Windows 10: Windows wants to do EVERYTHING through OneDrive

Discus and support Windows wants to do EVERYTHING through OneDrive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi 10 Pro 20H2 New MB, CPU, fresh install. OneDrive is Unlink from this device. I install software: it wants to store the settings in a OneDrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by macnab, Mar 24, 2021.

1. macnab Win User

Windows wants to do EVERYTHING through OneDrive

Hi

10 Pro 20H2

New MB, CPU, fresh install. OneDrive is Unlink from this device.

I install software: it wants to store the settings in a OneDrive folder.

I try screen capture: it wants to use a OneDrive folder to store the file.

I select a folder in Explorer, it displays the files one by one at 1 second intervals. I want to capture that (with Bandilab), the file is stored on OneDrive somewhere, can't see where because the window is totally transparent apart from the border and title bar.

How am I supposed to supply info when everything goes to OneDrive? Which I cannot access because I have unlinked this PC from my OneDrive account.

:)

macnab, Mar 24, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 24, 2021
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows wants to do EVERYTHING through OneDrive - Similar Threads - wants EVERYTHING through

2. OneDrive doing whatever it wants

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive doing whatever it wants: this is the second time onedrive has done this and its messing up my files and computer and i dont know why. every single path and file and somehow move it to the onedrive desktop but yet its still all on my actual desektop and it looks like nothings changed except for all...
  3. OneDrive doing whatever it wants

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive doing whatever it wants: this is the second time onedrive has done this and its messing up my files and computer and i dont know why. every single path and file and somehow move it to the onedrive desktop but yet its still all on my actual desektop and it looks like nothings changed except for all...
  4. OneDrive doing whatever it wants

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How???

I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How???: How do I take all of my file folders off of OneDrive, but keep them on my computer?Simple language please. HP wiped my computer and downloaded a diff version of Windows or made my default start syncing all and now all of my files are online on OneDrive and I NEVER WANTED...
  6. Don't want OneDrive to automatically sync everything

Don't want OneDrive to automatically sync everything: I was prompted by Windows: "Let finish setting up your device", and decided to just continue this time instead of pressing "remind me later". I have a desktop and a laptop linked to the same Microsoft email. Previously, they were not synced, as I wanted to keep them separate....
  7. Don't want OneDrive to automatically sync everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't want OneDrive to automatically sync everything: I was prompted by Windows: "Let finish setting up your device", and decided to just continue this time instead of pressing "remind me later". I have a desktop and a laptop linked to the same Microsoft email. Previously, they were not synced, as I wanted to keep them separate....
  8. Don't want OneDrive to automatically sync everything

9. Do not want to store in Onedrive.

Do not want to store in Onedrive.: Do not want to store in Onedrive. It seems to be default. How can I default file storage to my hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-not-want-to-store-in-onedrive/2cc555a9-8a62-43f0-81e7-e73c0237bb69"
  10. I DO NOT want to use Onedrive

I DO NOT want to use Onedrive: Hi, I DO NOT want to use onedrive. I only want my files saved to my PC. How do I do this?? I selected I only want files stored on my PC folder, then I deleted the folder from my onedrive folder. I then tried to open them in my PC folder and it said they'd been deleted!!...