Windows 10: Windows want's to configure another program

Discus and support Windows want's to configure another program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have calendar creator 12 on my computer and it runs fine. I also have a program fsbuild, which is a flight planning program for my MS FSX. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by johnk51, Dec 23, 2015.

1. johnk51 Win User

Windows want's to configure another program

I have calendar creator 12 on my computer and it runs fine. I also have a program fsbuild, which is a flight planning program for my MS FSX. When I start fsbuild a box pops up with windows is configuring calendar creator. Fsbuild has nothing to do with calendar creator, it's not even on the same hard drive. There is also another program that does the same thing, but I can't think of it right now. How can I find out what's causing this and how to stop it. It's annoying.

:)

johnk51, Dec 23, 2015

2. Can we install another anti-virus even though we have Windows Defender

No. There is no need to install another Anti-Virus program besides the in-built Windows Defender.

If both of them would run at the same time, they would conflict with each other and none of them could do its job correctly.

But you might want to install the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and run it once in a while as a second opion scanner.

If you would want to use another third party Anti-Virus program, Windows Defender would be automatically disabled.

I suggest to take the time to read the following articles:

Choosing an Anti-Virus Program

Supplementing your Anti-Virus Program with Anti-Malware Tools

How to Use the Built-in Windows Defender Antivirus on Windows 10

Configure Windows Defender in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10

Answers to common security questions - Best Practices

Cheers,

J

Jsssssssss, Dec 23, 2015
  3. JeffD92 Win User
    How do I make it so Taskbar icons will always maximize the window when hovering over them with a file for drag and drop applications?

When uploading files or importing them into programs via the drag and drop method (and only on a single monitor) I find that I am always minimizing and dragging icons over the program task bar but sometimes it will not always maximize the program, especially
    if I am in another window then try to do this... to get it to work I will have remaximize the window I want to drag and drop to and then re minimize it and then drag the icon back over, then it will reopen.

I am wondering if there is a trick / configuration / hack to always have the task bar icons always maximize the window when an icon is being held over them?

JeffD92, Dec 23, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

It might have an extension that is default with calendar.

CountMike, Dec 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows want's to configure another program - Similar Threads - want's configure another

2. Add another DC to Hybrid configuration.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add another DC to Hybrid configuration.: There is one DC, one on-prem Exchange 2019, Hybrid configuration. I need to add another one DC. Just adding a controller is no problem. The hybrid configuration raises concerns. What needs to be done on the Exchange server? I mean, for example:Set-ExchangeServer -Identity...
  3. Add another DC to Hybrid configuration.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add another DC to Hybrid configuration.: There is one DC, one on-prem Exchange 2019, Hybrid configuration. I need to add another one DC. Just adding a controller is no problem. The hybrid configuration raises concerns. What needs to be done on the Exchange server? I mean, for example:Set-ExchangeServer -Identity...
  4. Windows wants to open my C:/ drive with another program...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows wants to open my C:/ drive with another program...: I just updated Windows over night and now every time I start up my PC, Windows immediately asks me which program I would like to use to open C:/ my boot drive. Since the update and this new startup prompt, nearly half of my desktop shortcuts have become blank and useless....
  5. Cant delete a program with configuration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant delete a program with configuration: Hello, I have a problem i have an program that i cant delete with configuration if i click on delete it says that im not allowed to delete the program but on other programs i have no problem with uninstalling them delete and im an administrator [ATTACH]...
  6. I want configure auto back in windows 10

I want configure auto back in windows 10: I have lots of important files on my system and I don't that I have backup manually so I want that system automatically take the backup in windows 10...
  7. Program as trigger to open another program?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program as trigger to open another program?: Hello dear community, I got CS:GO in Steam. I would like to run CustomDesktopLogo at the same time so that I can display a small dot in the middle of the monitor. Now I have already tried with a CMD file: start /b "" "C:\Not...
  8. Open in another program

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Open in another program: Hello. I'm running into problems regarding deleting, moving or re-naming files/folders ... always PDF ones. "...file is open in another program". There is no other program open! In Task manager it sometimes works to end Adobe Collaboration Synchronizer (2), but sometimes the...
  9. Windows Configuration Designer - Does what he want?!

Windows Configuration Designer - Does what he want?!: Hello Guys So, I started to configure some Provisioning-Packages for my Company with the Configuration Designer. I tried to configure an "MultiAppAssignedAccess-Image" with the xml file but it seems it won't work.... every time I apply the provisioning package it restarts...
  10. I want to move the program files folder to another Hard Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I want to move the program files folder to another Hard Drive: I want to move the Program Files to another hard drive but I only want to move the folders not the actual main Program Files folder. Will doing so screw up my system? Jaydan...