Windows 10: Windows wants deleted account to login

Discus and support Windows wants deleted account to login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, Windows wants me to login into my PC with a deleted account. Is there a way around this? Last I did the standard Windows 10 update as i was... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AlBooth1, Oct 17, 2020.

1. AlBooth1 Win User

Windows wants deleted account to login

Hello,

Windows wants me to login into my PC with a deleted account. Is there a way around this?

Last I did the standard Windows 10 update as i was shutting down my laptop. I’ve come to it today and it won’t let me login. It says the login is an old gmail one from when i first set it up.

since then I have changed the account email and deleted the gmail one. I can login fine to my account on my phone, so the actual account works.

The laptop isnt giving me alternate login options and as the account doesn’t exist anymore, I can’t get in.

Thank you

:)

AlBooth1, Oct 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Deleted account appears in login and not able to login

Thanks for the reply Anu...

I am not logged in with the microsoft account so when I click on reset password on the windows login page I see a popup to enter the cd for the password recovery which I don't have it

This is a local windows account that I deleted from the command prompt in my previous login

for reference here are the steps that I followed

• Initially had Windows 7
    • upgraded to Windows 10
    • Didn't like it much as I have to run everything as administrator otherwise the application will not open
    • All my previous work is moved to a different user account which is a master admin and I have to keep trying to access to that folder
    • So I used a RECOVERY option in windows 10 to go back to Windows 7
    • Got a popup requesting to delete the accounts created in Windows 10
    • Using command prompt deleted the user account(local user account and not the Microsoft account.Read somewhere in blogs.(net user and then delete user from cmd prompt))
    • Got the confirmation message in cmd prompt window that the user account has been successfully deleted
    • Restarted my machine and I am surprised to see the login window (the one that is deleted in previous steps)
    • I tried resetting the password but requires password recovery cd which I didn't create after moving to Windows 10

Mohana V R KMutyala, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Removing deleted user account from login screen

Hi Macheal,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry to know that you have issues with the account.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

Are you logging in using a Microsoft account?

If you are using an administrator account, I suggest you to delete the other user accounts once again and check if that helps.

Method 1: I would have you perform the steps-

• Login to your default account.
    • Click on the “Windows logo” and type “User Accounts”.
    • Now, select “Settings” and then select the “User Accounts” icon.
    • Click on “Manage another account” and then select the user account that you want to delete.
    • Click on “delete the account”.
    • Depending on whether you want to “Keep the files” or “delete the files” choose the appropriate option.
    • You can delete the other accounts similarly.

Note: Once deleted, the user accounts cannot be recovered. Make sure you back up any data if required.

Method 2: If the issue persists, create a new user account and check if it helps.

Refer the following link for help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note the above steps are also valid in Windows 10.

Please contact us for further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Sudharshan M K, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Windows wants deleted account to login

Windows 7 Account Wont Delete

The title pretty much says it all. There is only one account on my computer (me) besides Administrator. I do have Nvidia so "UpdateUser" doesnt count (does not show up on the login screen). After i restart my computer last night i noticed that windows doesnt go directly to my account and ask for my password. Instead i have to choose my account or another account that has randomly appeared on the windows log in screen. What is even more weird is that the name of the account is a secondary alias i use online. I installed iExplorer (from MacroPlant) to restore some old text messages on my iPhone but uninstalled it shortly after.

I have tried deleting the "account" from CMD, system profile, computer management and even control panel. I've done my research and i learned that every account as a Security Identifier...well this one doesn't have one in the registry.

If i attempt to delete the account and restart my computer (after two successful boots) the account will reappear again somehow. I dont have viruses or anything. I am running ESET and MSE.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this "ghost" account or profile permanently?

Thanks for the help.

IndependenT, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows wants deleted account to login

1. Windows wants deleted account to login - Similar Threads - wants deleted account

2. Cant login after deleting account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant login after deleting account: So basically I have this desktop which is with an online account but that desktop was put away for 2 years and meanwhile I deleted that email, not I got the desktop back and cant login because I dont know the password and when I try to reset the password it says that the...
  3. Cant login after deleting account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant login after deleting account: So basically I have this desktop which is with an online account but that desktop was put away for 2 years and meanwhile I deleted that email, not I got the desktop back and cant login because I dont know the password and when I try to reset the password it says that the...
  4. Cant login after deleting account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Will deleting this account off my pc delete the account. It’s my Xbox account and I want to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will deleting this account off my pc delete the account. It’s my Xbox account and I want to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LazySown85285 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ku31d8/will_deleting_this_account_off_my_pc_delete_the/
  6. Want to DELETE second User Account at login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Want to DELETE second User Account at login: Hello, I'm using a Windows 10 PC and I am the only user. My administrator username is "John Doe". Recently when I start the PC, I get 2 options for user login-"John Doe", where I click to enter my password and a second option to use a PIN, both have EXACT name "John Doe". The...
  7. can't login or delete mirosoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't login or delete mirosoft account: my home laptop, windows 8.1. I need to install a new VPN on it. my microsoft account on it was created with a login e-mail that is no longer in existence with a password that I don't remember. I created a new account but my computer won't let me switch....
  8. i want to delete user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i want to delete user account: I have a user account which is shown on enter password screen i want to delete it but it isn't showing up in control panel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-delete-user-account/c3084bbe-9363-4a16-b3c0-45f3aba1cd4c
  9. Deleted Admin account. Want to recover it.

Deleted Admin account. Want to recover it.: My first admin account after building my computer was a school account that was not a microsoft account or a local account. I used a PIN to unlock the computer. I decided to change the PC from using a school account to a local account. I then created a new local account and...
  10. Selling PC Want to delete main account

Selling PC Want to delete main account: I have Win 10 pro on my other PC. I want to delete the Microsoft account before I sell it. How do I do this? I not want to start over & reinstall Windows 7 & make a new account before I sell it. I have fresh install now but it used my email addy to log into windows. Also If...