Windows 10: Windows wakes up unwantedly

Discus and support Windows wakes up unwantedly in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having the issue of my computer unwantedly waking up from sleep mode. It occurs very often right after putting it to sleep (I usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SDV_, May 2, 2019.

1. SDV_ Win User

Windows wakes up unwantedly

Hello,

I've been having the issue of my computer unwantedly waking up from sleep mode. It occurs very often right after putting it to sleep (I usually have to put it asleep again once or twice more before it doesn't wake up again) or when I get up from the chair at my desk abruptly without even touching any hardware attached to the computer.

This has occured both before and after upgrading my computer while only keeping the following parts: SSD with Windows, HDD, CD drive, video card, and of course external stuff like keyboard and mouse.

This is what I always find in the Windows Event Viewer (Windows Logs -> System) when that happens, but that hasn't helped me solve the problem:

Windows wakes up unwantedly 59df63a4-8496-4048-9329-9964e1e3d95a?upload=true.png

I've already checked the device manager, but there is no power management tab for any of the PCI Express Root Port entries. I've tried alternative command line solutions I've come across while googling, but so far nothing has worked.

I hope someone here can help!

:)

SDV_, May 2, 2019

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 2, 2019
  3. Will not wake from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to open the power troubleshooter

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type control and press enter to open control panel.

3. Type troubleshooting in the control panel search box.

4. On the left side, click on "troubleshooting".

5. Click "view all" on the left pane.

6. Run the power troubleshooter.

To make sure your devices are set to wake the computer up, I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• 1. Press Windows key + R

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. Expand keyboard, it will display your keyboard, right click and go to properties.

4. Select Power management.

5. Check Allow this device to wake the computer.
    Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 2, 2019
  4. Windows wakes up unwantedly

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows wakes up unwantedly

1. Windows wakes up unwantedly - Similar Threads - wakes unwantedly

2. No Matter What, I can't stop the sign-in demand when windows 11 FAMILLY wake up from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Matter What, I can't stop the sign-in demand when windows 11 FAMILLY wake up from...: I'm desperate with this,My mother is a senior and have trouble with her machine, I need to make the experience as smooth as possible and this lock screen that I can't refrain no matter what on windows 11 FAMILLY is killing me, i hate Apple for locking their user experience...
  3. No Matter What, I can't stop the sign-in demand when windows 11 FAMILLY wake up from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Matter What, I can't stop the sign-in demand when windows 11 FAMILLY wake up from...: I'm desperate with this,My mother is a senior and have trouble with her machine, I need to make the experience as smooth as possible and this lock screen that I can't refrain no matter what on windows 11 FAMILLY is killing me, i hate Apple for locking their user experience...
  4. how do i disable laptop lid to wake up laptop?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how do i disable laptop lid to wake up laptop?: how do i disable laptop lid to wake up laptop? having issues with laptop waking up even when lid is closed. i have a suspicion that the lid sensor is the problem. i would prefer for the laptop only to wake up from either keyboard or power button.i have tried some of the...
  5. Windows 10 - unable to hibernate + unwanted wake up issues

Windows 10 - unable to hibernate + unwanted wake up issues: Dear Community Gurus, Happy New Year, hope everyone is staying healthy. Could you please advise with my hibernation issues on Win 10 Pro? We've been unable to tackle this w/ Lenovo support in the last 2 weeks. Situation: - Brand new Lenovo Legion 5. - I added an extra...
  6. Windows 10 hibernate + unwanted wake up issues [Lenovo Legion 5]

Windows 10 hibernate + unwanted wake up issues [Lenovo Legion 5]: Dear Community Gurus, Happy New Year, hope everyone is staying healthy. Could you please advise with my hibernation issues on Win 10 Pro? We've been unable to tackle this w/ Lenovo support in the last 2 weeks. Situation: - Brand new Lenovo Legion 5. - I added an extra...
  7. Wake from sleep - unwanted ethernet, versus mouse?

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake from sleep - unwanted ethernet, versus mouse?: About a week ago I started noticing that my PC, which normally goes to sleep at the three-hour mark of inactivity, would be awake when I returned from work, or to a lesser extent, in the morning. Using the event viewer, I found that the source of these unwanted wakes -...
  8. KB4532693 since 12 February wakes up my laptop unwanted

KB4532693 since 12 February wakes up my laptop unwanted: Since the installation of Windows 10 patch KB4532693 my laptop is waking up in the night. I have the same symptom with this patch, as I had it two weeks before:...
  9. Unwanted wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unwanted wake up from sleep: Hi, When putting the PC to sleep, it wakes up on its own after some time (don’t know exactly, roughly after 1-2h). Setup: Win 10 Pro, ASRock Z270M-ITX/ac board, i7-7700k Already run the following commands: powercfg –lastwake --> shows the same result every time (no...
  10. Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes?: Setting up a Win 10 PC for shares, videos, which will be used lightly. I would like to have it sleep, and not have to do a separate operation to wake it with a magic packet before accessing. Is this possible? Any suggestions appreciated. 37517