Windows 10: Windows wants a partition formatted as NTFS

Discus and support Windows wants a partition formatted as NTFS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I currently only have a MAC so after building my new computer I made a USB to install Windows 10 Home. Everything was going fine until I received an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Braeden Kostreb, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Windows wants a partition formatted as NTFS

I currently only have a MAC so after building my new computer I made a USB to install Windows 10 Home.
    Everything was going fine until I received an error which brought me back to the start.
    Once I got back to the page where you select where to install windows, 3 partitions had been made all of them not available to install windows.

I have included a picture of the error message I first received along with the message I get on Drive 0 Partition 1.

I'm not sure if I messed something up with the USB or if there is an easy fix but any help would be greatly appreciated.
    ThanksWindows wants a partition formatted as NTFS :)
    Windows wants a partition formatted as NTFS [​IMG]

Windows wants a partition formatted as NTFS [​IMG]

:)

Braeden Kostreb, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows wants a partition formatted as NTFS

1. Windows wants a partition formatted as NTFS - Similar Threads - wants partition formatted

2. Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS: I have a Lacie d2 Professional external drive. I want to backup Windows-based files from my HP laptop. However, I previous backed up files from my Mac, not knowing that formatted the external drive for Mac only. I want to re-format the drive to Microsoft NTFS, and not use it...
  3. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS [Fix]: [IMG]If you receive Windows cannot be installed to this disk, Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS while installing Windows 11/10, then this post will help you. This error means your HDD or SSD is not properly formatted with the required file system...
  4. NTFS FORMAT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NTFS FORMAT: Hello.I have two san disk usb sticks.One is extreme x64 3.0 purchase year 2009 and ultra de luxe 256 GB2020.For my ultra the default format was exfat but i changed it to NTFS.For older model i don't remember if i change it but is also in NTFS nowsan disk told me that the...
  5. NTFS FORMAT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NTFS FORMAT: Hello.I have two san disk usb sticks.One is extreme x64 3.0 purchase year 2009 and ultra de luxe 256 GB2020.For my ultra the default format was exfat but i changed it to NTFS.For older model i don't remember if i change it but is also in NTFS nowsan disk told me that the...
  6. raw and ntfs partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    raw and ntfs partition: Had a disk partition that turned raw. Already read all the posts on converting raw partitions to ntfs partitions without formatting disk.Convert d: /fs:ntfs doesn't work returning message "d: is already ntfs". If I open disk management the partition d: is marked as raw, btw....
  7. I accidentally format the EFI partition and change it to NTFS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I accidentally format the EFI partition and change it to NTFS: So, as you can see I accidentally format the EFI partition and now my laptop Asus-X441UV is "OS-less". Thankfully I still can access the data via boot menu Linux Mint haven't download for Windows one. What should I do? Thanks and sorry for my carelessness...
  8. Error : windows detected that the efi system partition was formatted as ntfs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error : windows detected that the efi system partition was formatted as ntfs: [ATTACH] My laptop is running on Ubuntu, and i want to install Windows 10 alongside my current os. But it show error "windows detected that the efi system partition was formatted as ntfs" when i try to install Windows 10. what should i do? thank you, this is my partition...
  9. Windows detected that the efi system partition was formatted as ntfs. Format the efi system...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows detected that the efi system partition was formatted as ntfs. Format the efi system...: I am getting this error trying to install latest version of windows in a uefi bootable USB. I used Rufus to create the USB in ntfs format. I have formatted my OS and I don't want to lose any more data. What can I do?...
  10. Is it possible to reset the filesystem on a partition/volume to NTFS without formatting?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to reset the filesystem on a partition/volume to NTFS without formatting?: I'm migrating the data on an old laptop to a new laptop. To accomplish this, I removed the disk from the old laptop and put it into a USB-SATA bridge. The first time, this worked fine, and I pretty much got all my files off the disk. Then, I started installing apps on my...