin request. no pin was set up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-sign-in-on-windows-11-computer-asking-for/8da2aa14-25c2-494c-b2f9-b98bc1c0749f
  7. **Windows asking for password after waking up from sleep**

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    **Windows asking for password after waking up from sleep**: Hello Microsoft Team,I am having some kind of issue related to passwords. My Computer does not ask for password when I turn it on. But after waking it from sleep it ask's for password, I want to disable that password after waking it from sleep. How can I do that?...
  8. Asking for Standard User Account password which I did not set any to it!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Asking for Standard User Account password which I did not set any to it!: Hi: Anytime I try to open UACUser Account Control oe other features to make changes a dialog box displays message asking me for a password for the user which I has set as a standard user type and did not set a password for it. I have tried and logged in with my Microsoft...
  9. Windows 10 asking for admin password which i never set , I only created windows admin user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 asking for admin password which i never set , I only created windows admin user: Hello Forum, I created a microsoft based user other than my usual standard user and made it administrator on my Win10 laptop, post that i restarted my system. No password was created for this new admin user, but now during login screen if i select the new admin user it asks...
  10. Windows 10 not asking for password when waking up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 not asking for password when waking up: Dell XPS 8700 desktop, came with 8.1 Home, upgraded to 10 Home, then fresh installed 10 Home. Settings through the Settings menu and through Control Panel both set to ask for password when waking up, but it doesn't. It does on boot, but not on wakeup. Latest bios, A11,...