Windows 10: Windows wants to update to a version that is already installed.

Discus and support Windows wants to update to a version that is already installed. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I've been trying to update my windows, but it kept showing this error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/__Arthur__360, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Windows wants to update to a version that is already installed.

Windows wants to update to a version that is already installed. VQ_iRTsvhwtBVUN99Hf2Yi2A6TQl6zEXK9UrXubA8ig.jpg

I've been trying to update my windows, but it kept showing this error

https://preview.redd.it/wybzm1njqwc...bp&s=28c6f7f44b8c788a81eb099f0ea03bc237a6e381

I tried to search for solutions, tried a lot of them.

Then I just wanted to check my version, just to make sure.

https://preview.redd.it/it6mc5zwqwc...bp&s=53d6eec5638285351907fe6d91df3499ec64a313

And it turned out that I already have the version that windows is trying to install.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/__Arthur__360
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/__Arthur__360, Jan 22, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 22, 2021
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jan 22, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows wants to update to a version that is already installed.

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows wants to update to a version that is already installed.

1. Windows wants to update to a version that is already installed. - Similar Threads - wants update version

2. KB5001716 will not install - Later Version of Update already installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5001716 will not install - Later Version of Update already installed.: Product: Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems KB5001716 -- A later version of Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems KB5001716 is already installed. Setup will now exit....
  3. KB5001716 will not install - Later Version of Update already installed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5001716 will not install - Later Version of Update already installed.: Product: Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems KB5001716 -- A later version of Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems KB5001716 is already installed. Setup will now exit....
  4. KB5001716 will not install - Later Version of Update already installed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update trying to install update that's already installed

Windows Update trying to install update that's already installed: Windows Update is constantly trying to a install a windows update that's already installed. To be specific it's September 1st 2021-08 Cumulative Update Preview KB5005101 or September 14 2021-09 Cumulative Update KB5005565 I'm using Windows 10 21H1.This seems to be related to...
  6. Windows wants to update Intel Graphics driver to a version which is already installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows wants to update Intel Graphics driver to a version which is already installed: Hi, I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad C340-14IWL running Windows 10 home version 20H2, build version 19042.662. For some reason, windows keeps wanting to update the Intel Graphics driver to version 26.20.100.7323. This is not the latest Intel Integrated Graphics driver, which...
  7. Windows Update tries to install an already installed update

Windows Update tries to install an already installed update: Hello there. I noticed that windows update tries to install a display driver and it fails, because it already has installed it. This has been going on since the 2020 update release. I can't make it stop. Is there any way to make it "forget" or exclude this update? Somehow...
  8. Configuring already installed OneDrive; Windows version 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Configuring already installed OneDrive; Windows version 1903: OneDrive already installed previously. Signed in. Transferred files. Wanted to change settings. Right clicked the cloud icon. Setting box comes up, telling me I'm not signed in. Clicked "Sign in". Nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? 153254
  9. Windows Update tries to install an already-installed update.

Windows Update tries to install an already-installed update.: Fix Windows Update or give the one from 8.1 or 7. The update in question is this: [ATTACH] Now I have already installed it manually by downloading it through Microsoft Catalogue since I know Windows Updates fail mostly. Here's the proof: [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Anniv wants to update an update that i already installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Anniv wants to update an update that i already installed: A few days ago I updated my system to Win Anniv 1607 using an ISO disc. Today I have the same? update showing up in my Update Status. It is KB3176929. I selected defer updates for now, but why does this show up? I don't want to do this again because I had to do a clean boot...